Youth teams - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Youth teams

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Don't think there is a specific thread for the U23's etc so thought I'd start one.

The U19's beat Czech Republic last night 1-0. Kai Kennedy with a cracker. The goal is on the SFAs Facebook but I can't link it here. Worth checking out.

Is there such a thing as Under 23s?

10 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Don't think there is a specific thread for the U23's etc so thought I'd start one.

The U19's beat Czech Republic last night 1-0. Kai Kennedy with a cracker. The goal is on the SFAs Facebook but I can't link it here. Worth checking out.

He was the best player on the park for rangers colts against ICT recently and looked technique wise a mile above everyone on the park. Hopefully he stats getting some gametime for the rangers first team. for that to happen though Gerrard would need to realise that Barker is a waste of human skin and Ojo has the footballing brain of a goldfish. So I won't be holding my breath.

He doesn't turn 18 until next month so time is on his side but I'd still like to see him, Mebude, Patterson and McPake (if he can get his confidence back) in and around the first team before the end of the season. The league's over no point wasting minutes on players who probably won't be here next season (Flannigan, Haliday, Ojo, Barker, Jones, Stewart, Polster, etc). Better to give these lads a headstart and get early first team football, rather persisting with shite no fan wants.

On 2/23/2020 at 1:40 AM, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He was the best player on the park for rangers colts against ICT recently and looked technique wise a mile above everyone on the park. Hopefully he stats getting some gametime for the rangers first team. for that to happen though Gerrard would need to realise that Barker is a waste of human skin and Ojo has the footballing brain of a goldfish. So I won't be holding my breath.

He doesn't turn 18 until next month so time is on his side but I'd still like to see him, Mebude, Patterson and McPake (if he can get his confidence back) in and around the first team before the end of the season. The league's over no point wasting minutes on players who probably won't be here next season (Flannigan, Haliday, Ojo, Barker, Jones, Stewart, Polster, etc). Better to give these lads a headstart and get early first team football, rather persisting with shite no fan wants.

He was certainly the best player on the park. It was notable that he was playing in the centre which is where I can see him playing in future. So more likely a challenger to Aribo and Hagi. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 11:00 AM, SkyBlueScot said:

Interesting article today on amount of time give to U21s in the first team:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-bottom-premiership-pile-under-21969151

Scottish football doesn't do too well compared to other leagues.

The teams in most other leagues play their own youth players rather than foreign journeymen.