Will We Do It?

weekevie04

Will We Qualify?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Will We Qualify?

• Yes
    • No

Will we qualify?

I found this on YouTube - apart from some honking translated lyrics - it geared me up a bit.

In your heart of hearts, will we qualify?

I'm affraid we won't, I have a sinking feeling we'll beat Israel quite well e.g 3-0 or so and then be full of the usual then bow out away in Belgrade (have a feeling they'll sneak through against Norway).

Anyhoos, over to you!

8 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

I found this on YouTube - apart from some honking translated lyrics - it geared me up a bit.

That's fantastic :lol: Murders the best line of the song:

"If i have the dream, will always, that's the one, you won't beyond, that's too good play" 

Jeez Kev, you could have at least linked the original :ok:

I’ll probably get slated for this but........

Pointless thread. We have about a 20% chance of qualifying. I think we all know that.

None of us can predict the future and tell whether this will be one of the 20% of times we qualify, or one of the 80% of times we don’t.

Confident of beating Israel and would be a bit more confident if final was at home. But away, against either side, its a very big ask. I don't think our defence is good enough and I don't think we have a big enough goal threat. In comparison Norway have an absolute monster of a goal threat in Haaland and Serbia have Mitrovic. We have no one at that level. 

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes I think we will do it.

I know the odds are against us but I have a feeling this will be our turn

I agree. There are lots of seemingly insurmountable obstacles in the way. But I think once we finally do qualify, we'll have made it as hard for ourselves as possible. Which will make it all the sweeter.

Ideally, the Serbia/Norway match will be an all out war, going to penalties, with some injuries. 

Yes, we have a weak defence, and they have a strong forward line. But we also have a lot of strengths in midfield. I doubt we'll be keeping any clean sheets, but I think if we can have a decent portion of possession, and limit their chances, we can maybe out score them.

We underestimate ourselves at times. I reckon Norway and Serbia will both have a look at our midfield and be a wee bit frightened as well.

Soon as I saw the final was away my mind was made up. How on earth it's not a neutral venue we'll never know. I'd love to think this group of players have in them but I just think mentally it's too much for them. Our strongest part is obviously midfield so you would think to get through 1 or 2 from midfield will have to have stormers and control the game but I just wouldn't back any of them to do that on the night. Why that is I do not know given the clubs they play for and some of their respective form. Probably need a solid defence behind them which just seems impossible to find.

7 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Confident of beating Israel and would be a bit more confident if final was at home. But away, against either side, its a very big ask. I don't think our defence is good enough and I don't think we have a big enough goal threat. In comparison Norway have an absolute monster of a goal threat in Haaland and Serbia have Mitrovic. We have no one at that level. 

Mitrovic is a championship player and Haaland is a child who won't be able to handle the expectation of a nation.

Neither of them contribute anything other than goals, and they won't score with our pressing game ensuring the ball is kept in their half.

We could of course play 4-3-3 and have a forward three that cant tackle for toffee.