Caroline Flack - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Caroline Flack

This thread... lol.

This was about (initially at least for me) a perceived double standard men versus women. If it was guy who was battering his girlfriend and shagging 17 year olds on his show as a 31 year old the media reaction would have been vastly different. And it would have been.

On 2/15/2020 at 7:55 PM, kumnio said:

Up in court on an assault charge soon, didnt want to face her fate.

Probably had her troubles, but seriously, if a man beat up his girlfriend and was facing sentencing, then I doubt the media luvvies would give a flying fuck.

Saying as a 17 year old you (SH) would have shagged an older woman is not really valid as you would have said the same as a 16, 15, 14, year old boy. You would have shoved it anywhere at that age. So I would say the responsibility is on the adult to not take advantage.

Sure 17 is legal but the points above about not yet being an adult are correct (IMO). It is his age versus hers but in particular because he was so young. If he had been 20 and she was 34 I doubt it would have raised so many eyebrows. If he was 30 and she was 44 or whatever I guarantee no one would have given a feck. I mean look at the President of France. It is not the age gap per se... 

Anyhoo back to gladiator school.

Edited by thplinth

11 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I've always said that about loads of folk on here.

I was an absolute bampot at 17. Upto all sorts. Trying to shag everything. The responsibilty doesn’t lie with the younger head though. It lies with the grown adult who should know better. Imagine being 32 years old and deciding you want to screw a 17 year old. 😒

9 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I've always said that about loads of folk on here.

When you see the behaviour on some of the away trips, it's not a surprise.

It's as if mummy and daddy never gave them any freedom as a kid and now they are the overgrown man children that are finally getting to go on holiday with their mates!

You know the guys at school that weren't allowed to the pub until they were 18 then went daft on the bevy. 

7 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I was an absolute bampot at 17. Upto all sorts. Trying to shag everything. The responsibilty doesn’t lie with the younger head though. It lies with the grown adult who should know better. Imagine being 32 years old and deciding you want to screw a 17 year old. 😒

You wouldn't have got me off a 17 year old Britney Spears for my Christmas dinner.

5 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Up to what age IYO would you say it's acceptable to shag a 17 year old? Let's keep it simple and stick to heterosexual sex. Two scenarios

1. Woman/girl shagging a 17 year old boy.
  2. Man/boy shagging a 17 year old girl.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's as if mummy and daddy never gave them any freedom as a kid and now they are the overgrown man children that are finally getting to go on holiday with their mates!

You know the guys at school that weren't allowed to the pub until they were 18 then went daft on the bevy. 

If you knew me you’d know for sure that isnae me in the slightest. I cannae stick those wee plebs fae privileged backgrounds. 

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Up to what age IYO would you say it's acceptable to shag a 17 year old? Let's keep it simple and stick to heterosexual sex. Two scenarios

Disnae matter who is which sex. Someone in their 30s deciding they want to get their greasy mitts on a 17 year auld is mauchit behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

When TAMB decides it seems.

Fuck the law, why pay attention to that when the prudes on TAMB know best!

Being appalled at a slimeball in their 30s not just thinking about it but going ahead and doing it with a 17 year old hardly makes me a prude. Any cunt who knows me would pish themselves laughing if me of all cunts was labelled a prude. 

11 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Disnae matter who is which sex. Someone in their 30s deciding they want to get their greasy mitts on a 17 year auld is mauchit behaviour. 

That's fair enough but, unless you think 17 year olds shouldn't be having sex at all, then is there an age up to which you think it is acceptable? I'll take a guess that you might think 25 is still too old? How about 20? 19?

Edited by Orraloon

Not saying it is correct but...

What is the acceptable minimum age for a dating partner? When this question comes up in conversation, someone inevitably cites the half your age plus seven rule. This rule states that by dividing your own age by two and then adding seven you can find the socially acceptable minimum age of anyone you want to date. So if you’re a 24-year-old, you can feel free to be with anyone who is at least 19 (12 + 7) but not someone who is 18.1 The (lesser-applied) other side of the rule defines a maximum age boundary: Take your age, subtract 7, and double it. So for a 24-year-old, the upper age limit would be 34 (17 * 2). With some quick math, the rule provides a minimum and maximum partner age based on your actual age that, if you choose to follow it, you can use to guide your dating decisions.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/meet-catch-and-keep/201405/who-is-too-young-or-too-old-you-date

So for her 31 / 2 + 7 = 22.5 years minimum age. 

