F.A.O dons fans - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

F.A.O dons fans

I honestly have no idea where to recommend. Maybe best to try Stonehaven or something, with all due respect, a bus full of Hibs fans wont always be welcomed just turning up somewhere in the city centre and you’ll need somewhere decent to park the bus. 

Google pubs in Stonehaven, newtonhill or portlethen, they may have an area you can go into and it’s not far to Aberdeen from there. 

What size is the bus?

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I honestly have no idea where to recommend. Maybe best to try Stonehaven or something, with all due respect, a bus full of Hibs fans wont always be welcomed just turning up somewhere in the city centre and you’ll need somewhere decent to park the bus. 

Google pubs in Stonehaven, newtonhill or portlethen, they may have an area you can go into and it’s not far to Aberdeen from there. 

What size is the bus?

Had a scout and murdos bar looked perfect for parking. Last time we where up we went to a boozer just off union street and never had any bother but was murder for parking . Full sized coach 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

What size is the bus?

That’s McInnes’ job.

1 hour ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Had a scout and murdos bar looked perfect for parking. Last time we where up we went to a boozer just off union street and never had any bother but was murder for parking . Full sized coach 

yes Murdos is  ideal for you, perfect for parking , no need to phone ahead either will accommodate a coach load easily,Aldis across the car park if you need a wee cairry oot for the way home

39 minutes ago, davierobbsagod said:

yes Murdos is  ideal for you, perfect for parking , no need to phone ahead either will accommodate a coach load easily,Aldis across the car park if you need a wee cairry oot for the way home

A bus load of Hibs fans into murdos 🤣🤣

Thatll be eventful......

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We were in the Market Bar on way home the other week. Few pubs on that street. Easy to park bus nearby.

Also several haunts of ASC. I wouldn’t be going into there as a Hibs fan with colours, possibly wouldn’t let them in either. 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was 100 of us in there on two buses the other week with no issues.

Not many colours on display though.

Just read again, you said market bar, not market street, they probably were t at the game either, no one was 😬

That’s where @WCTA was having a dance off last year with his new pals. 

22 hours ago, davierobbsagod said:

Aye Murdos is pretty big 

wouldnt think too busy either typically ?

last time i was in there was when used to work at hyperbaric centre down the hill ; hoped theyve changed the 70s decor by now.... we also used to go for a lunch time pint to the exotic sounding Lord Byron

i enjoyed taking norwegian & english workmates to more rustic venues....the Atholl was typically default tho

8 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

Liquor Store next to Murdo's was only one i knew in Aberdeen that was behind steel bars, wehn serving customers ........

what about CheerZ Bar - won't find any football bother - also close to train station  

Haddows next to murdos, habitually held up by junkies, much like the bookies next to it. 

Cheerz don’t allow football colours, I got thrown out for having a red Fred Perry jacket on once as they assumed I was at the football that day 😂

On 2/19/2020 at 9:38 PM, davierobbsagod said:

not at all.....bus load of green and white scarfed bedecked fan what's not to love at the crossroads of northfield/mastrick/stockethill.ARI just doon the road as well.....

I worked on Northfield schoo refurbing the roof round about 2008/9 the 1st school I had ever worked on that had its own police officer what a fuckin dump, we stayed in the summerfiel hotel there's was a  pub down the stairs from our digs that was unique (ive worked all over britian) n the sheep think ur a tramp if u come from  Glasgow 

7 minutes ago, jcs said:

I worked on Northfield schoo refurbing the roof round about 2008/9 the 1st school I had ever worked on that had its own police officer what a fuckin dump, we stayed in the summerfiel hotel there's was a  pub down the stairs from our digs that was unique (ive worked all over britian) n the sheep think ur a tramp if u come from  Glasgow 

Loads of schools have police stations in them nowadays, but you’re right, Northfield was the first in Aberdeen to have a dedicated one, that was after I left though. 

The academy’s have all went downhill in Aberdeen recently, the effects of mild poverty, drug/alcohol abuse, funding cuts and kids/parents nowadays not really giving a fuck about their futures as they know they’ll get a state handout when they leave school anyway.

You’re right about the summerhill lodge, although unique isnt the word I would use, I assume the place fell silent the first time you walked into it? 🤣