Gdansk, Poland - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gdansk, Poland

Clyde1998

On 2/15/2020 at 5:36 PM, Clyde1998 said:

I'm heading off to Gdansk in a few weeks for four days.

Has anyone got any suggestions of things to do in the city?

There should be a thread in this section a few pages down from when I went. I wasn't overly impressed but Sopot is interesting, the pirate boat is a giggle and if there's a game on the footie is worth a visit. 👍

8 hours ago, slasher said:

There should be a thread in this section a few pages down from when I went. I wasn't overly impressed but Sopot is interesting, the pirate boat is a giggle and if there's a game on the footie is worth a visit. 👍

really I thought it was a great spot . as you say there was a thread on it before

On 2/18/2020 at 12:07 PM, slasher said:

Thanks. I'll have a dig for that old thread.

There is a game on when I'm there, so I'll head to that. Lechia are playing Piast Gliwice, who have Tom Hateley playing for them - who came through the Reading academy. I live about 10 miles outside Reading and have a season ticket there.

I'll look into the pirate boat, seems it goes in the direction of Westerplatte which is something I do want to go to.

I've had a few people suggest Sopot, so I'll make sure to have a look around there. 👍

On 2/18/2020 at 8:35 PM, Newryrep said:

really I thought it was a great spot . as you say there was a thread on it before

It might depend on what people are looking for/to do in a city. My sister didn't think much of Barcelona, but others have said it's a great city.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:34 AM, Clyde1998 said:

Thanks. I'll have a dig for that old thread.

There is a game on when I'm there, so I'll head to that. Lechia are playing Piast Gliwice, who have Tom Hateley playing for them - who came through the Reading academy. I live about 10 miles outside Reading and have a season ticket there.

I'll look into the pirate boat, seems it goes in the direction of Westerplatte which is something I do want to go to.

I've had a few people suggest Sopot, so I'll make sure to have a look around there. 👍

It might depend on what people are looking for/to do in a city. My sister didn't think much of Barcelona, but others have said it's a great city.

Is that Lechia game the Cup quarter Final? Lechia Gdańsk are the wee man’s Polish team and we were at the final last year in Warsaw where they won with a goal 7 minutes into injury time! If they get past Gliwice they’ve a good chance of the final again, which is played on May 2nd every year 👍🏼

Gdansk is a cool wee city, in fact the three cities there (tricity as the Poles call them) - Gdańsk, Gdynia and Sopot are all good however Sopot is the best in my opinion. It’s not a touristy as Gdańsk and has one of the longest beaches in Europe as well as the longest wooden pier in Europe. We spent 8 days in Sopot in 2015 as we travelled through Poland as part of our wedding celebrations. 

As said above, there was a thread here not that long ago covering most of what has been said here 👍🏼

Edited by McTeeko

• 3 months later...