So for him (17 - 7) x 2 = 20 years maximum age

(edit the minimum age for him is 15.5. I wonder if Styles was caught shagging a 15.5 year old as a 17 year old would it be seen as better or worse than him getting bonked by a 31 year old... ignoring the statutory rape technicality of course.)

So they are both well out the 'acceptable zone'.

Edited by thplinth

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

That's fair enough but, unless you think 17 year olds shouldn't be having sex at all, then is there an age up to which you think it is acceptable? I'll take a guess that you might think 25 is still too old? How about 20? 19?

Hot looking celeb lassie who could’ve shagged any cunt she wanted, absolutely the pick of any cunt and she decides a 17 year auld is fair gemme. That’s slimey behaviour. 

Absolutely fair play tae Styles though. Shagging an aulder thing when you’re young should always be the goal. The problem is that the supposed adult should have the decency to say no. 

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There's one guy that sticks out in my mind when you say that, won't name him but got a really cracking job and loads of money,  but goes abroad and acts like a teenage boy from the scheme (or more like how he imagines a teenage boy from the scheme acts). Telling barmaids to show him their tits, flashing his arse etc. Just generally being a prick. 

And believe it or not, I'm not even talking about WCTA 

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

What is the acceptable minimum age for a dating partner? When this question comes up in conversation, someone inevitably cites the half your age plus seven rule. This rule states that by dividing your own age by two and then adding seven you can find the socially acceptable minimum age of anyone you want to date. So if you’re a 24-year-old, you can feel free to be with anyone who is at least 19 (12 + 7) but not someone who is 18.1 The (lesser-applied) other side of the rule defines a maximum age boundary: Take your age, subtract 7, and double it. So for a 24-year-old, the upper age limit would be 34 (17 * 2). With some quick math, the rule provides a minimum and maximum partner age based on your actual age that, if you choose to follow it, you can use to guide your dating decisions.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/meet-catch-and-keep/201405/who-is-too-young-or-too-old-you-date

So for him (17 - 7) x 2 = 20

Don't think many 17 year olds would be able to do that calculation in their heads. 

"do you fancy a shag?"

"Haud on till I get my calculator"

:lol:

3 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Hot looking celeb lassie who could’ve shagged any cunt she wanted, absolutely the pick of any cunt and she decides a 17 year auld is fair gemme. That’s slimey behaviour. 

Absolutely fair play tae Styles though. Shagging an aulder thing when you’re young should always be the goal. The problem is that the supposed adult should have the decency to say no. 

I'm starting to sense a rejection complex dating from way back in the days of your youth?

4 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

There's one guy that sticks out in my mind when you say that, won't name him but got a really cracking job and loads of money,  but goes abroad and acts like a teenage boy from the scheme (or more like how he imagines a teenage boy from the scheme acts). Telling barmaids to show him their tits, flashing his arse etc. Just generally being a prick. 

And believe it or not, I'm not even talking about WCTA 

Ramping up my teuchterness for you next month ya prick. 😂

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Don't think many 17 year olds would be able to do that calculation in their heads. 

"do you fancy a shag?"

Ehhh you were asking...

28 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's fair enough but, unless you think 17 year olds shouldn't be having sex at all, then is there an age up to which you think it is acceptable? I'll take a guess that might think 25 is still too old? How about 20? 19?

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So for him (17 - 7) x 2 = 20 years maximum age

(edit the minimum age for him is 15.5. I wonder if Styles was caught shagging a 15.5 year old as a 17 year old would it be seen as better or worse than him getting bonked by a 31 year old... ignoring the statutory rape technicality of course.)

So they are both well out the 'acceptable zone'.

hahahaha, this place is nuts.

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

"do you fancy a shag?"

That’s why I got a graphics calculator at 17

Kept the girls away that thing 

31 years old girl x 0 girls / 17 = 0 sex 

Edited by ParisInAKilt