Hearts 2005 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hearts 2005

I was reading an article today on where are the players now. That was some team assembled. I genuinely think they could have pushed for the title that season. Players like Hartley, Skacel, Gordon, Fyssas, etc were cracking. 
Who else thinks they could have done it if Romanov never punted Burley? 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Was that when they won 9 outta 9 or something like that and then sacked him? 😂

I think it was 8 in a row. But if you look at the team you see the players they had in every position. So many could’ve played for today’s Celtic side I think. Some did. 

47 minutes ago, WCTA said:

What was the first game that they lost then? Because that article states that they then beat Dunfermline after he was sacked? How long did they stay top of the table?

Not sure how long they stayed top, but Soccerbase has their first League defeat as being at Easter Road on 29th October.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

If memory serves, they absolutely lost it at Christmas from 2-0 up v Celtic and Steven McManus scoring twice in injury time for a 3-2 win.

Hearts collapsed after that.

New year's day 2006. Stephen Pearson came on at half time and changed the game completely. 

7 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

If memory serves, they absolutely lost it at Christmas from 2-0 up v Celtic and Steven McManus scoring twice in injury time for a 3-2 win.

Hearts collapsed after that.

That's right I remember that game now.

Celtic ended up winning the league before the split.