F.A.O dons fans - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

F.A.O dons fans

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Loads of schools have police stations in them nowadays, but you’re right, Northfield was the first in Aberdeen to have a dedicated one, that was after I left though. 

The academy’s have all went downhill in Aberdeen recently, the effects of mild poverty, drug/alcohol abuse, funding cuts and kids/parents nowadays not really giving a fuck about their futures as they know they’ll get a state handout when they leave school anyway.

You’re right about the summerhill lodge, although unique isnt the word I would use, I assume the place fell silent the first time you walked into it? 🤣

That's the very pub, pool table in the middle next to the bar not a pub to be loud in if your a stranger,  I walked in had a couple if quiet pints n left  🤐=👍

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Loads of schools have police stations in them nowadays, but you’re right, Northfield was the first in Aberdeen to have a dedicated one, that was after I left though. 

The academy’s have all went downhill in Aberdeen recently, the effects of mild poverty, drug/alcohol abuse, funding cuts and kids/parents nowadays not really giving a fuck about their futures as they know they’ll get a state handout when they leave school anyway.

You’re right about the summerhill lodge, although unique isnt the word I would use, I assume the place fell silent the first time you walked into it? 🤣

my mates grandfather then father used to own "The Cabin"  in Northfield   - folk coming stealing in loafs of bread

You could contact the Nigg Bay Golf Club. They have entertained football coaches before. Parking no problem. Only 15 minutes to Pittodrie. Quieter venue than a city boozer - if you are only after a few pints and something to eat before the game. Decent view over the harbour too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 8:55 AM, loanhead-tartan said:

Up on the 7th for the hibs vs Aberdeen game and wondering the best boozers that would accommodate a bus load . Doesn’t have to be right close to pittodrie 

You got into murdos then?

A pal just messaged and said there’s a heap of Hibs there 🤣🤣

I was in the Hawthorn and there was half a dozen in there strangely, casuals like,no colours but a couple with face tatts and undoubtedly Hivs  fans, left at 14:30 to get to todders,someone told them the bus across the road would take them right there as, I left sainsburys with my malbec and ciabatta I saw them standing at the bus stop on great western roadI haven't taken a bus for years but I'm sure that's the wrong stop....

1 hour ago, davierobbsagod said:

I was in the Hawthorn and there was half a dozen in there strangely, casuals like,no colours but a couple with face tatts and undoubtedly Hivs  fans, left at 14:30 to get to todders,someone told them the bus across the road would take them right there as, I left sainsburys with my malbec and ciabatta I saw them standing at the bus stop on great western roadI haven't taken a bus for years but I'm sure that's the wrong stop....

I heard a few got a bit of a kicking outside the Pittodrie Bar after trying to the big men a bit too much 😉

2 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Aye the bar staff where brand new , same with the punters 

👍🏽

2 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Chair throwing and verbals I believe..

We all know how these stories get arms and legs. One person said there was mass violence on the streets, another said a window got smashed 🤣