Retired/unavailable players - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Retired/unavailable players

Jmcq

52 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Wasnt even good enough in his “prime” unfortunately for us

He refused to play for us before he was in his prime. He was a good player but we had other decent strikers at the time so wasn’t missed.  

9 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

He was better than 'good'... If he had made himself available he'd have won lots of caps

He can still be described as a good player. 

He would have undoubtedly won lots of caps if he had wanted them. I doubt he’d have made a difference to our performance at Euro 96 or WC 98 though although it’s impossible to tell I suppose. 

One thing is for sure though, I think we’d all love a striker of his ability now. 

12 hours ago, ProudScot said:

McGregor was about 37 when he retired.

Also played for nearly 15 years with a lot of turning up for squads to sit on the bench and watch Craig Gordon play. 

He was a very good servant.

And he would be a godsend to have back. 

Good servants don’t sit in the stand flicking the Vs like 10 year old schoolboys. 

mcgregor is a clown, his behaviour on the park at 37 is an embarrassment. I only wish we had someone better than at the time so he didn’t get called up. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Good servants don’t sit in the stand flicking the Vs like 10 year old schoolboys. 

mcgregor is a clown, his behaviour on the park at 37 is an embarrassment. I only wish we had someone better than at the time so he didn’t get called up. 

McGregor done your wife by any chance? 😂