The Alex Salmond Trial - Page 3 - Politics - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Alex Salmond Trial

exile

30 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Well I read all of Craig Murray's reporting on the trial and I was not able to really pinpoint any of the accusers. Sure I had a few suspects but I really cant say who they were based on his articles....

Ditto.   I have two suspects, but that is from the Scottish Gov internal case and the action Salmond brought against it.   I say suspects as I've not seen anything tying them to the last trial, so just my assumption.

As you say later, if you are already in the know, then all reports will be obvious to you who they are about.

1 hour ago, phart said:

James Doleman actually tweeted out a name of one of the accusers or so i'm told.

And deleted it pretty quickly.  Probably why he stopped live tweeting and wrote up a report at the end of the day.   That'll probably be viewed as a genuine mistake which was quickly corrected.

I was following Philip Sim and I noticed that he'd deleted a couple of tweets as well, neither of which looked controversial to me but I guess maybe there was a chance of jigsaw ID.

I also remember him tweeting that he hadn't tweeted for about an hour because there was nothing that could be reported without identifying the complainers.

i think the difference with Murray that he was warned in advance of the trial starting that the Crown Office were considering action over his "allegory" blog and he didn't heed that warning and continued in the same vein.   To me, there's two people that can be Identified solely from his reports and then checking facts already in the public domain to verify.

He obviously thought that he was right on the line of what would be acceptable although I doubt he was getting anything legal led unlike the MSM.   The Crown Office obviously think otherwise.  We'll see what happens if and when it comes to court.

I must admit that when the particular piece of evidence that was widely reported that is being called into question was reported, my immediate thoughts were "that identified <redacted> as one of the complainers"  As I'd followed the whole story closely throughout so I was well aware of the events covered by that piece of evidence, but then I'd already worked it out myself courtesy of the "allegory" post.    

I'm surprised that was reported but maybe there's some legal nicety there which I'm not aware of, particularly as it was so widely reported.  If there was a problem then I suspect at least one of these title's legal teams would've picked up on it especially as these reports are all still up.

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

Ditto.   I have two suspects, but that is from the Scottish Gov internal case and the action Salmond brought against it.   I say suspects as I've not seen anything tying them to the last trial, so just my assumption.

As you say later, if you are already in the know, then all reports will be obvious to you who they are about.

Both of those complaints formed part of the trial. 

That article he links to was after the trial so I missed it. I strongly recommend reading it. It is long but very interesting.

Am feeling sick right now, and more than a little angry.   What comes of speaking truth to power I suppose.   I shall bite my lip now.   Oh wait a minute...

I was happily retired off this board for a year but this is why i started posting again. I found it outrageous. 

It is all cool now he was acquitted on all charges but when it was down to the real bad shit... 90% rats.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Wings asking the Procurator Fiscal's office why they have only taken action against certain people and not others.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-appearance-of-justice/

I see that he's also now saying that a list-only pro-Indy party standing in next year's Holyrood elections is a waste of time unless it's his own egocentric vanity project one with a "strong brand" backing it.  

Wings asking the Procurator Fiscal's office why they have only taken action against certain people and not others.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-appearance-of-justice/

No surprises there then. Scotland's judicial system is a bent as a three pound note. It is revolting to witness. As for Police Scotland...

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18409947.macaskill-claims-dark-forces-involved-alex-salmond-trial/

41 minutes ago, aaid said:

I see that he's also now saying that a list-only pro-Indy party standing in next year's Holyrood elections is a waste of time unless it's his own egocentric vanity project one with a "strong brand" backing it.  

Good. We need a party that actually wants independence and is not run by careerist arseholes pursing their own poisonous agenda. Fuck the SNP while that shower of backstabbing rats are running it. Ideally they should all be cleared out but if it means forming a new party so be it. I would not vote for the SNP with NS and her team of tossers in charge in a million years. 

21 minutes ago, aaid said:

Always thought this was a bit of a strange one in the first place - not the pledge or the policy but putting it on a statue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-52748722

A quick look into this it seems fee paying students objected to this as opposed to it ostensibly being anything to do with the recent case (from Kieran Andrews covenor of scottish parliament journalist association).

I notice the article claims the student body was consulted. However other claims were they had a vote and 60/40 were in favour of keeping it. https://archive.is/ZSHb3

It's exhausting the amount of fact checking one must do these days.

