Gigs 2020 - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

We went to a thing at the O2 a couple of weeks ago called Manc It Up.  All tribute acts for Manchester bands.  We missed the Courteeners, Smith and Seahorses ones the 3 we did see - Happy Mondaze, Complete Stone Roses and Definitely Oasis were all tremendous.  A great night out with the lads for a few beers and to sing a long to some brilliant songs!

On 12/22/2023 at 3:16 PM, Fairbairn said:

We went to a thing at the O2 a couple of weeks ago called Manc It Up.  All tribute acts for Manchester bands.  We missed the Courteeners, Smith and Seahorses ones the 3 we did see - Happy Mondaze, Complete Stone Roses and Definitely Oasis were all tremendous.  A great night out with the lads for a few beers and to sing a long to some brilliant songs!

Annual night out for us tonight

IMG_5839.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 5:16 PM, StirlingEgg said:

Living Colour playing the Barras in July...supporting Mr Big...

Interesting

I see Jesus & Mary Chain are doing a 40 years tour later this month, including Edinburgh but sold out  

1 minute ago, exile said:

Interesting

I see Jesus & Mary Chain are doing a 40 years tour later this month, including Edinburgh but sold out  

I'm not sure I fancy Mr Big though!

Got tickets for Happy Mondays & Stereo MCs at Barras soon. Think I got a bit nostalgic when I bought them and now not sure if it'll be any good 🤔 Maybe I'll blend in with all the other middle aged parkas...

3 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

I'm not sure I fancy Mr Big though!

Got tickets for Happy Mondays & Stereo MCs at Barras soon. Think I got a bit nostalgic when I bought them and now not sure if it'll be any good 🤔 Maybe I'll blend in with all the other middle aged parkas...

To be honest I hadn't heard of 'Mr Big'. Will need to look into.   

Though if Living Colour are on first I could imagine giving unknown rockers a miss and going home to bed early 😅

Edited by exile

1 hour ago, exile said:

To be honest I hadn't heard of 'Mr Big'. Will need to look into.   

Though if Living Colour are on first I could imagine giving unknown rockers a miss and going home to bed early 😅

Was there not 2 bands called Mr Big 🤔

Not many gigs for me recently, but saw Powersolo in Glasgow last night in Broadcast.   Tiny place and even then almost empty.   Everybody was a fan though and we had a great time.

Going to see Paul Weller at Edinburgh castle in July, haven’t seen him live for at least 25 years. Tried to get a hotel in Edinburgh for the night but the prices are outrageous. Will be getting the train back to west is best. 

• 2 weeks later...