Scotland v Israel - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Israel

Shaundy

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

True but playing Israel at an empty Hampden would also remove our home advantage and reduce our chances of getting to an empty stadium in Serbia or Norway. 

Might take the pressure off the boys? We are horrible under pressure haha.

totally unbelievable.been looking forward to these (hopefully) two games for months.just wondering if it would be worthwhile going to oslo or belgrade if we beat israel.will lose my flight money anyway,and wonder if it would be worthwhile just going.anybody else going if we beat israel and play in oslo or belgrade?or would it be throwing good money after bad.

7 minutes ago, thesaint said:

totally unbelievable.been looking forward to these (hopefully) two games for months.just wondering if it would be worthwhile going to oslo or belgrade if we beat israel.will lose my flight money anyway,and wonder if it would be worthwhile just going.anybody else going if we beat israel and play in oslo or belgrade?or would it be throwing good money after bad.

I'll probably attempt to get into Hampden for the Israel game if its behind closed doors but fuck going over to Oslo for it. Not even the sort of place you can go for a cheap piss up as an alternative. I'll take the hit on my flights and with a bit of luck they'll be cancelled and we'll get a refund. 

12 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Might be worth going if they put on a big screen / fan zone

doh

19 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I'll probably attempt to get into Hampden for the Israel game if its behind closed doors but fuck going over to Oslo for it. Not even the sort of place you can go for a cheap piss up as an alternative. I'll take the hit on my flights and with a bit of luck they'll be cancelled and we'll get a refund. 

How will you attempt to get in?!

22 minutes ago, thesaint said:

I have flights to both (Belgrade via Oslo).

If the matches are behind closed doors, I'll probably go to Serbia; it will be cheaper than Norway. That said, Belgrade is one of my least favourite cities.

Be interesting to see if Valerenga Oslo or Partizan Belgrade play their scheduled league matches the weekend after.

25 minutes ago, thesaint said:

I am booked for Belgrade and going no matter what. I probably wouldnt bother booking anything now if I hadnt already booked this trip right enough, its too uncertain. 
 As Rich Nata says, Belgrade is much much cheaper than Oslo so if it is behind closed doors you probably want to be throwing money away in Belgrade rather than Oslo,   

49 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Tbh I just really hope it gets played! Fingers crossed.

If Euro 2020 is postponed until next year then the playoffs might be postponed as well. Mind you, I doubt UEFA would make that decision before the playoffs are due to be played.

The whole thing is a bit of a shambles. 

I still suspect that Serbia will request a postponement of the Norway game due to the high number of Italian based players they have (almost the whole of their defence play in Italy) as I can not see them letting this one slide.

That begs the question on will UEFA just scrap all play off’s for a later date, or will our game v Israel go ahead and play final at a later date after the Norway v Serbia fixture is played.

5 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I still suspect that Serbia will request a postponement of the Norway game due to the high number of Italian based players they have (almost the whole of their defence play in Italy) as I can not see them letting this one slide.

That begs the question on will UEFA just scrap all play off’s for a later date, or will our game v Israel go ahead and play final at a later date after the Norway v Serbia fixture is played.

Thing is , we are 4 months from the finals. And my good lady, who works for NHS24, says that this could go on for a while yet.

My personal opinion is that this whole thing is overblown. But you can't fuck about with people's health 

Just now, dohadeer said:

I’d be surprised, otherwise 50,000 of us would be trying it.

If you have a genuine method and you don’t want to share it here then fair play to you, but I’m assuming that it’s all talk.

You can assume whatever you like but there's plenty of people on here who know that I don't accept not getting into football matches.

4 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

You can assume whatever you like but there's plenty of people on here who know that I don't accept not getting into football matches.

Sounds like the tag line to a terrible film.........

’One man. Who does not accept not getting into football matches.’

Same rules for you as for the rest of us, and for the rest of the World, on this one I’m afraid.