Best English league side ever - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best English league side ever

5 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Not sure why there’s a discussion on this. Every week, we sing that we’re the greatest team in football the world has ever seen. Are they saying we are all liars?

I think you’ll find that Motherwell,  Motherwell FC are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

Ill let Huddersfield have the english tithe though. 👍🏻

(We have the best first verse though! 😂 )

36 minutes ago, fringo said:

It was quite interesting although to me using stats over 3 seasons was maybe too short? I'd have preferred 5 seasons.  The winners being Liverpool of mid to late 70s was the one I'd have gone for too.

Yeah they said the same thing, 4 or 5 could give slightly different results. 

What Forrest did is almost hard to put into context just using points for a trophy. 

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think you’ll find that Motherwell,  Motherwell FC are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

Are you the guy who changed his name to Motherwell? Ha!

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Ahem. 

I can see this getting heated.......🤣

4 hours ago, EddardStark said:

In terms of watching on the pitch then Bobby Robson's Ipswich, Clough's Forest team and Wenger's Arsenal with Henry at his best were a joy to watch. 

Aye agree that was a really good team (with a few decent Scots in it) did Aberdeen not beat them / knock them out of Europe early 1980's ???

27 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Yup, 1st round of the uefa cup, the holders went tumbling out. 

Aye that's right - Aberdeen where a superb team then, with a great balance throughout also a few players who could handle themselves - all instilled by a very good manager.