Caroline Flack - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Caroline Flack

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Fuck off. I am posting an article from Psychology Today written by a Phd while you lot a throwing handfuls of your own shit at each other.

Relax ya muppet. Smile. Or you’ll be going back on that Thplinth rage scale. 😄

26 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Not saying it is correct but...

What is the acceptable minimum age for a dating partner? When this question comes up in conversation, someone inevitably cites the half your age plus seven rule. This rule states that by dividing your own age by two and then adding seven you can find the socially acceptable minimum age of anyone you want to date. So if you’re a 24-year-old, you can feel free to be with anyone who is at least 19 (12 + 7) but not someone who is 18.1 The (lesser-applied) other side of the rule defines a maximum age boundary: Take your age, subtract 7, and double it. So for a 24-year-old, the upper age limit would be 34 (17 * 2). With some quick math, the rule provides a minimum and maximum partner age based on your actual age that, if you choose to follow it, you can use to guide your dating decisions.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/meet-catch-and-keep/201405/who-is-too-young-or-too-old-you-date

So for her 31 / 2 + 7 = 22.5 years minimum age. 

So for him (17 - 7) x 2 = 20 years maximum age

(edit the minimum age for him is 15.5. I wonder if Styles was caught shagging a 15.5 year old as a 17 year old would it be seen as better or worse than him getting bonked by a 31 year old... ignoring the statutory rape technicality of course.)

So they are both well out the 'acceptable zone'.

wow. In that case my dating range is 35 to 98 😂

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Interestingly France and other countries have an 'age spread' dimension to their age of consent. So it has some worth I think.

v3hg8pwafjk31.jpg

Sounds like a much more sensible approach. I assume the "less than three year age difference" bit stops when both people are over 18. 

This place is mental :lol:

My take -

• Always incredibly sad when somebody doesn't see any other option than suicide.
  • There is double standards when it comes to dealing with bad behaviour by celebs.
  • I've never watched Love Island, but it appears to be toxic.
  • The CPS were doing the right thing in pursuing the allegations of DV.
  • Who gives a fuck what age two consenting adults are when they get it on.  

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Sounds like a much more sensible approach. I assume the "less than three year age difference" bit stops when both people are over 18. 

That was my reading of it. 

Which means by French standards Miss Flack was a paedophile. I would say that demonstrates that this is not just about people being prudes in this particular case. It is very borderline. Barely legal...

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

That was my reading of it. 

Which means by French standards Miss Flack was a paedophile. I would say that demonstrates that this is not just about people being prudes in this particular case. It is very borderline. Barely legal...

Fuck me, she wasn't in France.

In the case of most countries in the world, she was perfectly legal to be in a relationship and not a paedophile.

She was in the UK at the time, therefore legal. The law is there for a reason. Not for folk to ignore and give us their "moral age of consent" nonsense.

At the end of the day, in the eyes of the law she'd done nothing wrong. Whether folk like or not means fuck all. If the two consenting people want to be in a relationship, then nobody else's opinion matters.  

29 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Fuck me, she wasn't in France.

In the case of most countries in the world, she was perfectly legal to be in a relationship and not a paedophile.

She was in the UK at the time, therefore legal. The law is there for a reason. Not for folk to ignore and give us their "moral age of consent" nonsense.

At the end of the day, in the eyes of the law she'd done nothing wrong. Whether folk like or not means fuck all. If the two consenting people want to be in a relationship, then nobody else's opinion matters.  

Fuck me, I never said she was. I said by French standards. i.e. in a Frenchman's eyes she is engaging in paedophile activities. Now I believe the Frenchies don't exactly have a reputation for being prudes sexually speaking so if they are calling you a beast I'd maybe stop and consider my actions here...

But now you mention it they could easily have been at it outside of the UK being jet set celebs types. Dirty weekend in Paris... not inconceivable.

34 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

When I was 20 I went out with a 32 year old woman for a couple of years.  That doesn't really add much to the context of this thread but it was fucking magic.

I was forever shagging aulder women. In-fact, I can’t remember ever being with a lassie much younger than me at all. The responsibility is 100% with someone in their 30s thinking it’s cool as fuck to shag a teenager who probably hasn’t even started shaving. That shit is schemie nonsense. Filthy bastards who wouldnae look out of place in Perth’s Muirton, Kilmarnock’s Onthank or Stirling’s Raploch. 

7 hours ago, WCTA said:

Hot looking celeb lassie who could’ve shagged any cunt she wanted, absolutely the pick of any cunt and she decides a 17 year auld is fair gemme. That’s slimey behaviour. 

Absolutely fair play tae Styles though. Shagging an aulder thing when you’re young should always be the goal. The problem is that the supposed adult should have the decency to say no. 

As I alluded to earlier, yes he was 17, but he was no normal 17 year old boy. He was the lead singer of what was fast becoming the biggest boy band in the world (at that particular time)

No one actually knows if they did share some spunk, or if it was a massive PR stunt to grow both their careers. 

Im going for the latter, which wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. 

Just now, robbo cop said:

and now you are boasting about how many older women you shagged, make up your fucking mind.

You are so fucking thick that you miss every single point that is made. It’s not even the same thing as I was on about you fucking moron.