Male Grooming - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Male Grooming

On 2/28/2020 at 3:36 PM, Tartan_McCole said:

What else would you use a hairdryer on?! Anyway, I'll use a hairdryer if I'm in a rush. These luscious locks don't tame themselves!

Bizarrely enough some of the patrons that frequented the local gym when I use to live in Glasgow used a hairdryer as an alternative to a towel after showering. Quite a sight to see a grown man with legs akimbo drying his crack...

On 2/29/2020 at 2:25 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Clearly you have never used a Bic Orange

Harry’s razors, best shave I’ve ever had, allied with Bulldog shave gel. Korres shower gel. Seems expensive but lasts about a month for a daily shower. The biggest con for me is runny shower gel that you go through a bottle a week.

9 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Bizarrely enough some of the patrons that frequented the local gym when I use to live in Glasgow used a hairdryer as an alternative to a towel after showering. Quite a sight to see a grown man with legs akimbo drying his crack...

That's a banning offence surely. Creepy bastards.

3 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Harry’s razors, best shave I’ve ever had, allied with Bulldog shave gel. Korres shower gel. Seems expensive but lasts about a month for a daily shower. The biggest con for me is runny shower gel that you go through a bottle a week.

I still don’t know what shower gel is for; is it for your hair instead of shampoo, or your body instead of soap?

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Surely every man just uses shampoo or shower gel for everything? Whatever bottom is to hand does the job. 

Head and Shoulders for the heid, Foamburst for everything below the neck and Clarin's exfoliating face wash for the dish as I've got particularly dry skin on my face and find this works the best!  It's not cheap looking this good!!

20 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Surely every man just uses shampoo or shower gel for everything? Whatever bottom is to hand does the job. 

How the fuck does closest get autocorrected to bottom, I must have really made an arse of that FFS.

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Yeah, I tried to edit it before, but the board went down, think that would have made more sense.

Not surprising that you mistyped it. A Dundonian discussing soap is always going to be a wee bit on edge. ;)

I dry my hair everyday, it's medium length so the thought of cutting about with damp hair is grim. Moisturise everyday and use cleanser everynight before bed. Your skin is just like everything else, you've got to take care of it otherwise it'll go to shit.

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

How dae ye keep yer feet fae getting skin that is as dry as an auld hoors doss?

If ye press a spot on the bottom of my foot the entire sole moves and my heels are like sandpaper anaw. 

I know it's for hands but try this...

O Keeffe s Working Hands Cream https://g.co/kgs/iPV79o

Edited by bonzo

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

How dae ye keep yer feet fae getting skin that is as dry as an auld hoors doss?

If ye press a spot on the bottom of my foot the entire sole moves and my heels are like sandpaper anaw. 

22 minutes ago, bonzo said:

I know it's for hands but try this...

O Keeffe s Working Hands Cream https://g.co/kgs/iPV79o

Better still try their exfoliating foot cream.
https://www.amazon.com/OKeeffes-Healthy-Exfoliating-Cream-ounce/dp/B072VSYFNY

After exfoliating put a moisturiser ( Bonzos hand cream suggestion) on your feet before bed and wear a pair of socks overnight 👍

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Better still try their exfoliating foot cream.
https://www.amazon.com/OKeeffes-Healthy-Exfoliating-Cream-ounce/dp/B072VSYFNY

After exfoliating put a moisturiser ( Bonzos hand cream suggestion) on your feet before bed and wear a pair of socks overnight 👍

Might give that a bash. 

I used that foot mask thingy once, where basically all the skin on your foot peels off, rather messy that was. 

• 2 months later...

I've been using Gillette Mach 3's for donkey's years, but have recently decided I don't like them anymore.

They don't seem to stay sharp for long enough.

Can anyone recommend something longer lasting? It can be another brand or Gillette, but just not Mach 3's.

On 5/3/2020 at 10:09 PM, Rich NATA said:

I've been using Gillette Mach 3's for donkey's years, but have recently decided I don't like them anymore.

Can anyone recommend something longer lasting? It can be another brand or Gillette, but just not Mach 3's.

Why not just let it grow and save yourself a fortune on Brillo pads? 😐

On 5/3/2020 at 10:09 PM, Rich NATA said:

Recently switched to Harry's from using Gillette for years (you can actually get a free sample razor online from them), and have to admit massive difference.

Also recently switched to shaving cream shaving from can shaving and finding that it makes a massive difference.