Caroline Flack - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Caroline Flack

She lost her job, got slated all over social media and got ripped a new arsehole from the press for “allegdely” beating up her man. 

Ant McPartlin nearly killed someone when driving a car through drink/drugs, avoid any kind of sentencing, gets a year off paid, a bumper new contract and adoration from the same press and social media for being a hero. 

Ive no idea who she is, never seen a programme she’s presented, but it’s fucking disgusting. 

ITV high ranking officials should be hung for the treatment she’s received. 

Edit: if she was found guilty, I’m not condoning it whatsoever. 

Edited by dandydunn

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

She lost her job, got slated all over social media and got ripped a new arsehole from the press for “allegdely” beating up her man. 

Ant McPartlin nearly killed someone when driving a car through drink/drugs, avoid any kind of sentencing, gets a year off paid, a bumper new contract and adoration from the same press and social media for being a hero. 

Ive no idea who she is, never seen a programme she’s presented, but it’s fucking disgusting. 

ITV high ranking officials should be hung for the treatment she’s received. 

Edit: if she was found guilty, I’m not condoning it whatsoever. 

'Its fucking disgusting'.... wow. 

Ehh what is exactly? You confess you have no idea who she is but 'it is fucking disgusting'?! So what is? That a man accuses a woman of domestic abuse?

WTF has Ant go to do with any of it BTW.

Just now, thplinth said:

'Its fucking disgusting'.... wow. 

Ehh what is exactly? You confess you have no idea who she is but 'it is fucking disgusting'?! So what is? That a man accuses a woman of domestic abuse?

WTF has Ant go to do with any of it BTW.

I have no idea who she is, but I have read the media.

What’s disgusting is he got treated like a brave hero, where as she has been hung out to dry by the exact same company for an “alleged” assault. 

He should be doing jail time for what he did, but everyone felt sorry for him instead. 

IF she was to be convicted, she should’ve felt the full force of the law, but she wasn’t, yet all these media outlets and her employers treated her like she was. 

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I have no idea who she is, but I have read the media.

What’s disgusting is he got treated like a brave hero, where as she has been hung out to dry by the exact same company for an “alleged” assault. 

He should be doing jail time for what he did, but everyone felt sorry for him instead. 

IF she was to be convicted, she should’ve felt the full force of the law, but she wasn’t, yet all these media outlets and her employers treated her like she was. 

Like you I have no idea who she was but i read her wiki page before you posted. 

Arrest and abuse allegations

On 13 December 2019, Flack was charged with common assault on an initially unnamed man who had made a report to police.[29] Flack's ex-fiancé Andrew Brady tweeted that he was "not surprised". Flack's spokesperson responded to the Daily Mail exposing his non-disclosure agreement and said, "Any suggestion Mr Brady has made that our client is in any way abusive would be false and defamatory."[30]

Court proceedings later showed that the unnamed individual was former tennis player Lewis Burton, with whom Flack had been in a relationship with since early 2019.[31] Flack denied the charges, but the prosecution asserted that Flack hit Burton over the head with a lamp while he slept, and proceeded to smash up household property.[31]

Burton was in fact the one who dialed 999 and claimed Flack "tried to kill me". Burton, however, insisted that he was not a victim, instead describing himself as a witness. He had hoped to continue the relationship.[31] On 14 February 2020, Burton sent her a Valentine's Day message with the words ‘I love you’.[32]

I have no idea what you are talking above about but she sounds like a total nutter and your Burton boy victim above sounds like your classic battered wife. Thank you darling can I have another.

13 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Like you I have no idea who she was but i read her wiki page before you posted. 

I have no idea what you are talking above about but she sounds like a total nutter and your Burton boy victim above sounds like your classic battered wife. Thank you darling can I have another.

Nice choice of words. 

How many men will have to be attacked before you believe them? #believeme

I would guess she had a track record of violence (battering someone sleeping on the head with a lamp is mental shit).

Again how is she the victim here? If the genders were reversed...

Edited by thplinth

Just now, thplinth said:

How many men will have to be attacked before you believe them? #believeme

I would guess she had a track record of violence (battering someone sleeping on the head with a lamp is mental shit).

Again how is she the victim here? If the genders were reversed...

No one has said she isn’t guilty. She was proven guilty by media before a trial had taken place. 

Others that should be in jail have been given help and a life line by the same employers. 

She’s a victim of media interference, if she was found guilty of assault, she would not be the victim of anything but her own stupidity. 

I guess now we’ll never know. 

I do understand why people would compare this to a man being in the same position, and it is a valid point that is  not given enough recognition,  but whether or not her actions were in response to guilt or pressure from the media  it is a bloody sad day when someone kills themselves. 

I agree with DD that certain ‘ celebrities’  are untouchable, just because you are a popular  gal/guy shouldn't make your mistakes more palatable. 

Being in the public eye the bad comes with the good and you need to deal with it. However,  as usual , the media will get off scott free , her boyfriend/s will no doubt sell their stories to the people who hounded her , and her death will be forgotten before the next series of Love Island. 

Jeremy Clarkson is another arsehole who has stepped out of line many times but still gets work from ITV, did he not smack a guy because he could not get a steak one evening, along with endless insults on Top Gear.

The poor girl was hung out to dry, two sides to every story.

Just for the record. Suicide is mostly a man thing. No one mourns them. Male privilege.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/suicidesintheunitedkingdom/2018registrations

1.Main points

• In 2018, there were 6,507 suicides registered in the UK, an age-standardised rate of 11.2 deaths per 100,000 population; the latest rate is significantly higher than that in 2017 and represents the first increase since 2013.

• Three-quarters of registered deaths in 2018 were among men (4,903 deaths), which has been the case since the mid-1990s.

• The UK male suicide rate of 17.2 deaths per 100,000 represents a significant increase from the rate in 2017; for females, the UK rate was 5.4 deaths per 100,000, consistent with the rates over the past 10 years.

• Scotland had the highest suicide rate in GB with 16.1 deaths per 100,000 persons (784 deaths), followed by Wales with a rate of 12.8 per 100,000 (349 deaths) and England the lowest with 10.3 deaths per 100,000 (5,021 deaths); figures for Northern Ireland will be published later this year by the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency.

• Males aged 45 to 49 years had the highest age-specific suicide rate (27.1 deaths per 100,000 males); for females, the age group with the highest rate was also 45 to 49 years, at 9.2 deaths per 100,000.

Edited by thplinth

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Never heard of her. Maybe my life isn’t as pathetic as I thought it was 🤗

Watched Richard Jewell there, trial by media very much a thing. 

You've never heard of her, despite her being mid thirties and shagging a 'bairn' that was on a show she presented?

On 2/16/2020 at 9:04 AM, kumnio said:

You've never heard of her, despite her being mid thirties and shagging a 'bairn' that was on a show she presented?

I too had no idea who she was until I read several folk posting faux grief statements about how devastating the news was. Googled her and had not a clue. Nothing to see here so move along.