Scotland v Israel - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Israel

Shaundy

There is no need for our best players to play in a triple header. The play off games take priority. We play our best team in these games and play the squad players in the nation's league games. If we lose the first play off game then the nation's league takes priority. If the top players don't want to play them then blood the young ones.

1 hour ago, JECK said:

Could they not have arranged for us to play the Israel play off before the nations league game, that’s annoying.

The two ´warm up´ games will be handy though no? I think they´ll serve us well, rather than going in cold after 9 months...

1 hour ago, JECK said:

Could they not have arranged for us to play the Israel play off before the nations league game, that’s annoying.

Aye, that's what I thought as well. I just know what's going to happen. We will hump them in the first one, then the media will get all hyped up, and then we lose, the more important, second one. It's the Scotland way. :lol:

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, that's what I thought as well. I just know what's going to happen. We will hump them in the first one, then the media will get all hyped up, and then we lose, the more important, second one. It's the Scotland way. :lol:

Aye I don’t what it is, I’d just prefer the play off was first. If we beat them in the first game they’ll know how to play against us and get a better feel for it in the play off. Or we beat them 4 or 5 and knock any confidence right out of them. 

On 6/17/2020 at 8:18 PM, scottincarlisle said:

The provisional schedule will be confirmed along with kick-off times by UEFA in due course.

UEFA Nations League group match: Scotland v Israel: Friday, 4 September 2020
UEFA Nations League group match: Czech Republic v Scotland: Monday, 7 September 2020

UEFA EURO 2020 play-off semi-final: Scotland v Israel: Thursday, 8 October 2020
UEFA Nations League group match: Scotland v Slovakia: Sunday, 11 October 2020
UEFA Nations League group match: Scotland v Czech Republic: Wednesday, 14 October 2020

UEFA EURO 2020 play-off final: TBC v TBC: Thursday, 12 November 2020
UEFA Nations League group match: Slovakia v Scotland: Sunday, 15 November 2020
UEFA Nations League group match: Israel v Scotland: Wednesday, 18 November 2020

First game as it comes is the best possible warm up with a decent opposition and trip to follow. 

Important play off hopefully with two quicker than ever follow up  not unimportant home games . If that doesn’t prepare the team for the final or we’re already out then I’ll remind myself ‘‘tis but a game and we’re shite at being a nation in general. 

those three trips could be arduous or biblical ✌️😅

have we done three home games in a week ? Thought that was host team territory, which we were meant to be closer than ever this year as wasn’t.

Israel three times in three months is fascinating me . Especially after the two so contrasting performances against them quite recently 

on the team front I don’t mind saying I’m quietly excited about their potential more than I have been in decades . This unique pause in play has piqued my interest even more.