The Scottish Football League & Pyramid Structure - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Scottish Football League & Pyramid Structure

Was keeping an eye on the score,can't see Bonnyrigg overtaking them now.That was a massive win for Kelty.Decent crowd.

I had intended on going to Perth for the Bluebell game against Jeanfield but that fell to the weather again,lot of surface water on the pitch.Bluebell just signed young Jack Smith from Raith til the end of the season.

I read that it will be as you were next season with the EOSFL Premier and the 2 conference leagues but will be changing the season after that,no idea what the plans are though.

On 3/1/2020 at 12:19 AM, Wullie Anderson said:

Was keeping an eye on the score,can't see Bonnyrigg overtaking them now.That was a massive win for Kelty.Decent crowd.

I had intended on going to Perth for the Bluebell game against Jeanfield but that fell to the weather again,lot of surface water on the pitch.Bluebell just signed young Jack Smith from Raith til the end of the season.

I read that it will be as you were next season with the EOSFL Premier and the 2 conference leagues but will be changing the season after that,no idea what the plans are though.

Kelty still have a couple of difficult games home and away v BSC in the remaining fixtures so Bonnyrigg still have a shout. BSC at Kelty on 1Oth March, a win there means Kelty can go to Bonnyrigg on 28th and a draw would suit.

On 3/3/2020 at 5:29 PM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Kelty still have a couple of difficult games home and away v BSC in the remaining fixtures so Bonnyrigg still have a shout. BSC at Kelty on 1Oth March, a win there means Kelty can go to Bonnyrigg on 28th and a draw would suit.

Berwick will offer a sterner test on the last game of the season. Hugely improved side over last few weeks. Could see a draw happening.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Berwick will offer a sterner test on the last game of the season. Hugely improved side over last few weeks. Could see a draw happening.

I’m all for sterner tests, especially as Berwick are at Bonnyrigg two weeks today. A result there the weekend before Kelty go to Bonnyrigg would be ideal.

Total of 51 clubs in the west now expressed interest in WoSFL. Sounds like the end of the Junior game if even half of those sides move.

2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I’m all for sterner tests, especially as Berwick are at Bonnyrigg two weeks today. A result there the weekend before Kelty go to Bonnyrigg would be ideal.

Total of 51 clubs in the west now expressed interest in WoSFL. Sounds like the end of the Junior game if even half of those sides move.

I see Kelty lost in cup last night to BSC. 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

I see Kelty lost in cup last night to BSC. 

Yep, 6-5 on pens after 1-1 draw. I noticed the back-up goalie was playing and Austin, Cennerazzo and Reid not named in the squad. Assume all were injured. 

BSC at Kelty on Tuesday night in the league, another big game. They are a very hard side to get the better of.

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Yep, 6-5 on pens after 1-1 draw. I noticed the back-up goalie was playing and Austin, Cennerazzo and Reid not named in the squad. Assume all were injured. 

BSC at Kelty on Tuesday night in the league, another big game. They are a very hard side to get the better of.

Was working at Macmerry on Wednesday night and managed to see the second half of the Bonnyrigg - Dundonald game.1-1 at half time then Bluebell scored 10mins into second half.From about the hour mark the Rose had the majority of the ball but never got a shot on target until 2 minutes to go.Lenny made a great save only for the ball to end up at the feet of another forward for a tap in to equalise.Never saw the extra time and it finished 4-2 to Bonnyrigg.

Decent effort from Dundonald and so close to causing an upset.

13 hours ago, macy37 said:

Rose drop vital points today. It’s Kelly’s now. They’ve a great chance of beating Brechin as they are mince. Nearly as poor as Berwick last season. 

Last two weekends definitely swung it in Kelty’s favour and a win Tuesday night over BSC would also be a huge step towards the title.

I think Brora Rangers would be a very hard game, they have pissed the Highland League this season, won 24 from 26. 

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Last two weekends definitely swung it in Kelty’s favour and a win Tuesday night over BSC would also be a huge step towards the title.

I think Brora Rangers would be a very hard game, they have pissed the Highland League this season, won 24 from 26. 

Personally I’d say Kelty are stronger. The Highland League isn’t the standard it once was.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, macy37 said:

Rose drop vital points today. It’s Kelly’s now. They’ve a great chance of beating Brechin as they are mince. Nearly as poor as Berwick last season. 

