Scotland v Israel - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Israel

Shaundy

5 minutes ago, in5omniac said:

Everyone arriving into Israel has to quarantine for 14 days, guessing they won't be getting together over there first before coming to Glasgow then.

They are having a training camp in England before moving on to Glasgow.

9 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

So will they shut the pubs too to stop us gathering there to watch the games?

That has already been discussed at a UK level. When (not if) the situation changes there was a suggestion pubs would be asked not to screen live sports events which would obviously enourage large groups to attend.

Depending on how things go pubs may be told to close anyway football or no football.

6 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

So will they shut the pubs too to stop us gathering there to watch the games?

Think as long as everyone stands at least 10metres apart , regularly washes their hands and avoids touching their faces should be good

it now appears the Millwall F troop of 1970s were light years ahead of their time on the terracing ( google panorama millwall if too young for that one ...)

dont panic......

1 minute ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Think as long as everyone stands at least 10metres apart , regularly washes their hands and avoids touching their faces should be good

it now appears the Millwall F troop of 1970s were light years ahead of their time on the terracing ( google panorama millwall if too young for that one ...)

dont panic......

😂 Harry the Dog. 

16 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

That has already been discussed at a UK level. When (not if) the situation changes there was a suggestion pubs would be asked not to screen live sports events which would obviously enourage large groups to attend.

Depending on how things go pubs may be told to close anyway football or no football.

Hopefully they close my office as there's 100 in my dept and my local never has 100 folk in it.

They are expecting it to peak in the UK in two weeks times, which sounds a little to close for comfort....

I suspect one from Israel or Serbia (more likely them with the amount of Italian based players in their squad) will request a postponement of one of the games. 

11 minutes ago, wanderer said:

They are expecting it to peak in the UK in two weeks times, which sounds a little to close for comfort....

I suspect one from Israel or Serbia (more likely them with the amount of Italian based players in their squad) will request a postponement of one of the games. 

I would say our fixture is just a week too late to survive - at least for spectators.

And for those who have booked flights to Oslo more bad news if you are with Norwegian Air like myself

https://www.thelocal.no/20200310/airline-norwegian-cancels-3000-flights-due-to-coronavirus-impact

6 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

I would say our fixture is just a week too late to survive - at least for spectators.

And for those who have booked flights to Oslo more bad news if you are with Norwegian Air like myself

https://www.thelocal.no/20200310/airline-norwegian-cancels-3000-flights-due-to-coronavirus-impact

Yeah, kind of clutching at straws for our game, but think we are only hours-days away from news that Norway v Serbia will be canceled all together

If we do get to the final then playing in an empty stadium would remove the home advantage for Serbia / Norway.

Luckily my Oslo flights were only £18 return all in. So won’t be massively out of pocket if we both get to the finals.

J

29 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

If we do get to the final then playing in an empty stadium would remove the home advantage for Serbia / Norway.

True but playing Israel at an empty Hampden would also remove our home advantage and reduce our chances of getting to an empty stadium in Serbia or Norway. 

32 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Luckily my Oslo flights were only £18 return all in. So won’t be massively out of pocket if we both get to the finals.

J

I will be about £160 down.Surely playing at your own stadium still gives you a certain advantage.