Gigs 2020 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Out for a meal?   I thought that everyone was hunkered down in their bunkers, given that the shelves have been emptied.   Mrs Grim thought she'd pick up a take-away, but the local Chinese was queued out.   No logic from me.

One of my lads is actually a chef in a Malaysian style restaurant, but it's so quiet they are going to concentrate on deliveries.

4 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Out for a meal?   I thought that everyone was hunkered down in their bunkers, given that the shelves have been emptied.   Mrs Grim thought she'd pick up a take-away, but the local Chinese was queued out.   No logic from me.

One of my lads is actually a chef in a Malaysian style restaurant, but it's so quiet they are going to concentrate on deliveries.

Yeah, given how thoroughly I’m washing my own hands before going near any food, I wouldn’t want to be eating food prepared by anyone I don’t know, for the foreseeable future.

16 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Yeah, given how thoroughly I’m washing my own hands before going near any food, I wouldn’t want to be eating food prepared by anyone I don’t know, for the foreseeable future.

I hear you, but their place gets a thorough clean up every night (unlike my kitchen :blush: ) and you can see it from the tables.   They had a newspaper call them up weeks ago (when this was only in China) asking what special precautions they were taking   ...like they were importing live pangolins from Wuhan or something.   I doubt they called up any chippies.

Sorry, wrong thread for this rant.

35 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

So if you wash your hands before you eat the contaminated food and what if your significant other makes a meal while being infected ?

14 hours ago, dohadeer said:

So you’re just going to stop eating then?

Or grow your own?

Hope you’re not hungry. 

27 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

So you’re just going to stop eating then?

Or grow your own?

Hope you’re not hungry. 

I’d be happy eating stuff bought from a supermarket, because there isn’t much alternative, and because a lot of it would have been produced before the outbreak, but I wouldn’t be going to a restaurant.

47 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I’d be happy eating stuff bought from a supermarket, because there isn’t much alternative, and because a lot of it would have been produced before the outbreak, but I wouldn’t be going to a restaurant.

When was the outbreak? Who had it first? How do you know who produced it?

I personally think you’re insane. 

• 2 months later...

No, not TAMB bingo.   Am going to a paid-for gig tonight ($9).

In underpants...    Check

Got beers...           Check

Made crab cakes...   Naw, but had fish fingers for tea.

Heading now to internet gig at the DoomSaloon   :headbang:

Hope I can work this before Clutch appear at 10.55.

Edited by Grim Jim

Worked out ok in the end.   Not sure if canned applause/cheering and CGI mosh would help.

I enjoyed it once I'd worked out my buffering problem was to my tv, and just got comfy instead at my computer.   Not such big speakers to piss of my neighbour though.   Shame;   I owe their 'weans' one or two :hammer:

Right, where's the merch?

• 1 year later...

@slasherand anyone else with am interest in Stereophonics. Tickets for intimate gigs on sale tomorrow at 9am  through Ticketmaster. 

Scottish dates are 3 Dec Caird Hall Dundee and 4 Dec Usher Hall Edinburgh . Celebrating 20th anniversary of  Just Enough Education to  Perform album. I cant manage either of them unfortunately. 

On 10/28/2021 at 1:33 PM, TDYER63 said:

@slasherand anyone else with am interest in Stereophonics. Tickets for intimate gigs on sale tomorrow at 9am  through Ticketmaster. 

Scottish dates are 3 Dec Caird Hall Dundee and 4 Dec Usher Hall Edinburgh . Celebrating 20th anniversary of  Just Enough Education to  Perform album. I cant manage either of them unfortunately. 

Thanks Tidy 👍unfortunately I can't make them either or the Glasgow gig in March (small matter of my 30th wedding anniversary😉

I did consider the Chilli's gig in July but at £91 plus booking fee they can ram it! 😳

• 4 weeks later...

Finally returning to see a stage tomorrow with Shed Seven, did anyone catch them in Dundee or Inverness this week?

Paul Weller on Tuesday, a full 26 months after the tickets were purchased and then Madness next Thursday. 

Apparently this is the set list Weller had for a gig in London last week 😬

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-weller/2021/new-theatre-oxford-england-738a16c1.html

I have a couple of theatre shows in next few weeks, Les Mis and Book of Mormon. 
Fratellis in March ( night after the play off ! ) and for all the octogenarians George Benson and Dionne Warwick later in the year. 
Haven’t managed to shake off David Gray unfortunately so have him too. 

Was at The Lathums and the Sheds at the Barras recently and James at the Hydro this week.  It's just great to be back at gigs! Thinking of getting the missus Deacon Blue Edinburgh Castle tickets for her Christmas and will definitely be going to see The Strokes at TRNSMT.  Oh, and also got tickets for James at Castlefield Bowl in Manchester doing their "Alton Towers" gig from '92.