Scotland v Israel - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Israel

Shaundy

30 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

We are going off topic, but this is important topic.  I am looking at this, trying to figure out what it means in regards to symptomatic transfer - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540747/all/Coronavirus_COVID_19__SARS_CoV_2_

As far as I can see, all that says is, that it is most likely to be transferred through respiratory routes and contact with contaminated surfaces.

I'm not sure what you are looking for?

Thought I read a few days ago that Israel wants the game postponed due to affect on their squad already. If that’s what they want then I think that’s what’ll happen .

o/t someone linked to the world o meter site . I really like that for a big picture take on population. That’s 110,000 died today and it’s no yet t time. 

The more you think about this, It looks as though UEFA are praying for the situation to calm down so they do not have to take a decision until they are forced into a situation where they can no longer NOT take a decision.

We'll reach that point on 19th March in my opinion.

9 hours ago, dohadeer said:

I’m not sure how accurate that is, given that so many events in other countries have been cancelled/held ‘behind-closed-doors.’

I suppose, like you say, if that we’re true, it’s the public transport, rather than the event itself that causes the problem. In which case, a bit of a waste of time the professor making the point about outdoor gatherings. Strange one.

Last time I was at Ibrox for a game was V Georgia in 2014.

Thought I was being clever getting the tube a full hour ahead of kick off but we were packed in like sardines for the whole journey.

It must be like this for most Rangers games so the Underground on Saturday will be a perfect for spreading all sorts of germs.

Somehow I can't see the authorities closing the underground ahead of Sundays Old Firm match.

But is not jut the transport.

Ahead of the San Marino game at Hampden Montfords was packed and there was only a crowd of around 20,000 at the game.

The Beechwood would have been exactly the same.

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

The more you think about this, It looks as though UEFA are praying for the situation to calm down so they do not have to take a decision until they are forced into a situation where they can no longer NOT take a decision.

We'll reach that point on 19th March in my opinion.

Is that your birthday? 

6 hours ago, Shaundy said:

Thought I read a few days ago that Israel wants the game postponed due to affect on their squad already. If that’s what they want then I think that’s what’ll happen .

o/t someone linked to the world o meter site . I really like that for a big picture take on population. That’s 110,000 died today and it’s no yet t time. 

Sorry?

3 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Sorry? Not blaming you . 
Just noting that over 150,000 people died yesterday.

near 300,000 were born mind you. Loads more numbers on Worldometer site. 

I meant sorry as in what on Earth are you talking about. 

The amount of irrelevant shite that’s spouted on here is at a depressing all time low. 

Yeah . I understood that . I did say it was o/t  but daily deaths and births does have some relevance when discussing a global pandemic I think. Also that site does seem to have the most accurate up to date figures regards corona virus. 
An all time low seems quite understandable given we have never been so late in the day according to the doomsday clock. It’s why this thread is concerned with a game of football as a distraction. 
if as forecast there will be a billion covid whatever cases within 80 days it still won’t match the 20% of the world’s population that the Spanish flu had a hundred years ago. But the mortality rate and susceptible groups are different. 
Just heard Trump announcing the USA plans for Friday 13th anaw. If you don’t want more depressing news it should be avoided. 

back on thread . Are you still expecting a game of football to have been played by our national team in a fortnight? I don’t now. 

Edited by Shaundy
A fortnight + 1 day

On 3/7/2020 at 8:17 PM, Shaundy said:

Is it even possible now to guess if the game will be on ? I don’t think it is but having a ticket wonder when the decision might or must be made.

So has there been an announcement regarding this yet? Off, closed doors, what?! 

“I would like to reassure all Scotland fans who have purchased either tickets or hospitality packages for the match against Israel that those tickets will still be valid for the rescheduled fixture, when the date is confirmed. If supporters are unable to attend the rescheduled fixture then the face value of their tickets and packages will be refunded. Further information on tickets will be communicated to existing buyers in early course

• 2 weeks later...

Received a grief junky email today from the sfa , meh.

should be in a sold out Hampden now. Bought upper south west for first time . I sincerely hope some people are about with a ball at this moment . Car park , lessser Hampden or on the very pitch . Declare your team and the game is on . 

I did notice the game head euros for freaks that live through video started last couple of weeks. Sure it was sfa email that alerted me to it . So , if any of you lot are gamer cunts , claiming to have taken east fife to the champions league final , then do step up and play a virtual game with commentary for me . Please . 
Scotland 5 Israel 2 ft 

Just now, Terry Munro said:

All other UEFA competition matches, including the centralised international friendly matches, remain postponed until further notice.

Do they mean the nations league here?

No. The Nations League matches are not friendlies. 

That’s not to say the NL won’t be postponed or cancelled at some point.  

6 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

June was never going to be realistic for this one.Better to schedule it for March 2021 which would still be the same time frame of 3 months before the tournament begins

Agreed. Although it would’ve been good to secure qualification in June this year I don’t think there was ever a chance this was going to happen. 

1 minute ago, Terry Munro said:

I'm aware of that but it is a UEFA competiton

The press release stated that all UEFA club competitions are suspended until further notice and the internationals scheduled for June were also postponed as well as the women’s under 19 tournament in July.

No mention of the Nations League as far as I can see.