Embarrassing Problem - Need Help - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Embarrassing Problem - Need Help

Bit of a strange one this but here goes, prepare to have a huge laugh at my expense.........

I know that I've been a cunt to about 95% of everyone on this board at some time or other and on quite a few people's block lists but today I'm here humbly begging the TAMB for help and advice with how to deal with this highly embarrassing problem I have.

(Gulp)

I have held a torch for this amazing lass for years now. I've been absolutely crazy, head over heals in love with her for years. Now she is getting married shortly and recently I've been feeling a bit strange about the whole thing.

It's even begun to interfere with my life. I haven't slept for nearly three days nor eaten anything for about 36 hours just thinking about her. 

We were never together just friendly. And I was terrified of admitting my feelings to her but I cherished every moment I ever got to spend in her company and every word she has ever spoken to me. She's a great gal. The real Queen of Scots. A real angel living among us.

Imagine how you felt when Hutchison or Griffiths scored against England, or when Faddy scored against the Netherlands and France. Times that by a million and that's the feeling I got when she spent even ten seconds in my company.

Don't get me wrong now, I don't begrudge her marrying the fella she loves, not at all. I wish her a long, long life full of happiness. She's the sweetest, kindest, most compassionate human being I have ever known, beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. 

I just don't know what to do guys. This has hit me like an express train and it's actually kind of scaring me now.

How in the name of Berti Vogts do I get over this ? Become a St Johnstone fan or something ?

You're fucked. You've been a pussy for so long you've either been friend zoned or she just doesn't fancy ye. If she's now getting wed you'd be a cunt to declare undying love now. 

Accept you've made a bollocks of this and move on. Oh, and don't make the same mistake again! 

Just now, slasher said:

I've changed my mind. You should put all your cards on the table and tell her. It's what the board wants and you never know, you might have a shot! 🙈

Nah - you were right the first time and called a spade a spade which is the best advice

There must be a reason you never thought of asking this girl out on a date - possibly you knew she didnt feel the same way

If it was going to happen it would have you would think - regardless of you being terrified to tell her how you felt

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Nah - you were right the first time and called a spade a spade which is the best advice

There must be a reason you never thought of asking this girl out on a date - possibly you knew she didnt feel the same way

If it was going to happen it would have you would think - regardless of you being terrified to tell her how you felt

Second post was bantz...... unless the boys a fighter! 👊

2 minutes ago, exile said:

Invite her on to the TAMB (or get someone else to), but don't tell her who you are. Then get chatting and see if she falls for you (or someone else!)

Whit? You're no fuckin wise 🙄

But seriously. Could you find some sort of an intermediary. Someone trusted on both sides. And this person tells here they heard she has a secret admirer, and see her reaction. If she couldn't even dream of anyone else ever being better than her intended, she'd quickly brush it off, she has no need of secret admirers. On the other hand, if she's intrigued, and wants to know more, then, well maybe she is more flexible than you first thought. But then, would you still want such a person, so easily blown off course?

Edited by exile

4 minutes ago, exile said:

But seriously. Could you find some sort of an intermediary. Someone trusted on both sides. And this person tells here they heard she has a secret admirer, and see her reaction. If she she couldn't dream of anyone else ever being better than her intended, she'd quickly brush it off, she has no need of secret admirers. On the other hand, if she's intrigued, and wants to know more, then, well maybe she is more flexible than you first thought. But then, would you still want such a person, so easily blown off course?

That's better, an intermediary, preferably wan ae her pals 🤔 

Edited by slasher

13 minutes ago, slasher said:

Whit? You're no fuckin wise 🙄

Just thought it would be amusing, all the TAMBERs competing to be nice and friendly. Hey, and maybe invite the groom on as a newbie. And see whose wit and wisdom wins the day!

I've seen this sort of stuff on films. Just stand at the back of the church gazing wistfully at her with a tiny tear in your eye. She will notice seconds before the vows, fling the flowers at her dad & run down the street for a road trip across Route 66 (or I suppose the M74) with a presumption of no recriminations & living happily ever after.

Happy to help.

1 hour ago, Huddersfield said:

I've seen this sort of stuff on films. Just stand at the back of the church gazing wistfully at her with a tiny tear in your eye. She will notice seconds before the vows, fling the flowers at her dad & run down the street for a road trip across Route 66 (or I suppose the M74) with a presumption of no recriminations & living happily ever after.

Happy to help.

Did you not miss out banging on the church windows with both fists and screaming her name over and over like a tit?   It does seem to work.

You fucked up by not saying anything. As Slasher says accept responsibility and try and move on.

You really need to change your attitude to these things as well. Someone once said you regret the things you don't do much more than the things you do. 100% correct in my experience.

I'm just back from holiday went to visit friends and 3 other folk came as well, 1 i knew from uni but only seen twice in 17 years. Had an amazing time and had a wee crush on my erstwhile uni mate, broached it a couple of days ago got a nice KB (She's been dating someone back home for 4 months) and now can get on with my life without having to deal with any ambiguity in our relationship. Much preferable to the torture you're going through, which i commiserate with by the way, unrequited love is never good. Need to learn in future how to deal with your vulnerability and fear of rejection.

You have to move past this and resolve not to let it happen again.

Or you could go for the jackpot and try and be the greatest TAMB story of all time. Stand up at the wedding and declare your feelings while livestreaming it here it's up to you. Go for personal growth and maturity or TAMB immortality in the TAMb valhalla like Jimbers, Kraeigh , Bobby's daughter etc.

😢😢😢

I fear the horse has bolted EW. Does she perhaps have a sister that could help you get over her ? 

Or you could just go for it. Tell her how you feel. What is there to lose? If she is as lovely as you say ( and I am sure she is) , and she does not feel the same,  she will let you down gently. 

OR , you might get a nice surprise 😁

No matter what you do life is too short to pine after someone you cannot have. If  this romance is not to be get out there and find yourself another lass.
There are plenty out there looking for love ( try The Wee Howff in Paisley on a Saturday afternoon  )

Just dont judge them all by her high standards or you will never find love . Good luck. . 

Edited by TDYER63
Luck not lick 😬