A 96th minute equalising 2-2 at home to BSC last night puts it back in the mix.

BSC the best side I have seen at Kelty this season and that includes Auchinlek. The ref had a.....memorable.....game. Gave BSC a second half pen which was a terrible decision, ball won cleanly. Then gave Kelty a penalty and subsequently changed his mind and gave an indirect free kick in the box instead. The late equaliser subsequently saw the ref send off the BSC manager. Gave cards that weren't and didn't give cards he should have. Certainly a touch of the Collums about him in the way he rushed to give decisions.

10 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

A 96th minute equalising 2-2 at home to BSC last night puts it back in the mix.

BSC the best side I have seen at Kelty this season and that includes Auchinlek. The ref had a.....memorable.....game. Gave BSC a second half pen which was a terrible decision, ball won cleanly. Then gave Kelty a penalty and subsequently changed his mind and gave an indirect free kick in the box instead. The late equaliser subsequently saw the ref send off the BSC manager. Gave cards that weren't and didn't give cards he should have. Certainly a touch of the Collums about him in the way he rushed to give decisions.

Kelty hit bar 3 times in a minute too? Sounded like a fantastic game. 

For their budget Kelty should be way ahead. I still feel they’ll win it and get to the play off final.

22 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Kelty hit bar 3 times in a minute too? Sounded like a fantastic game. 

For their budget Kelty should be way ahead. I still feel they’ll win it and get to the play off final.

The ball hitting the bar 3 times was the whole stramash which led to the penalty and then non-penalty to indirect free kick. Highlights will be online later today so I will have to give that one another look.

Kelty are probably performing as per their budget IMO. One (unexpected) defeat all season early on at Cumbernauld, one home draw after being 2-0 up v a pretty decent E Stirling side and last nights lucky draw. A +78 goal difference shows they gub the teams they should be gubbing, and heavily at times. 68 points from 75 is good going. Bar the Cumbernauld loss everything else is pretty much as it should be given players available.

I think there has to be huge credit given to Bonnyrigg to staying in touching distance. Came up from EOSFL and first season in LL. While they were classed as a good side when coming up, having won 22 from 24 in the EOS the previous season, I don't think anyone expected them to perform so well and so consistently in the supposedly stronger league. 20 wins from 24 and only 2 defeats shows they are equally as strong in this league. They have pulled a few late winners in crucial games but thats the mark of a pretty strong and confident side.

I think Kelty will get away from Bonnyrigg with at least a draw, which should be enough to seal it. I didn't see a great deal from Bonnyrigg at Kelty at end of Feb, bar a wind assisted second half, to say they will be strong favs on their own ground. Which is probably just as well given Kelty still have to travel to BSC too.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

West of Scotland League seems to have taken all the Juniors from WRSJFA.

Well laid out statement. League is run well at this level IMO. Potentially 67 teams coming under WOSL. 

http://slfl.co.uk/pyramid-update-67-applications-approved/

Have you heard how many teams have applied to join the EOSFL?
No news yet on what they are doing with regards to the season ending.

1 hour ago, Wullie Anderson said:

Have you heard how many teams have applied to join the EOSFL?
No news yet on what they are doing with regards to the season ending.

Wullie,

Lowland League have declared the season over and awarded Kelty the title.Not sure if there is any chance of promotion, think that requires a lot of agreements between a lot of leagues if they were to put Kelty and Brora into Division 2.

No relegation from LL confirmed. EOSL have a (virtual) meeting tomorrow to decide what happens with leagues.

2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Wullie,

Lowland League have declared the season over and awarded Kelty the title.Not sure if there is any chance of promotion, think that requires a lot of agreements between a lot of leagues if they were to put Kelty and Brora into Division 2.

No relegation from LL confirmed. EOSL have a (virtual) meeting tomorrow to decide what happens with leagues.

Cheers for that.

On 4/15/2020 at 7:01 AM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Wullie,

Been told season is finished and Bo'ness will go up if Kelty go up.

No relegation and Tynecastle and Leith promoted so 18 team top league in EOSFL when next season can start.

If Bo'ness do go up Inverkeithing will be promoted as well.