Gigs 2020 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Just a continuation as the other thread is buried deep. 

Anyway, just got 2 comps for Stereophonics tonight. 

That’ll do me. 

They've been releasing the same song for about 15 years.

Also got Paul Weller in May and Ash are rumoured to be playing the Brewdog AGM, bit tjats went very quiet recently. It’s in a mo the time and no acts have been announced yet. Either theyve made an arse of it or announcing someone quite big to keep us on our toes. 

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

@slasher 

Are none of your pals feeling a bit concerned about standing tomorrow night amongst the great unwashed in the height of this coronavirus infestation?
Being the kind of person I am I could swap them for 2 safe seats 😗

Nope, there's low life expectancy in North Lanarkshire anyway 🤷‍♂️

Looks like you'll need to get your tongue out 😜

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Nope, there's low life expectancy in North Lanarkshire anyway 🤷‍♂️

Looks like you'll need to get your tongue out 😜

😂 I am still no that desperate. Looks like I am stuck with the pensioners in level 2. It will be murder having to sit,  Mr Tidy will need to tie me to the chair to stop me getting chucked out.
Enjoy 👍

Stunning gig, the mans voice is truly something else. 

Quite an emotional moment about 2/3rds the way through with “Before anyone knew our name” lump in the throat kind of few minutes. 

That new arena in Aberdeen is great for a gig. 

8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Stunning gig, the mans voice is truly something else. 

Quite an emotional moment about 2/3rds the way through with “Before anyone knew our name” lump in the throat kind of few minutes. 

That new arena in Aberdeen is great for a gig. 

👍 looking forward to it tonight in Glasgow. A friend saw them in London at the weekend and thought they were brilliant too. 

12 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 I am still no that desperate. Looks like I am stuck with the pensioners in level 2. It will be murder having to sit,  Mr Tidy will need to tie me to the chair to stop me getting chucked out.
Enjoy 👍

I saw the set list a few days ago, it looks banging.... buzzing for it now. Think we are going to Lebowskis for a few pre-gig if you're in the vicinity, if not have a blast! 😀

2 hours ago, slasher said:

I saw the set list a few days ago, it looks banging.... buzzing for it now. Think we are going to Lebowskis for a few pre-gig if you're in the vicinity, if not have a blast! 😀

We usually do go to Finnieston but I work in the centre of Glasgow and with the weather being so shit will probably just have a few drinks here. 
But I will wear a pink carnation just in case  ! You will recognise Mr Tidy anyway, he has that hang dog look of someone ground down by the cards he has been dealt in life 😎

Went to Steve Martin & Martin Short at The Hydro on Monday.  A cracking old school variety type show.  Got the following gigs lined up during the year

The Doors Alive @ The Barras

Stipe (REM tribute) @ The Bungalow Paisley

Wendy James @ King Tuts

Tim Burgess @ King Tuts

Lionel Richie @ Princes St Gardens

Billy Ocean @ GRCH

Nathaniel Rateliff @ GRCH

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

We usually do go to Finnieston but I work in the centre of Glasgow and with the weather being so shit will probably just have a few drinks here. 
But I will wear a pink carnation just in case  ! You will recognise Mr Tidy anyway, he has that hang dog look of someone ground down by the cards he has been dealt in life 😎

I might have an opening, I'll dm u 👍

9 hours ago, slasher said:

The phonics were magnificent! As good as I've seen them 😍

They were. Kelly Jones’s voice is outstanding. 
Can you believe it. We stood outside the hydro in the queue to get into the seated section and when we got to the door the wummin told us we were in the wrong queue , and that we had standing tickets !! After me pestering you for months for your tickets 😂😂

My pal had ordered the tickets for me as I was in a meeting when they went on sale. She said she couldnt get standing, only seating in level 2. The tickets werent available till a few weeks ago,  she printed them off and I just stuck them in my bag. When I looked at them they had a big bloody ‘S’ and ‘standing’ stamped over them 🙄

I have never been so happy to rejoin a queue. 
When we got into the hydro I cut and paste your number from your PM and txted you to let you know. When I was on the train home I looked at my messages. I had sent the txt to myself !
I must have cut and paste my own number 😂😂 I was just so excited I had standing tix. And even better I was just a few feet away from Kelly Jones when he came out onto the small stage in the centre 😍

The only thing that spoiled it a bit was a wee guy standing next to me dressed like a soldier head to toe in khaki and who didn't shut up. He knew the older songs so was a fan but just talked all the time during other songs. None of his pals had got in and he was trying to talk to anyone that would listen to him. Bloody annoying. 

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Can you believe it. We stood outside the hydro in the queue to get into the seated section and when we got to the door the wummin told us we were in the wrong queue , and that we had standing tickets !! After me pestering you for months for your tickets 😂😂

My pal had ordered the tickets for me as I was in a meeting when they went on sale. She said she couldnt get standing, only seating in level 2. The tickets werent available till a few weeks ago,  she printed them off and I just stuck them in my bag. When I looked at them they had a big bloody ‘S’ and ‘standing’ stamped over them 🙄

When we got into the hydro I cut and paste your number from your PM and txted you to let you know. When I was on the train home I looked at my messages. I had sent the txt to myself !
I must have cut and paste my own number 😂😂 I was just so excited I had standing tix. And even better I was just a few feet away from Kelly Jones when he came out onto the small stage in the centre 😍

The only thing that spoiled it a bit was a wee guy standing next to me dressed like a soldier head to toe in khaki and who didn't shut up. He knew the older songs so was a fan but just talked all the time during other songs. None of his pals had got in and he was trying to talk to anyone that would listen to him. Bloody annoying. 

🤣🤣🤣

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Haha that's brilliant Tidy 🤣

Glad you enjoyed it, superb so it was 👌

2 hours ago, bonzo said:

That's this thread fecked for the foreseeable then😥

I mentioned that to the wife tonight when we were out for a meal. 

She seemed rather upset that I was more worried about missing Weller & the Scottish Cup Final (potentially) 2 days in a row than that I would be free all day to spend her birthday with her on the Sunday 🤣🤣