Gigs 2020 - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 1/26/2022 at 12:25 PM, Jon Cutler said:

I've seen them a few times with Simon. He's really good IMO. Much better than when Mike Peters and Tony Butler were on vocals. I did see Mike a few times just felt his voice wasn't really suited to BC songs.

I haven't heard Simon so should maybe try to check him out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Probably stretching it a bit to call them ‘gigs’ but I am off to see Dionne Warwick tomorrow night and Big Bad George Benson next Friday.  Yeeha !  Canny wait !

They are 81 and 79 years old respectively. The dates have been rescheduled a couple of times due to covid, I was worried they might not manage,  but they have not been cancelled 💪

🎼 Never give up on a good thing , remember what makes you happy 🎼💃

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I was at James and Shed Seven in Ingliston at the weekend.  Two of the best live bands about so it was, unsurprisingly, tremendous! 

I have only been to Ingliston once , to see Pulp in the 90’s. I didn’t like it as a venue . I had seen them 3 or 4 times and that was my least favourite . From memory it was pretty soulless, though I was 7 months pregnant and sober which might explain it 😁

How did you find it as a venue ? 

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I have only been to Ingliston once , to see Pulp in the 90’s. I didn’t like it as a venue . I had seen them 3 or 4 times and that was my least favourite . From memory it was pretty soulless, though I was 7 months pregnant and sober which might explain it 😁

How did you find it as a venue ? 

Not sure it will be the same venue, this one was in a big top that has been put up specifically for a series of summer gigs. 

17 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Not sure it will be the same venue, this one was in a big top that has been put up specifically for a series of summer gigs. 

Still in Edinburgh? Just in case I have completely the wrong location and its Ingliston near Bishopton you are talking about ! 
Big top would be a great venue. The place I was in was a massive shed type thing , it was used for raves I believe which would have probably worked better  than for a band, but I was a bit old for raves even in the 90’s ….

Was at George Benson last night in the concert hall. Absolutely brilliant , especially for a man of 79 yrs. Great , enthusiastic , crowd, hopefully he feels it was worth the effort of all the travelling and covid delays . 

On 6/16/2022 at 10:56 PM, stocky said:

Im just back from seeing the ABBA show in London.

It was phenomenal.

Seriously...

Abbasolutely mind blowing.

It's the future 😎🤘🤘

Worth going to?  My wife has a big birthday this year so that might be on the cards.  We went to the Abba museum in Stockholm three or four years ago and was great fun, I would recommend it.  She got up and sang with some holograms of the band, so I guess its a development of those.

5 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Worth going to?  My wife has a big birthday this year so that might be on the cards.  We went to the Abba museum in Stockholm three or four years ago and was great fun, I would recommend it.  She got up and sang with some holograms of the band, so I guess its a development of those.

You will get sooooo many brownie points for taking her.

And You might even enjoy it yourself into the bargain

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from Hampden.

50000 singing along with Gerry Cinnamon.

Twas a Belter of a gig....

😎🤘👍

although the Charletons were on support, the biggest pile of shite I've ever seen at hampden..including the vogts, levein and burley years  

Edited by stocky

9 hours ago, bonzo said:

Gid stuff man, how was the sound? I swore after the last Roses gig I'd never watch a band at Hampden again.

Sound was Sound.🤔😉

We had no problems at all...

11 hours ago, stocky said:

Just back from Hampden.

50000 singing along with Gerry Cinnamon.

Twas a Belter of a gig....

😎🤘👍

although the Charletons were on support, the biggest pile of shite I've ever seen at hampden..including the vogts, levein and burley years  

I had tickets for this but it clashed with my holiday so had to sell.

I presume he didnt play hope over fear. Always thought that would sound great with 50,000 at Hampden.

26 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I had tickets for this but it clashed with my holiday so had to sell.

I presume he didnt play hope over fear. Always thought that would sound great with 50,000 at Hampden.

No he didn't, unfortunately.

No political chat at all , in fact very little chat, he did apologize for lack of banter, he said he was feeling pretty emotional and couldn't talk.

It did look that way.

Maybe say more tonight

He did a great cover of a billy Connolly song about Glasgow tho..