27 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Having been speaking to a lad who knows the ins and outs of the trial, it really is civil war in there, rather shocked how high up in the party it is 

Cherry v Robertson started ringing alarm bells with me. 

24 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Cherry v Robertson started ringing alarm bells with me. 

Yes you’re right, i will hold the hand up and say i read this one wrong from the outset, i didnt like miss cherry before however she is starting to be one whom i am starting to warm too. There is something so wrong with this whole thing

40 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I will state, I still believe sturgeon has been outflanked rather than in on it

Listen man she is up to her neck in it IMHO.

Personally speaking and I am being completely honest here I fucking HATE the SNP now with her in charge. Could not vote for them under any circumstances at this point. None. 

Even if I assumed she wasn't totally rat fucking AS... well then fuck she is criminally incompetent and an absolute rube. We both know she is not.

There is no way all this took place under her watch without her being in on it. I cannot even look at her at this point. 

I don't know how it is going to manifest or where or when but there is an absolute shitstorm coming. I don't think I am the only one who is raging pissed off with them at this point. 

You are clinging on to the hope we can get passed the finishing post before it melts down but we are way past that point. 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Listen man she is up to her neck in it IMHO.

Personally speaking and I am being completely honest here I fucking HATE the SNP now with her in charge. Could not vote for them under any circumstances at this point. None. 

Even if I assumed she wasn't totally rat fucking AS... well then fuck she is criminally incompetent and an absolute rube. We both know she is not.

There is no way all this took place under her watch without her being in on it. I cannot even look at her at this point. 

I don't know how it is going to manifest or where or when but there is an absolute shitstorm coming. I don't think I am the only one who is raging pissed off with them at this point. 

You are clinging on to the hope we can get passed the finishing post before it melts down but we are way past that point. 

how alec wants to proceed, i will follow as i believe his judgement will always be to further the likelihood of independence, he will know best how to handle it. on a personal level where do you want this to lead?what would have you happy? sturgeon gone given but with what fallout behind it?

29 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

how alec wants to proceed, i will follow as i believe his judgement will always be to further the likelihood of independence, he will know best how to handle it. on a personal level where do you want this to lead?what would have you happy? sturgeon gone given but with what fallout behind it?

I am angry with what happened to Salmond but also equally now with Salmond. I really hope this experience has taught him some lessons.

This is his protege...

If he does not step up and sort this shit out his 'legacy' is utterly fucked.

Such a short time since he stood down and it has turned into this.. He made a big mistake walking away so quickly IMHO.

2017 election NS mishandled and AS lost his seat. How soon after they were on his back. I sure hope he is still not daft enough to think NS is in anyway his friend or ally.

edit: NS needs to quit and all her team. I'd take Cherry right now.

Edited by thplinth

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

I am angry with what happened to Salmond but also equally now with Salmond. I really hope this experience has taught him some lessons.

This is his protege...

If he does not step up and sort this shit out his 'legacy' is utterly fucked.

Such a short time since he stood down and it has turned into this.. He made a big mistake walking away so quickly IMHO.

2017 election NS mishandled and AS lost his seat. How soon after they were on his back. I sure hope he is still not daft enough to think NS is in anyway his friend or ally.

edit: NS needs to quit and all her team. I'd take Cherry right now.

The problem is, sturgeon could pull the house down, salmond could burn it down, i just hope independence is taken into consideration what ever hapens in the shit storm which is away to come 

10 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The problem is, sturgeon could pull the house down, salmond could burn it down, i just hope independence is taken into consideration what ever hapens in the shit storm which is away to come 

Was Independence taken into consideration when they decided to assassinate AS's character in order to keep him out of politics.

It is over for the foreseeable future. There is zero chance of independence under the current regime. They don't want it.

And once you remove the Independence carrot (cause that is all it is now) what remains is an increasingly horrible little party that has become a vehicle for a raft of uber woke shite that is the leaders personal political hobby horse.

There is a common theme to the SNP's ever increasing authoritarianism and what they attempted to do to Salmond. It is a deep seated arrogance that comes from having no real competition. We know what is best for you attitude the whole time. The house needs burnt down. It is exactly what is needed.

Edited by thplinth

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18486299.global-stars-rally-back-salmond-supporters-contempt-case/

Open letter to James Wolffe QC...

