Will We Do It? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will We Do It?

weekevie04

Will We Qualify?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Will We Qualify?

• Yes
    • No

13 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Mitrovic is a championship player and Haaland is a child who won't be able to handle the expectation of a nation.

Neither of them contribute anything other than goals, and they won't score with our pressing game ensuring the ball is kept in their half.

We could of course play 4-3-3 and have a forward three that cant tackle for toffee.

I love your optimism!

I was stunned to learn Mitrovic has 34 in 55 for Serbia.

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Can’t believe I’m the first to mention this but i don’t think beating Israel is a given, they’ll fancy their chances. 

I think the sane among us know Israel won’t be easy but if we can’t beat a team ranked 40 or so places below us at home then we don’t deserve to qualify anyway. 

Guest ElChris04
8 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Well please tell that guy I like his optimism! 

Typo, but I have a good felling we may sneak it. The midfield makes me most confident. The form of McTominay since his return & The rise of Gilmour gets me really excited and McGinn back in training, Implying Gilmour gets called up.. but it would be stupid not too. He’s clearly so far ahead of anyone we’ve had at 18 currently and looks set for big things. I didn’t think anyone would top Tierney when I seen him play as a 18 year old in my lifetime, but Billy’s performance against Liverpool Did, was unbelievable. 

Edited by ElChris04

2 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Typo, but I have a good felling we may sneak it. The midfield makes me most confident. The form of McTominay since his return & The rise of Gilmour gets me really excited and McGinn back in training, Implying Gilmour gets called up.. but it would be stupid not too. He’s clearly so far ahead of anyone we’ve had at 18 currently and looks set for big things. I didn’t think anyone would top Tierney when I seen him play as a 18 year old in my lifetime, but Billy’s performance against Liverpool Did, was unbelievable. 

Haha I knew that, was just kidding on. I do love your optimism here, and I always manage to get myself into this line of thinking before a big match too. I really do think we have the players to be a decent team. Clarke just needs to get them working together.

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

have a guy feeling we may just qualify if our best players are fit. Our midfield gives me a lot of hope..

Getting McGinn fit would be a boost.  Maybe Tierney too.

Already good that McTominay is fit again and that Griffiths is back playing regularly and scoring goals.  

The defence is still a worry.  Israel have forwards that score goals at this level.  Norway and Serbia is an even bigger step up.  

7 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Unbelievable? He played very well but cmon. 

Our midfield in general is overhyped on here. I know it’s our strongest area but still below average for international teams 

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

have a guy feeling we may just qualify if our best players are fit. Our midfield gives me a lot of hope..

Ah, the old ‘gut feeling.’ The safe way to make a prediction without having to justify it with logic or reasoning.