final - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

final

Parsno1

12 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

What was the specific reason for the cancellation?

No idea, I just got an email saying my flight was cancelled so I could change onto the next one free of charge or cancel my entire booking.

On 3/11/2020 at 6:56 AM, Parsno1 said:

Are you still travelling to the Final (assuming we beat Israel) if it is behind closed doors? Looks like if it's Norway it will be. I'm in 2 minds about it.

No chance.  3 days off work, hotel and other costs to watch it in a pub that charges 4 times the amount of a pub I can watch it in at home? It's a easy choice to make. 

19 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

No chance.  3 days off work, hotel and other costs to watch it in a pub that charges 4 times the amount of a pub I can watch it in at home? It's a easy choice to make. 

I can't believe folk are actually going to go and watch it in a pub knowing fine well there's a decent chance of not being able to get back into the country.

Bonkers.

51 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I can't believe folk are actually going to go and watch it in a pub knowing fine well there's a decent chance of not being able to get back into the country.

Bonkers.

The social media TA. All the way over to take a pic for Facebook.

Meanwhile the troops will be crammed into an air b and b in Glasgow city centre watching it on the tv with a bag of cans and the tunes blaring 

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Have any of you actually had your Norway/Serbia flights cancelled, yet?

I haven't received anything myself.

Booking.com asked me if wanted to cancel my digs, flights are on the 31st so outside the 14 day shut down

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Have any of you actually had your Norway/Serbia flights cancelled, yet?

I haven't received anything myself.

No, I have free cancellation on my apartment so will be cancelling it and hoping the airline cancels the flight. I was planning on going to Belgrade regardless but have changed my mind, things are changing too quickly.  

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

No, I have free cancellation on my apartment so will be cancelling it and hoping the airline cancels the flight. I was planning on going to Belgrade regardless but have changed my mind, things are changing too quickly.  

I have a friend in Belgrade. In the next few days, I'll be tapping them up to see what's happening over there.

EDIT: they had previously told me all sport was cancelled, but I've just seen the Serbian Superliga played a full programme of fixtures yesterday, including Partizan and Red Star.

9 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Seemingly, Serbia closed her borders tonight. 

Government will review situation in 72 hours.

Received this email from Wizzair. I expect them  to confirm cancellation in next couple of days.

Dear Customer, 

As you have an upcoming reservation with us, we wanted to drop you a note to follow up on the recent travel restrictions imposed on all flights announced by the Government of Serbia.  

We understand how frustrating delays and cancellations can be in times of uncertainty however we don’t have all the answers yet. We’re working hard on getting more up to date information and finding a solution for your upcoming flight. In the meantime, we recommend you monitor local news and expect to hear from us within the next 72 hours with information on the available options if there are changes to your flight.

We are a business that’s built on truly connecting people no matter where or who they are and under normal circumstances we safely operate over 700 flights a day in over 40 countries. During these highly unusual times, we kindly ask you to bear with us and use our self-service platforms provided in emails as much as possible to minimise the traffic to our already extremely busy Call Centers. The scale of cancellations is almost unprecedented in the history of modern air travel. 

Please be assured that we’re working tirelessly to solve the situation and that your safety and well-being remains our absolute top priority.

Sincerely,
Your team at WIZZ

Ryanair are offering me the chance to change my flights to Oslo to a different date free of charge.  You only pay any difference in flight costs.  Not interested in that particularly as you seemingly pay significantly more for the flights to rebook than if it was a new booking.

My outbound flight is on the 28th. I am going to sit tight for a bit and wait for the flights to be cancelled.

Delaying the Euros might actually be good for us, especially if they delay the play-offs. Let our younger players develop over the next year and we'd stand a better chance. Please let us unearth a quality striker in that time...  Griffiths seems to only screw the nut for short periods of time. 

13 hours ago, Ta Ta said:

Ryanair are offering me the chance to change my flights to Oslo to a different date free of charge.  You only pay any difference in flight costs.  Not interested in that particularly as you seemingly pay significantly more for the flights to rebook than if it was a new booking.

My outbound flight is on the 28th. I am going to sit tight for a bit and wait for the flights to be cancelled.

They're refunding me for the flight from London to Oslo on the 30th