FlyBe - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Good riddance. Absolute shambles of a company, I have wasted so many hours/days of my life due to their planes being delayed, and the (lack of) response from their staff each time was appalling.

I’m sure that I made more money from them, than they did from me, because of the number of times their flights were delayed, and they were required to pay out the €250 standard compensation each time.

(I should add that this was several years ago now, I wouldn’t get on a plane nowadays, thanks to a certain Miss Thunberg!)

1 minute ago, Rich NATA said:

In 20 years, I've only had three delays of any note with them and only one if those was excessive.

Seriously?!!

I believe they were (hilariously 🙄) nicknamed Fly-may-be at one point, because it was a complete lottery as to what time your plane would leave at.

I fly up for the Scotlamd matches, so three or four times a year and hand on heart, only three delays of any note in twenty-odd years and only one was major (when the previous Glasgow flight didn't happen and they put everyone booked on that flight on to my flight and everyone on my flight got bumped on to a much later flight - to Edinburgh!)

The other two delays were about 60 and 90 minutes.

Apart from those three, no other springs to mind.

Have woken up to the news they have ceased with immediate effect.

I just checked the SOU airport website and almost every flight on the departure board shows cancelled. Like Toepoke said; 95% of SOU flights were run by FLYBE.

Right now, f*ck knows how I'm going to get up and back down for the play-off now, but I'm sure another airline will move in soon; the SOU-GLA and SOU-EDI flights were always busy.

24 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Have woken up to the news they have ceased with immediate effect.

I just checked the SOU airport website and almost every flight on the departure board shows cancelled. Like Toepoke said; 95% of SOU flights were run by FLYBE.

Right now, f*ck knows how I'm going to get up and back down for the play-off now, but I'm sure another airline will move in soon; the SOU-GLA and SOU-EDI flights were always busy.

I live between london and southampton. Can you get a train to london and fly from there?

This is a disaster for southampton. I used to fly there for work quite alot using flybe. 

10 hours ago, dohadeer said:

Good riddance. Absolute shambles of a company, I have wasted so many hours/days of my life due to their planes being delayed, and the (lack of) response from their staff each time was appalling.

I’m sure that I made more money from them, than they did from me, because of the number of times their flights were delayed, and they were required to pay out the €250 standard compensation each time.

(I should add that this was several years ago now, I wouldn’t get on a plane nowadays, thanks to a certain Miss Thunberg!)

You are a weird, weird character.

Happy to see 1000s of folk lose their job but don't like it if somebody calls a player shite on a message board.

1 hour ago, wee_pammy_87 said:

I was due to fly with them to Birmingham on Tuesday for a work trip 🙈 feel sorry for all the staff though and everyone who is stranded today

it's okay though - dohadeer was a late a few times, so it's good riddance all those folk have lost their jobs.

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Another mate said Virgin will move on.

11 hours ago, dohadeer said:

Time you grew up, 2000 people heading for the broo but I suppose they're all to blame for you being late.....not. 

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

Time you grew up, 2000 people heading for the broo but I suppose they're all to blame for you being late.....not. 

I think we all have companies that have treated us badly over the years, that we have grudges against though, and would be happy to see go under? If you don’t, then you’ve led a lucky life. I’m not judging them on one incident, but in my experience, on multiple occasions, they showed themselves to be solely interested in money, and with no interest in the customers whatsoever. 

Obviously, I haven’t dealt with each of the 2000 staff, but I had a lot of poor customer service while with Flybe over the years. I’m not celebrating 2000 people losing their jobs, I’m celebrating a company that I witnessed treating me and other customers really badly on lots of occasions, now going bust, as that in some ways shows that they didn’t know how to run a business after all.

(I may add that I’m quite an environmentalist, so I’m happy to see any airline go bust, particularly one that operates so many domestic flights, but in this case my grudge with Flybe was over a different issue.)

Flew from Manchester to Nantes with Flybe about 18 months ago.  The plane was a Bombardier something or other, a high wind twin engine propellor job with a very narrow fuselage.  Two seats each side of the aisle, and when they said the carry on luggage shouldn't be more than 200mm thick, they meant it, with quite a few people having to sit with their bags under their feet because they were Easyjet size..  Extremely noisy & pretty slow.  I flew in a De Havilland Dragon Rapide at Duxford last summer and it was a lot more comfortable (and a lot more fun).

I think they only hung on this long because of the code share with Virgin. Really poor news for a lot of regional airports and obviously the staff but they were floundering long before Coronavirus. I think thats a cop out from management. Who, are frankly 100% to blame.