Caroline Flack - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Caroline Flack

23 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Don’t have an issue either with a 17 year old and a 31 year old having sex, as a general rule. Think most 17 year olds can make an informed decision. 

Agreed.

Can vote, get married, own a house, have sex, legally have kids, work full time, the list is endless.

Just don't get into a relationship with somebody who's 31 even If you want to!

2 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Look, I honestly couldn’t care how many times folk insult me. It doesn’t put me up nor down. I’m merely saying that you cannot whine about insults if you are throwing them out yourself. On two separate posts on this thread you have done exactly that. Take a read back? Don’t make anymore of a cunt of yourself. 😂🙈

You said I thought it was cool what Styles did which was a lie. You then tried to make me look like a cunt as you had or have no evidence of this. Now why don't you grow up. I think it is very sad that she took her own life but people like you just want to go on about what what is morally right or wrong. Have some respect.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The cunt was old enough to get married.

"Sorry pal, you can't get married today, your bride is too old".

Bonkers.

Which is cool if he’s marrying a lassie in the same region. There’s a difference between someone in their 30s appreciating that a 17 can be attractive but to want to then shag them is as morally wrong as fuck. 

Just now, robbo cop said:

You said I thought it was cool what Styles did which was a lie. You then tried to make me look like a cunt as you had or have no evidence of this. Now why don't you grow up. I think it is very sad that she took her own life but people like you just want to go on about what what is morally right or wrong. Have some respect.

You made yourself look like a total fucknugget by greeting about insults. 
If you want to show respect to a kiddie fiddling cow who also enjoyed battering their partners then you go ahead. Spare me from the Princess Diana style grief bollocks.

2 minutes ago, WCTA said:

You made yourself look like a total fucknugget by greeting about insults. 
If you want to show respect to a kiddie fiddling cow who also enjoyed battering their partners then you go ahead. Spare me from the Princess Diana style grief bollocks.

Now there you go making up lies again. As for greeting about insults, reading what you post has been a great laugh. I have my opinion and you have your opinion. You should have left it at that 

1 minute ago, robbo cop said:

Now there you go making up lies again. As for greeting about insults, reading what you post has been a great laugh. I have my opinion and you have your opinion. You should have left it at that 

Have a great day. 😊👍

8 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Which is cool if he’s marrying a lassie in the same region. There’s a difference between someone in their 30s appreciating that a 17 can be attractive but to want to then shag them is as morally wrong as fuck. 

I get that, I’m in my 30’s and wouldn’t have sex with a 17 year old. 

against my expectation i have to say im against what i'd usually call decent posters' opinion here.

A 31 year old going with a 17 year old, although legal, is at the limits of what most would frown upon.

I think if you're talking over 35 it's getting into creepy category.  

They also can't have a shandy or get in a nightclub so we don't even class them as full adults yet and I don't see any clamour to change that.  I think the brain does a lot of developing between 17 and 20.  It's not clearcut.  

3 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

against my expectation i have to say im against what i'd usually call decent posters' opinion here.

A 31 year old going with a 17 year old, although legal, is at the limits of what most would frown upon.

They also can't have a shandy or get in a nightclub so we don't even class them as full adults yet and I don't see any clamour to change that.  I think the brain does a lot of developing between 17 and 20.  It's not clearcut.  

Think it’s up to 25 for brain development. 

A 31 year old with having a sexual relationship with a 17 year old no problem whatsoever whatsoever with that.   A 42 year old texting a 16 year old on the other hand is a sexual predator.

Context and the nature of the relationship - not whether its sexual - between the two of course is everything.

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

A 31 year old with having a sexual relationship with a 17 year old no problem whatsoever whatsoever with that.   A 42 year old texting a 16 year old on the other hand is a sexual predator.

Context and the nature of the relationship - not whether its sexual - between the two of course is everything.

This 

I wonder how the folk who have no problem with it would feel if their (hypothetical) 17 year old daughter/son brought home their new 31 year old boyfriend/girlfriend. It might be legal but it feels off. Anyway I do think the reactions are different if this was an older guy trying to shag a 17 year old on their tv show or whatever it was... Bit of the Harvey Weinsteins about it. Interesting that blokes (judging from on here) seem surprisingly ok with this and it was women who were digging her up about it. 

30 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

So because some folk frown upon it then folk should be chastised for it?

Folk might disagree with it, doesn't mean they are right. I know somebody who's been with their wife since she was 29 and he was 17. They've been married almost 15 years now.

Will I let them know that TAMB disapprove?

As you say it's not clear but folk seem to have made their mind up on Styles/Flack!

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

So because some folk frown upon it then folk should be chastised for it?

Folk might disagree with it, doesn't mean they are right. I know somebody who's been with their wife since she was 29 and he was 17. They've been married almost 15 years now.

Will I let them know that TAMB disapprove?

As you say it's not clear but folk seem to have made their mind up on Styles/Flack!

being blunt about it yeah, in my opinion,  there is a legitimate societal unease about a 29 year old  going out with a 17 year old.  Should we legislate against it? no.

there's a difference when you're mentally matured.  I don't believe it's at 17.  I think you've got a responsibility when you're older to think about someone who is immature.  You can get married at 16, that's legal as well.  Some would be saying bonkers out loud but most would be thinking it.

I'm not in faovur of the gender debate around this and think the Flack story is tragic.  Only commented because I thought it was weird so many thought 17 to 31 was unremarkable.

13 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

being blunt about it yeah, in my opinion,  there is a legitimate societal unease about a 29 year old  going out with a 17 year old.  Should we legislate against it? no.

Fair enough, I don't see the big issue.

Especially in the example I gave where it's lasted long term. A lot longer than marriages of some folk I know who are the same ages!!

It shouldn't make a difference but I think relationships in ‘celebrity world’ are often viewed different to the ‘real world’.

I probably would be a little concerned if my 17 yr old son or daughter introduced me to their 31 yr partner  but I think there  is more of an acceptance of a wide age gap between 2 celebrities. 

Harry Styles was part of One Direction who attracted  a massive amount of publicity .If he managed to cope with touring, Simon Cowell , and all pressure of the X factor circus then I doubt a romp with Caroline Flack was of much concern to him.