Billy Gilmour - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Squirrelhumper

6 hours ago, bazmidd said:

Watching this lad recently has given me the belief he genuinely has the ability and character to transform the way we as a country currently play football. If ever there was a massive shining example that the performance schools are starting to work then it is this young lad. Everyone knows the Scotland youth sides have slowly but surely began to implement a more creative passing game at at that level playing through the lines, and this kid might just be the one to finally bring that style straight to the full team. I swear this kid must have a Spanish granny or something because he looks like he's come straight from La Masia at Barcelona. Everything he does is pure quality, and it is not just the average fan raving about him here it is some of the best midfielders in recent times to have played the game. Roy Keane, Frank Lampard praisi g him to high heavens. We have had our fingers burned with young lads in the past who have been built up and spectacularly failed but I don't think we have ever seen a kid like this from Scotland certainly not in modern times. He has backed it up in these two games, he is more than ready now and it is going to be exciting watching him play and the way our country starts playing football. I honestly think he has the potential to be that good. 

Ryan Gauld comes to mind. I would say that he still does have genuine class about him, and I'm not writing him off just yet. Especially seeing how well the likes of Fleck and Fraser have done after spending time in the lower leagues.

But, Gilmour is on another level. Looking class for Dundee Utd in a team that actually had a lot of talented players in it at the time, is not the same as being MOTM against the European Champions.

All our promising youngsters have more been a "fingers crossed they develop into stars". Gilmour looks like he's been playing for 5 years already. The confidence he has at 18 is insane. I'd be shocked if he doesn't rack up 50+ caps for Scotland.

12 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Ryan Gauld comes to mind. I would say that he still does have genuine class about him, and I'm not writing him off just yet. Especially seeing how well the likes of Fleck and Fraser have done after spending time in the lower leagues.

But, Gilmour is on another level. Looking class for Dundee Utd in a team that actually had a lot of talented players in it at the time, is not the same as being MOTM against the European Champions.

All our promising youngsters have more been a "fingers crossed they develop into stars". Gilmour looks like he's been playing for 5 years already. The confidence he has at 18 is insane. I'd be shocked if he doesn't rack up 50+ caps for Scotland.

This ^^^^^^

Gilmour isn’t in the same bracket as our other promising youngsters. Our other promising youngsters don’t start for a champions league team and top EPL side. Not only did he start, he was given MOTM for both matches. He got every single epl pundit raving about him. 

This is not like leaving out a youngster who has a handful of SPFL starts because Gilmour is a cut above.

serious questions need to be asked of the SFA, Clarke and Gemmil if he is in the U21s and not the senior squad. 

Id personally start the lad. He is high in confidence which we lack at home and he hasn’t looked out of place against much better that what Israel offer.

finally the buzz it will give the crowd would be the icing on the cake.

Just now, BinosWest said:

It will already have been decided. I'm sure if Clarke wanted Gilmour he would have spoken with Gilmour. Clarke will already know his squad. I can't see him changing it because Gilmour's had two MOTM performances for Chelsea.

*spoken with Gemmel

Guest ElChris04
7 minutes ago, BinosWest said:

It will already have been decided. I'm sure if Clarke wanted Gilmour he would have spoken with Gilmour. Clarke will already know his squad. I can't see him changing it because Gilmour's had two MOTM performances for Chelsea.

Almost as if that’s exactly why he should call him up... 

9 minutes ago, BinosWest said:

Oh of course. He'd much sooner pick a journeyman like Graham Shinnie with no Mom performances for Norwich. 😲

Guest ElChris04

Said yesterday if billy gilmour isn’t called up to the main team I’ve officially lost all faith in Steve Clarke... I’ll echo that now and say the same again.. absolutely fuckin embarrassing decision.

Israel and other countries must be laughing at our set up.. a national team still living in the past. 😴 

5 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Said yesterday if billy gilmour isn’t called up to the main team I’ve officially lost all faith in Steve Clarke... I’ll echo that now and say the same again.. absolutely fuckin embarrassing decision.

Israel and other countries must be laughing at our set up.. a national team still living in the past. 😴 

As I understand it he will get called up for U-21's today and every chance he will be withdrawn when selected for the main squad next week. That is what I am hoping.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

As I understand it he will get called up for U-21's today and every chance he will be withdrawn when selected for the main squad next week. That is what I am hoping.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScotlandNT/status/1237323568813428737?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-4510997691432727154.ampproject.net%2F2002251816300%2Fframe.html

What is to be gained from calling him up to the U21s and then the senior squad? 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I have no idea - perhaps the clincher will be another impressive performance in the Champions League for Chelsea. Gilmour should be in the main squad for our biggest game in a few years if not Clarke is putting a big x on his back for those with their knives out if we fall short in the next one or potentially two games.

Managers are set in their way. Clarke has been planning his squad for months. Gilmour wouldn't have been in his thinking for THIS squad, up until last week. I'm not saying I agree with the decision not too include him, but can understand why Clarke may have decided against it. Would like to be proved wrong, but I would assume that Gemmel and Clarke would've spoken if Clarke had any intention of putting him in this squad.

3 minutes ago, BinosWest said:

Managers are set in their way. Clarke has been planning his squad for months. Gilmour wouldn't have been in his thinking for THIS squad, up until last week. I'm not saying I agree with the decision not too include him, but can understand why Clarke may have decided against it. Would like to be proved wrong, but I would assume that Gemmel and Clarke would've spoken if Clarke had any intention of putting him in this squad.

If clarke is that closed minded he will be sacked before 2020 ends. Any manager has to be open to new ideas, new players and have the balls.to make changes

Whats gemmil thinks shouldnt even be a factor in this. 

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I'm pretty confident Gilmour will be in the senior squad next week.

I'm less confident in the game going ahead but that's for another thread...

Aye - I agree.

There are no positive reasons for SC to leave him out the squad.

Creating a rod for his own back, especially if we don't qualify/fail to beat Israel.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye - I agree.

There are no positive reasons for SC to leave him out the squad.

Creating a rod for his own back, especially if we don't qualify/fail to beat Israel.

If he is going to be called up, why bother naming him in the U21s at all?

Just now, vanderark14 said:

If he is going to be called up, why bother naming him in the U21s at all?

Don't have a clue - maybe a final decision hasn't been made as yet and they don't want to demote him to the 21st once full squad is announced?

I still think he'll be in the squad next week.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Don't have a clue - maybe a final decision hasn't been made as yet and they don't want to demote him to the 21st once full squad is announced?

I still think he'll be in the squad next week.

That would be classic sfa if a decision hasnt been made. How difficult is it? Clarke picks up his phone, calls gemmil

Aye aye Scott, how ye doin? Ill be taking Billy for the israel match and if we win, he will coming to norway or serbia. 

The end

27 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Oh of course. He'd much sooner pick a journeyman like Graham Shinnie with no Mom performances for Norwich. 😲

Shinnie plays for derby, McLean plays for Norwich 👍

Crazy to think that there's zero communication between the u21s call ups and the senior side. It's a simple, 1 minute phone call.

So we should assume at this point that Gilmour is not in the senior side. Which is an equally crazy situation. Good enough for Premier League top 4, champions league and MotM against Liverpool, but Clarke doesn't think he's ready. Great. Can we have Levein back? Clarke is making him look good.