UEFA nations league 20/21 - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

UEFA nations league 20/21

Terry Munro

28 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

20 years ago it would be a winnable group

Not so much now

20 years ago we drew home & away to Croatia, lost away to Belgium as usual and had the 2-2 nightmare at Hampden.

Buy aye, we're on our 2nd trough since then.   Well hoping this is a trough and not a perpetual slide 😧

These are the dates

• Matchday 1: 3–5 September 2020.
  • Matchday 2: 6–8 September 2020.
  • Matchday 3: 8–10 October 2020.
  • Matchday 4: 11–13 October 2020.
  • Matchday 5: 12–14 November 2020.
  • Matchday 6: 15–17 November 2020.
  • Finals: 2, 3, 6 June 2021.
  • Relegation play-offs: 24, 25, 28, 29 March 2022.

Not a bad little group.

Know Israel very very well. Czechs aren't what they were a decade ago (Euro 2012 qualifiers). Slovakia are decent but perhaps Hamsik will retire given he's playing in China now. Beat them at Hampden in 2017 although the away game was a shocker.

I hear there isn't going to be much in way of this influencing the world cup groups but surely you'll get a good seeding by winning the group?

So glad we never got Wales and the six counties.

The BBC would have been creaming themselves with all that "it's just like the good old days with the Home Championships again", and "who will the best of the British ?" shite. Fuck all that.

Could have been a tougher draw, so we've done quite well, I think.

In the travel sense; I'm disappointed we didn't Austria and Bulgaria.

That said, this would have been an exciting group in the not so distant past, but we've been to Prague umpteen times and been to Slovakia and Israel very recently.

Am I correct in saying Slovakia have a new stadium in Bratislava?

Have to say; the bars and clubs of Bratislava were some of the most anti-kilt I've ever known.

Wee nations , all about our population . Massive in putting Scotland in its place. How low or deserving. I don’t have a clue but the Scottish National football team is my only . 
i remember two of those nations being created. Have had a lifetime of reasons why the one should exist above all others . Then there’s Scotland. In there since kick off but really can’t be arsed to turn up even if the games are at home . 

Just now, Shaundy said:

Wee nations , all about our population . Massive in putting Scotland in its place. How low or deserving. I don’t have a clue but the Scottish National football team is my only . 
i remember two of those nations being created. Have had a lifetime of reasons why the one should exist above all others . Then there’s Scotland. In there since kick off but really can’t be arsed to turn up even if the games are at home . 

I’m not sure that I understood more than two words of that......

4 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Glad you don’t. What did you get ? “Be arsed” ! 

What were you trying to say?

’Massive in putting Scotland in its place.’

’How low or deserving.’

’.... the Scottish National football team is my only.’

‘i (sic) remember two of those nations being created.’

’Have had a lifetime of reasons why the one should exist above all others.’

’In there since kick off but really can’t be arsed to turn up even if the games are at home.’

If anyone can decipher any of those six quotes, then they are doing better than I am!

Not much of a challenge there. 
this group puts us among real contemporary teams an nations . None has the history football wise . Two are relatively young nations. The third is an international basket case and Scotland isn’t a real nation. 
Please ask for any further paint by numbers you ohdearmydoh 

Heard tonight both November games will be away due to some massive event taking place  in Glasgow on those dates , United Nations Climate control conference with over 30,000 delegates , seemingly no hotels available and police tied up at this as expecting massive disruption 

Edited by Robbo fae Ayr

Unfortunately so . Do you dispute that 

that is in regard to a Scotland not being a proper nation. A football and rugby team doesn’t make it but has done for us until now . Even they are not keeping it worth the while. The Welsh have more with the rugby and language. Other than the house jocks doing well most of us is just                                          Not.   

Edited by Shaundy

Ah fuk it . Got time. Do’h Rae mee

this group amongst contemporary nations shows where we stand now in the football map . Think that gets the first two bits.

Scotland is and only ever will be the national football team for me whereas, I do remember the Czech and Slovakia teams being One team and nation. Sovereign amongst the Eastern bloc. 
then there is the uk construct now accepted as Israel . A nation that has competed in Asian and African conferences but because they are all disagreeable are now European. . 
a very pleasant group.