Male Grooming - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Male Grooming

44 minutes ago, wee_pammy_87 said:

I think it should be embraced! ☺️ No shame in looking after ones appearance!

Of course, but where do you draw the line between the attraction between what’s masculine and feminine? I sure as hell widnae want a lassie wae a moustache and my Mrs hates guys wae nae body hair. 

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Veet round the cock & balls and as when is necessary, regular trips to the Turk barber for my fade & beard trim. That’s about it really, maybe veet my arsehole on birthdays, anniversaries etc. 

It’s my birthday next month but honestly, you don’t need to do that for me.

Any Gillette fusion users ever shave without a battery in? I done it the other day then shaved with one in it this morning and you really do notice the difference.

Oh and never used hairdryers unless I'm drying my daughter's hair. A quick rub with a towel would surely dry 99% of the Male populations hair.

56 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Any Gillette fusion users ever shave without a battery in? I done it the other day then shaved with one in it this morning and you really do notice the difference.

Oh and never used hairdryers unless I'm drying my daughter's hair. A quick rub with a towel would surely dry 99% of the Male populations hair.

I stopped using expensive razors and foam ages ago. I honestly think it’s the biggest con in retail.

3 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Since I’ve stopped shaving myself, I’ve been given 2 gift sets, one with a battery Gillette razor  and various creams and a full grooming kit with brush, cream etc. 

So to answer your question, I don’t really know anymore, been about 2 years since I shaved myself. 

But now I think about it, I’ve probably spent about £500 on having someone else do it for me 🙄

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

I'll use foam at a quid but definitely think you notice a difference with the razors.

I use soap inless the wife remembers to buy foam. I use harrys razors ,does the same job as gillette for me or i go to the local barger and get them to do it

Edited by vanderark14

3 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

On the towel front - how do you like yours? I prefer my towels that aged where you could grate cheese on them. New towels should be banned, at worst sent to a third world country to have some peasant dry themselves with it for at least three months beforehand. 

18 minutes ago, Farcity said:

On the towel front - how do you like yours? I prefer my towels that aged where you could grate cheese on them. New towels should be banned, at worst sent to a third world country to have some peasant dry themselves with it for at least three months beforehand. 

Oddly enough I had this conversation recently with my missus who was criticising my towels for being like sandpaper as I've had them for years. Like you, I dont like the new fluffy shit, doesn't dry you properly 

21 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Agreed,  you can't beat a towel straight off the washing line on a warm windy day. Gives them that rough feeling great for drying. 

19 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Persil liquid,  same stuff I use for shaving.

No no no. Dont be taken in with these new fangled products.  Liquid is shit. It bungs up your machine and makes it smelly. Use powder. It will also give you that nice cheese grater sensation whilst shaving.  👍

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I stopped using expensive razors and foam ages ago. I honestly think it’s the biggest con in retail.

Clearly you have never used a Bic Orange

22 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I got it tight on a work night out because I admitted to what I later learned was “manscaping”

Never owned a hairdryer though. 

Try and keep the beard decent because I’d look homeless if I didn’t. 

😂😂 Don’t know why but I would have put money on you having a beard. Also one of those wee pony tails ? 

On 2/28/2020 at 9:04 PM, WCTA said:

Of course, but where do you draw the line between the attraction between what’s masculine and feminine? I sure as hell widnae want a lassie wae a moustache and my Mrs hates guys wae nae body hair. 

I would say fake tanning is too far!

see I am the opposite like I don’t like beards on guys or them to be too hairy ahah! 🙈

I can't be the only one who saw the title of this Fred, and thought it was going to be about paedo rape gangs?

Can i? Anyone.....?

Edited by Dave78

10 hours ago, wee_pammy_87 said:

I would say fake tanning is too far!

see I am the opposite like I don’t like beards on guys or them to be too hairy ahah! 🙈

I’m with you on all of that wee_pammy. Fake tan is too far and I am not keen on beards. And  I dont like my men to have more body hair than me ...

I am probably a bit old fashioned though cos Mr Tidy’s grooming regime consists of a good scrub with Imperial Leather soap and a shave. He is a bit tight and only changes the blade on his razor when it is starting to cut his skin. He is tight on the soap too. Have you ever seen anyone get as much out of a bar of soap as this . I wish this was photo shopped but this really is his bar of soap.

FBECD554-66F6-4210-903F-12BC5AE958FE.thumb.jpeg.f1c6ab6051a8305e61c019d28750724f.jpeg