Scotland v Israel - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Israel

Shaundy

It’s possible to guess. It’s not possible to know. 

I’m not sure if this virus can actually be contained so cancelling sporting events is possibly a waste of time. 

If I was to guess I would say the game will go ahead but it might be behind closed doors. 

Just now, Shaundy said:

Any guesstimate when a decision will be made ?

Depends what happens with the virus I suppose. You would hope they would give people at least a week’s notice but some events have been cancelled at the last minute so who knows what will happen. 

Bonny, you can’t help being a dishonest mudda , can you 😀

TP. I did think it depends on the virus. As you say I don’t think we can know if the decision will be last minute or not . 
I’m usually quite last minute arranging anything but know it will fustrate those more organised folk

Got a feeling both the semi and final of the playoffs will be behind closed doors, hopefully no travel restrictions for those already booked tho. Serie A is back on this weekend but most games behind closed doors, Copenhagen have announced no fans for at least the next month. Having your life disrupted a bit is better than the alternative obviously but this is going to affect us all over the next couple of months, sport included 

35 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Israel are looking for a postponement as some of their players would have to be quarantined prior to the match and would miss the start of their training camp.

Where u seeing this?  If true then postponement is highly likely. 

Unless uefa give us s bye...  🤔

They don't need a training camp - we're not having one and have players expected to play for their clubs a few days ahead of the game and there would be no available dates for a reschedule. Norway and Serbia would be opposed to any delays also.

Aside from that I expect we will be getting £15 refunds to our bank cards over the next couple of weeks.

Just hope the SFA don't allow the hospitality to go ahead as a compromise - that would be an outrage if SSC members were overlooked for the money men.

Edited by Catchart Circle

6 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

They don't need a training camp - we're not having one and have players expected to play for their clubs a few days ahead of the game and there would be no available dates for a reschedule. Norway and Serbia would be opposed to any delays also.

Aside from that I expect we will be getting £15 refunds to our bank cards over the next couple of weeks.

Just hope the SFA don't allow the hospitality to go ahead as a compromise - that would be an outrage if SSC members were overlooked for the money men.

If the hospitality were to go ahead,i think we would be quite within our rights to gather at Hampden en masse and vent our anger.I will be at the front of the queue.Surely even those idiots wouldn't dare do that!

FIFA and AFC have postponed the March and June Asian World Cup qualifier ; all Italian sport off until April 3rd ; some cities, towns and areas in lockdown.

This game will be off. Do we get a bye then as being the top seed?  Although knowing our luck, the Euros will be pulled as well then!

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

FIFA and AFC have postponed the March and June Asian World Cup qualifier ; all Italian sport off until April 3rd ; some cities, towns and areas in lockdown.

This game will be off. Do we get a bye then as being the top seed?  Although knowing our luck, the Euros will be pulled as well then!

I would imagine it might be a drawing of lots.

Or they might hold off and host the playoffs nearer the time, if it looks likely that the finals will go ahead.