Will We Do It? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will We Do It?

weekevie04

Will We Qualify?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Will We Qualify?

• Yes
    • No

Guest ElChris04
19 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Ah, the old ‘gut feeling.’ The safe way to make a prediction without having to justify it with logic or reasoning.

You always wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Think I explained my reason of optimism in a post further up...

Guest ElChris04
32 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Unbelievable? He played very well but cmon. 

Our midfield in general is overhyped on here. I know it’s our strongest area but still below average for international teams 

He definitely isn’t overhyped in the slightest. His technical ability against Liverpool was a joy to watch so aye it was unbelievable Performance. As many others are saying he looks the real deal. 

Just now, ElChris04 said:

He definitely isn’t overhyped in the slightest. His technical ability against Liverpool was a joy to watch so aye it was unbelievable Performance. As many others are saying he looks the real deal. 

Aye maybe for a Scottish player, we’ve been starved of that technical ability compared to other countries. 

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

Typo, but I have a good felling we may sneak it. The midfield makes me most confident. The form of McTominay since his return & The rise of Gilmour gets me really excited and McGinn back in training, Implying Gilmour gets called up.. but it would be stupid not too. He’s clearly so far ahead of anyone we’ve had at 18 currently and looks set for big things. I didn’t think anyone would top Tierney when I seen him play as a 18 year old in my lifetime, but Billy’s performance against Liverpool Did, was unbelievable. 

Mctominay had a 98% pass success rate and a good score on who scored so I had a look at the man utd forum and many thought it was a very poor performance. 

OK he made a lot off passes but they were slow and deliberate. He made tackles but got tackled more. Not quite back to his best by the sounds of thing

21 minutes ago, Robbo fae Ayr said:

Worryingly Norway have cancelled a major event in Oslo due to coronavirus and the Scotland game ( when we qualify) is in danger of being played behind closed doors , going by reports on Norwegian Tv

If it came to that, maybe a closed doors match would be better for us than Norway? Takes their 12th man out of the equation.

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

You always wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Think I explained my reason of optimism in a post further up...

Stick with those logical reasons then. I don’t think that your gut - or anybody’s gut - can predict the future!

24 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

How do you know the Israel gome won't be behind closed doors? A lot can happen in a couple of weeks.

I don't, nobody does, which is why I said "in that event".  If we're still playing in front of full stadiums and Norway are behind closed doors then no way it should be held there.

I can see both games being played behind closed doors - or postponed.

If Israel were next week then it would be fine but if there are numerous cases of infection which come to light which can be traced to tomorrows rugby international  - remember the symptoms can take two weeks to show - it will be difficult to justify allowing over 50,000 people congregating on the south side of Glasgow.

Things are only going to get worse by the summer and Euro 2020 itself must be in danger.

You couldn't have picked a worse tournament for these circumstances. If it was in one country it would be easier to control and isolate. 

34 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I don't, nobody does, which is why I said "in that event".  If we're still playing in front of full stadiums and Norway are behind closed doors then no way it should be held there.

Surely the fact that they were drawn at home is a pretty obvious reason to hold it in Norway/Serbia.

Guest ElChris04
2 hours ago, dohadeer said:

Stick with those logical reasons then. I don’t think that your gut - or anybody’s gut - can predict the future!

I’ll say whatever I want, guess you haven’t heard of the old saying then for being optimistic... either that or it’s just you being a wet wipe as usual.

55 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Surely the fact that they were drawn at home is a pretty obvious reason to hold it in Norway/Serbia.

But they don't really have a "right" to be at home, not like it's a group where we've played them at Hampden and we're looking to play them there for a second time. If they can't host it properly then the privilege should be removed

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

But they don't really have a "right" to be at home, not like it's a group where we've played them at Hampden and we're looking to play them there for a second time. If they can't host it properly then the privilege should be removed

Hahaha, I genuinely just laughed out loud at that one.

‘How dare you let the Coronavirus randomly stop you from hosting this football match ‘properly.’ We’re going to have to remove that privilege from you.’

Is that a balanced, well-considered opinion you’ve come to, or is that one made with your saltire-tinted glasses on?

Even if home fans are banned from matches, the team are still allowed to host the match. They don’t switch it to the away team’s venue. Surely something which was no fault of the home team, shouldn’t lead to them being punished, by having the match switched to an away match?

2 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

‘How dare you let the Coronavirus randomly stop you from hosting this football match ‘properly.’ We’re going to have to remove that privilege from you.’

Is that a balanced, well-considered opinion you’ve come to, or is that one made with your saltire-tinted glasses on?

Even if home fans are banned from matches, the team are still allowed to host the match. They don’t switch it to the away team’s venue. Surely something which was no fault of the home team, shouldn’t lead to them being punished, by having the match switched to an away match?

Having a play off in front of an empty stadium makes no sense, move it where fans can get in and watch it

As for you laughing out loud, I imagine you do that most of the day with a white jacket and padlocks round you,so I'm not really bothered.

26 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Having a play off in front of an empty stadium makes no sense, move it where fans can get in and watch it

As for you laughing out loud, I imagine you do that most of the day with a white jacket and padlocks round you,so I'm not really bothered.

Again, I’m not convinced that that opinion is impartial, I fear it may be influenced by the teams involved, whether you realise it or not.

I’d imagine it would be pretty unlikely for us to get to a scenario where the game was unable to be open to the public in Norway, but in the country next door (Scotland) it was okay for the game to be attended by 50,000 people. Not sure. 

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

PUBLISHED AUTHOR ALERT.