Roll call. Who been banned over the years.. - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Roll call. Who been banned over the years..

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Where is that bawbag Ormond? Is he banned?  I'm sure he would enjoy this thread. Come on Moffat, get your arse I  here.. 🤣🤣🤣

Only thread I've ever started that got closed by the mods.

Legend has it that Ormond was having dinner one night when got a phone call from the mods. He said he would only be gone for half an hour. No trace of him has ever been found since then.

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Only thread I've ever started that got closed by the mods.

Legend has it that Ormond was having dinner one night when got a phone call from the mods. He said he would only be gone for half an hour. No trace of him has ever been found since then.

Brilliant mate..🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Can you appeal a ban..Defend yourself say? Or is it, fuck yae yir banned!!!

You could, I had one overturned after I got suspended for telling a racist joke. 

Think I’ve been suspended several times, usually for abusive language to a poster that I didn’t like. Most recent ban was for telling the dark knight, or one of his usernames to kill himself. 

Just realised my racist joke ban was in 2008 😳😳

17 minutes ago, kumnio said:

You could, I had one overturned after I got suspended for telling a racist joke. 

Think I’ve been suspended several times, usually for abusive language to a poster that I didn’t like. Most recent ban was for telling the dark knight, or one of his usernames to kill himself. 

Just realised my racist joke ban was in 2008 😳😳

🤣🤣

10 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

The lad Parklife used to wind him up something chronic. 😂😂

Reeky Sporran is a friend of mine.  Not seen him for years but my guess is that he got pissed off by the personal abuse that happens on here.  When folk on here are allowed to hurl personal insults then that is not a good thing and Mods should be sorting it out.  Like 'fat' etc.  You cannot get a reasonable discussion with folk like that.  Parklife is a different kettle of fish.  He is prickly but a good poster and seems like a good guy.  Seafield Sporran Legion Forever.  Right classes this morning so have a good day kids.

As someone who is fat, if you don’t want to be called fat, then don’t be fucking fat.

Alternatively don’t wind people up, or be a smug cunt to them. I had no issue with Reeky, but plenty of people did, some of it was deserved, and insults are easy to fling. 

Plenty of people managed to get by without being insulted, so maybe, just maybe, if you were insulted, you deserved it. 

I got banned once for having a major slagging match with Reeky Sporran (remember him) I'm still angry at myself after all these years for doing so, BUT  I couldn't help myself as he always came across (to me anyway) as an arrogant, adamant prick !!

35 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

I got banned once for having a major slagging match with Reeky Sporran (remember him) I'm still angry at myself after all these years for doing so, BUT  I couldn't help myself as he always came across (to me anyway) as an arrogant, adamant prick !!

He's a good friend of mine.  He is a great example of how its 100 times easier to have a debate with someone in person rather than online.

the problem is generally the medium rather than the individual. 

Nah Reeky(and Rossy) used to always have a go at me for admitting I had depression and was on anti-depressants for it at the time. Never failed to use it as a weapon against me. Which is why i had a wry smile when the attitude of the board as a whole turned round on mental illness. The only two folk i actually disliked on the board was Reeky (as aforementioned) and Rossy who I always said was a bluffer. (as evidenced by his ludicrous claim he still had bank forms from the 80's.. too long to go into) his embarrassing exposure by @slasher as one was the perfect example of giving someone enough rope to hang themselves.

On otherside Pistonbroke used to reach out me privately every now and again and make sure I was doing alright. Which was very nice and no one knew about it till now.

Anyway enough bitching about the past.

22 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Was Pistonbroke the Manchester journalist ? He had some interesting stuff AT TIMES . Him and the lad Donny. 👍

Yes, he became Wibble. He was amusing but totally lost it one day with Parklife and though I never like to see anyone banned I think he’d probably even say he deserved it. Shame really because as Phart said, off the board I think he reached out and helped a lot of people.

Donny is one of the best. Loved seeing some of his tussles, particularly with Jude. Clever guy so never had to resort to verbal abuse.

Edited by Tiny Tim

42 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Yes, he became Wibble. He was amusing but totally lost it one day with Parklife and though I never like to see anyone banned I think he’d probably even say he deserved it. Shame really because as Phart said, off the board I think he reached out and helped a lot of people.

Donny is one of the best. Loved seeing some of his tussles, particularly with Jude. Clever guy so never had to resort to verbal abuse.

He came across that thread as a right horrible cunt and the board was better off without him. 

Somethings you just dont say and he had plenty of that. 

I assumed that I’d been banned this morning, but I think that the forum was just down, or my internet playing up, or something.

I thought that you weren’t allowed multiple accounts on here? Several people on this thread seem to be openly talking about having had multiple accounts?

46 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I assumed that I’d been banned this morning, but I think that the forum was just down, or my internet playing up, or something.

I thought that you weren’t allowed multiple accounts on here? Several people on this thread seem to be openly talking about having had multiple accounts?

A  new admin took over and there seemed to have been a bit of an amnesty, well I think so at least.

Not that you wouldn't know that anyway

4 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

A  new admin took over and there seemed to have been a bit of an amnesty, well I think so at least.

Not that you wouldn't know that anyway

I didn’t know that, that’s why I was asking.

I’ve been treading on eggshells at times, because I assumed that once you were gone, that was it! I’m not someone who is good with technology, who knows how to pretend to have a different IP address or anything like that.

8 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I didn’t know that, that’s why I was asking.

I’ve been treading on eggshells at times, because I assumed that once you were gone, that was it! I’m not someone who is good with technology, who knows how to pretend to have a different IP address or anything like that.

I don't see anything you've posted that deserves a ban even though I rarely agree with much that you say. 

5 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I don't see anything you've posted that deserves a ban even though I rarely agree with much that you say. 

That’s what I thought, thanks.

As much as I may disagree or argue with people, I don’t resort to abuse, or offensive comments, or anything along the lines of racism/homophobia or any other form of bigotry. As I wouldn’t in real life either.

I hope that nothing I do would merit a ban, but I do sometimes get worried about being banned, when I’m involved in arguments that veer off topic!

Edited by dohadeer