Embarrassing Problem - Need Help - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Embarrassing Problem - Need Help

Just now, Tiny Tim said:

I’m not sure if this is a genuine post or not but my view is that I don’t want to leave this earth thinking what if? 

If it isnt genuine ET is a dead man. I usually charge for advice like that plus I have royalties to pay to Simon Bates. 

If it's affecting your sleeping and eating then maybe you should be seeking professional help.  That'd be better than setting yourself up for folk to take potshots at you on a message board.

I'm not quite getting how you're saying you don't grudge her marrying the man she loves though.  Do you know the guy?  You must've known for ages she had a boyfriend/lover/fiance?  It can't all have come as a sudden surprise.

Good luck anyway.  It must be rotten for you feeling like that.

17 minutes ago, daviebee said:

If it's affecting your sleeping and eating then maybe you should be seeking professional help.  That'd be better than setting yourself up for folk to take potshots at you on a message board.

I'm not quite getting how you're saying you don't grudge her marrying the man she loves though.  Do you know the guy?  You must've known for ages she had a boyfriend/lover/fiance?  It can't all have come as a sudden surprise.

Good luck anyway.  It must be rotten for you feeling like that.

I dont mean to undermine ErsatzThistles situation but that is part and parcel of your heart being broken. I am sure some of the guys on this board must have felt like that at some point, it cannot only be women . 
Given the fact he is only feeling like this now makes me think it is more a reaction to the stark reality that she is getting married to another man, rather than true love, else he would have been feeling like that all the time, not just the last few days.

Its a horrible feeling , if he doesnt want to let his feelings known to her then avoiding her as much as he can would be my advice. Seeing her will only prolong the hurt. He needs to make a break till the feelings are less raw. 

I am sure there are people reading his post and saying  ‘ ffs , man up’. But  there is no shame in admitting to feeling like this, its quite refreshing in fact. 

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont mean to undermine ErsatzThistles situation but that is part and parcel of your heart being broken. I am sure some of the guys on this board must have felt like that at some point, it cannot only be women . 
Given the fact he is only feeling like this now makes me think it is more a reaction to the stark reality that she is getting married to another man, rather than true love, else he would have been feeling like that all the time, not just the last few days.

Its a horrible feeling , if he doesnt want to let his feelings known to her then avoiding her as much as he can would be my advice. Seeing her will only prolong the hurt. He needs to make a break till the feelings are less raw. 

I am sure there are people reading his post and saying  ‘ ffs , man up’. But  there is no shame in admitting to feeling like this, its quite refreshing in fact. 

Not being able to eat or sleep though is pretty extreme surely?  I was utterly devastated beyond words after the referendum in 2014 but I still got a good night's sleep and ordered my curry as usual next night.  (Waking up to face the day was my problem!)

5 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Not being able to eat or sleep though is pretty extreme surely?  I was utterly devastated beyond words after the referendum in 2014 but I still got a good night's sleep and ordered my curry as usual next night.  (Waking up to face the day was my problem!)

Its certainly not good and if it went on for weeks then I would certainly suggest seeing someone because it may become obsessive.  However not sleeping and feeling sick are quite normal responses to being lovestruck, nervous or worried. 
I was gutted too after 2014. Didnt sleep well for a couple of weeks as it kept playing over on my mind.  Because I couldn't sleep I constantly felt sick. Everyones different. Some folk gorge themselves when they are upset.

People lose partners they have loved for 50+ years and carry on. I am pretty confident Ersatz will be fine. But it is shite while the feeling lasts.  

Wow.

Well thanks to the TAMB for some advice. :ok:

I am now managing to sleep and eat again. Just a strange phase that was. Never experienced anything like that before.

Friends and family advised me to get some exercise and burn off the nervous energy so I've been hit the country lanes of East Ren hard over the weekend and actually did feel a lot better. 

Thanks in particular to TDYER63 and Phart for their especially good advice.

A Scott McTominay screamer vs Israel would probably buck me up a fair bit :cheers3:

37 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Wow.

I am now managing to sleep and eat again. Just a strange phase that was. Never experienced anything like that before.

Friends and family advised me to get some exercise and burn off the nervous energy so I've been hit the country lanes of East Ren hard over the weekend and actually did feel a lot better. 

A Scott McTominay screamer vs Israel would probably buck me up a fair bit :cheers3:

You had some luck on grinder?  

Glad ur feeling better 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Wow.

Selfish bassa spreading your germs all over East Ren, do you not know there is a crisis out there ...😊

Glad to hear you are on the mend.  

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Wow.

Stop being a queerhawk and tell the dirty wee slut she's getting pumped