UEFA nations league 20/21 - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

UEFA nations league 20/21

Terry Munro

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What teams in Wales/NI pots are a better draws for us?

I want Wales and NI as they are weakest teams we can draw from that pot.

In the whole of League B, Russia look a class above, and a couple of teams - no offence to them - Bulgaria and Israel, look like they may struggle on recent form. The other 12 teams, (excluding ourselves), I don’t think there is much between them.

I don’t see any significant difference in standard between Austria, Czech Republic and Wales.

I don’t see any significant difference in standard between Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia and Turkey. Granted, from our extra knowledge of Northern Ireland, we can think they may struggle once Michael O’Neill leaves.

I often get the impression on here that our fans always seem very disbelieving that Northern Ireland and Wales may actually be good teams! I don’t think that the rest of Europe are so dismissive of them, it’s probably that they’re so close to home for us, and we think that their players don’t play at such a high level, and that we’re used to being a better team than they are. I think that some people haven’t stopped to make the necessary reassessment of Northern Ireland and Wales, that has to be made given their recent achievements.

Edited by dohadeer

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rock Bar Pre Match......

Nah, South Belfast Northern Ireland Supporters club.... we ended up in their on the way to one of the Celtic Cup games, and while we felt dirty being in it, was a top night and the owner was a good lad.

Now, to see Terry Munro in there I would pay good money to see 😂

40 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What teams in Wales/NI pots are a better draws for us?

I want Wales and NI as they are weakest teams we can draw from that pot.

Kinda what I was trying to say until dohadeer took it and extracted something totally different from it.

Incorrect.  There are only TWO play off spots from the Nations League, which is awarded to the top group winners who are not in the top 2 of their regular qualification groups, which likely in my opinion, means two group winners from League B are added to the play off spots but this is by no means certain. 

And I expect someone will ask - 29 November 2020: 2022 FIFA World Cup, European Qualifiers draw

Source - https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2633814.html

Edited by romanticscot