Billy Gilmour - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Squirrelhumper

6 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The general pronunciation of his name in the media has been bothering me. Is Gil-more correct? Where I grew up, anyone with the surname Gilmour would have had it pronounced more like Gil-mur with the last vowel sound being very clipped and not drawn out like ‘more’. ???

He should wear a suit of armore...

3 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Aye, exactly. It becomes a foregone conclusion if he isn't included in that and they'd maybe rather keep the announcement to themselves. 

There is nothing about his being included in this unders squad that means he cannot also be named by Clarke in the senior one. 

It does make it look like either the SFA can't co-ordinate or Clarke is indecisive.

Seems logical so far. U21 squad has been picked and announced. The full squad is announced next week * . The U21 squad are trying to progress to the full squad aren’t they ? 

*if I had any I would put it on no squad will be needed 

1 hour ago, Shaundy said:

Seems logical so far.

It's logic if Gilmour is not going to be in the full squad.

If he is going to be in the full squad (which takes about 1 minute to find out on the phone, so should have happened already), then it would be more logical to leave him out of the U21s, rather than have to call up a replacement next week after the senior side is announced.

3 hours ago, aaid said:

It does make it look like either the SFA can't co-ordinate or Clarke is indecisive.

Clarke hasn’t finalised his squad yet. Why should he confirm if Gilmour is in or out of his squad right now and what does it matter?

I have a suspicion that if all of Clarke’s first choice midfielders, possibly including McGinn, come through this weekend unscathed then he might leave Gilmour in the U21s. If we have some injuries then he’ll probably promote Gilmour. He might even do this anyway if Gilmour has another good performance against Villa on Saturday.

We’ll find out on Tuesday. 

12 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The general pronunciation of his name in the media has been bothering me. Is Gil-more correct? Where I grew up, anyone with the surname Gilmour would have had it pronounced more like Gil-mur with the last vowel sound being very clipped and not drawn out like ‘more’. ???

Thank god i'm not the only one. I pulled someone up about this (a fellow Scot), and then felt bad cos i thought i was being pedantic!

15 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Thank god i'm not the only one. I pulled someone up about this (a fellow Scot), and then felt bad cos i thought i was being pedantic!

What gets me is announcers who can say 'Munich' quite correctly then stumble over 'Murdoch'. Ah, that's the way to sort out the eligibles!

40 minutes ago, todd said:

😄 Yeah, I did notice he says that a lot 

I watched some painful interview on the BBC website with him, (I mean the interview was painful, not Gilmour), where they ended up discussing ‘haggis, neeps and tatties.’ Gilmour didn’t know what ‘neeps’ were. Let’s hope that Scott Brown left his colouring books behind when he retired from international duty.

Guest ElChris04

BBC interview done a day ago Incase anyone hasn’t seen, some painful viewing thanks to the thy they got to interview billy...