DEAR Mr Wolffe, We are writing to you to express our growing concern over the actions of both the Crown Office and Police Scotland.

In recent weeks vocal independence supporters and backers of the former First Minister Alex Salmond, specifically the former UK diplomat, human rights campaigner and journalist Craig Murray along with fellow journalist Mark Hirst, have been arrested and charged in relation to comments they made publicly during and following the trial of Mr Salmond. Other supporters of Mr Salmond have also been contacted by police and warned over online comments they made in the wake of the trial.

We are particularly concerned to note that the investigating police officers are the same detectives who led the investigation against Mr Salmond over a period of two years and at considerable cost to the public purse.

As you know, the prosecution following from that investigation, pursued again at considerable cost to the public purse, resulted in the acquittal of Mr Salmond on all charges and now raises the most serious questions about why that investigation and that prosecution were pursued.

Whilst we appreciate that you cannot be involved in individual cases you will undoubtedly be aware that complaints of alleged Contempt of Court were made against six other individual journalists widely regarded as being hostile in their reporting of Mr Salmond. No action by the Crown Office or Police Scotland has been taken against any of those individuals. This leaves the distinct impression that Police Scotland, at the direction of the Crown Office, is acting in a manner that is both biased and disproportionate.

As you will be aware, for public confidence to be maintained in our independent legal system the law must be able to both demonstrate it is acting impartially and be seen to be doing so.

The actions taken so far risk establishing a public perception that both Police Scotland and the Crown Office are conducting themselves in a manner which is biased and is indeed political in nature.

Such perceptions risk seriously damaging confidence in the Scottish legal system.

We would welcome your fullest public response to the concerns raised in this letter and any meaningful public assurances you can offer that both Police Scotland and the Crown Office are complying with their obligations to act with complete impartiality and to apply the law fairly.

Professor Noam Chomsky (linguist and political scientist), Yanis Varoufakis (Author, former Greek MP and Finance Minister, philosopher, economist), Professor Robert Black QC (Professor Emeritus of Scots Law, Edinburgh University), Sir David Hare (Playwright, screenwriter and film director), Kristinn Hrnaffson (Investigative journalist and Editor in Chief of Wikileaks), Tariq Ali (human rights campaigner, journalist and historian), Roger Waters (co-founder Pink Floyd, political activist), Lawrence B. Wilkerson, (US Colonel, Ret, former Chief of Staff, US Department of State), Paul Kavanagh (Columnist, The National newspaper), George Kerevan (Journalist, Former SNP MP, former Associate Editor of The Scotsman), Tommy Sheridan (Convenor, Solidarity and former MSP), Ann Wright (US Colonel, Ret, and former US Ambassador who resigned in 2003 in opposition to President Bush’s war in Iraq), Christine Assange (human rights campaigner and mother of Julian), Gordon Dangerfield (Solicitor Advocate), Hugh Kerr (Former Labour MEP, author and journalist), John Kiriakou (CIA whistle-blower), Coleen Rowley (Retired FBI Agent and former Minneapolis Division Legal Counsel, 2002 Time Magazine Person of the Year), Ray McGovern (Former CIA Officer, Founder of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity), Robert Tibbo (lawyer to Edward Snowden), Annie Machon (former MI5 officer, author and journalist), Katherine Gun (former GCHQ whistle-blower), Clive Ponting (former Government whistle-blower), Stuart Campbell (Editor, Wings over Scotland), James Kelly (Editor of SCOT goes POP! and columnist with The National), Neil MacKay (Singer-songwriter, Scottish independence activist), Liz Dangerfield (solicitor), Campbell Martin (Broadcast journalist and former SNP MSP), Elizabeth Murray (former Deputy National Intelligence Officer for the Near East & CIA political analyst), Robin McAlpine (Political strategist), Bogdan Dzakovic (9/11 aviation security whistle-blower, FAA Security, Ret.), Robert Wing (former US Foreign Service Officer), Marshall Carter-Tripp (Political science professor and Foreign Service Officer (retired) and Division Director, State Department Bureau of Intelligence and Research)

On 5/31/2020 at 11:03 AM, Grim Jim said:

Sign it here. Scotland is becoming a banana republic and all under an SNP government.

https://civillibertyscotland.com/news/arrests-of-two-scottish-journalists-spark-international-outrage