Gigs 2020 - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 12/1/2021 at 4:17 AM, dandydunn said:

Weller was outstanding, simply outstanding. A mix of old, new, Jam & Style Council, topped off with Steve Craddock on lead guitar. 

What a night. 

Well-jel 😏 . Paul Weller is a top entertainer. Met him before a gig at Strathclyde Uni when he was still in the Jam. Was a bit dumbstruck as a teenager but had a laugh when he signed his autograph on the NME over Bryan Ferry's face..

I've had a nightmare.  Bought the Missus Deacon Blue tickets for Edinburgh Castle next year (she's been wanting to see them for years) and booked a hotel too.  Then realised about 10 minutes later it's the same day The Strokes are playing Glasgow! Schoolboy error.

Was at Les Mis in Theatre Royal yesterday. What a show. Highly recommended for a good greet. I packed some tissues before I went as I cry every time I see it.

20 minutes in and Fantine’s I Dreamed A Dream’  had me blubbering on cue. I scrambled about my bag looking for my hankies but couldn’t find them,  I must not have put them in afterall.  Tears were streaming down my face so Mr Tidy gave me his face mask to use. I wiped my face then blew into it , the noise was louder than the cannons from the battle. I used it throughout the rest of the first half, It was only at the interval I realised we did not have any spare face masks 🤣

Went to Halloumi in Hope St afterwards. Great wee restaurant and brilliant atmosphere  👍

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, scottincarlisle said:

Just bought tickets for Big Country at the Old Fire Station in Carlisle in a couple of weeks time. 

Limited to 500 people, I haven't been to see them since late 80's.

I tried a few times without Stuart but it just isn't the same. 😥

3 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Well I'm looking forward to it, I havent been out for 2 years apart from work & morrisons 

Hahaha, got to a couple of gigs last autumn and I must admit when the band struck up I had a wee lip tremble 😄 enjoy👍

On 1/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, scottincarlisle said:

Just bought tickets for Big Country at the Old Fire Station in Carlisle in a couple of weeks time. 

Limited to 500 people, I haven't been to see them since late 80's.

I've seen them a few times with Simon. He's really good IMO. Much better than when Mike Peters and Tony Butler were on vocals. I did see Mike a few times just felt his voice wasn't really suited to BC songs.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:25 PM, Jon Cutler said:

I've seen them a few times with Simon. He's really good IMO. Much better than when Mike Peters and Tony Butler were on vocals. I did see Mike a few times just felt his voice wasn't really suited to BC songs.

I sadly never got to see BC with Stuart Adamson tho I was a big fan. Did see them with Mike Peters who I also like but vocally Simon is much closer to Stuart.

• 4 weeks later...