Scottish Cup.... - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup....

40 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Three weeks ago id be expecting killie to knock us out but i think the tie is now in the balance. The dona look much better than they did prior to the hamilton match

Indeed, our best chance to win this tie might have been at pittodrie! 

Regardless, I reckon we are in for a great game - both teams are going to be bang up for it and playing like their season depends on it...because well their seasons might depend on it!

Just now, Morrisandmoo said:

Indeed, our best chance to win this tie might have been at pittodrie! 

Regardless, I reckon we are in for a great game - both teams are going to be bang up for it and playing like their season depends on it...because well their seasons might depend on it!

Its 50/50 for me. I think we have the slightly better team this season but everyone is still on edge from the bad run of form. 

I assume its not on the telebox because of the CL garbage?

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I assume its not on the telebox because of the CL garbage?

Correct, hopefully be a decent crowd. Can't see it being the 9,000 that was at the replay the other season though. Still think we were at it with that crowd. No chance you could have fitted in another 9,000 in that night.

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Still think we were at it with that crowd. No chance you could have fitted in another 9,000 in that night.

Rugby Park is a bit deceptive though because the seats are so cramped.

I remember seeing a photo of the East Stand when it was full for the replay v Ayr in 2009. My god everyone was packed in like sardines!

49 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Hoping Saints can cause an upset at Morherwell tonight. 

Sorry Jim. Motherwell done my coupon in the first game. Not betting tonight so 3-0 Well this evening. 

Heading down to game and not expecting a classic as the wind is still swirling but 3-0 will do. 

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Sorry Jim. Motherwell done my coupon in the first game. Not betting tonight so 3-0 Well this evening. 

Heading down to game and not expecting a classic as the wind is still swirling but 3-0 will do. 

Fair nuff, just had a gut feeling all season we can do something in the Cup, last time I had this feeling we won the league cup in 2013.

#jimmyknows

23 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Fair nuff, just had a gut feeling all season we can do something in the Cup, last time I had this feeling we won the league cup in 2013.

#jimmyknows

Although it must be said it’s my day off and been in the pub for a few hours, so Och Ayes prediction is probably more realistic .

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Correct, hopefully be a decent crowd. Can't see it being the 9,000 that was at the replay the other season though. Still think we were at it with that crowd. No chance you could have fitted in another 9,000 in that night.

Aye, theres no way it was only half full!

9 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Annoying that we've missed a cup classic on the tv.

Its about time this stupid rule was challenged. Id have tuned in to watch a scottish cup match. If it wasnt for the tamb updates on haaland, id have no idea whonwas playing in the CL last night. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Its about time this stupid rule was challenged. Id have tuned in to watch a scottish cup match. If it wasnt for the tamb updates on haaland, id have no idea whonwas playing in the CL last night. 

I genuinely only found out Liverpool were playing when a friend posted that bet 365 had an offer on it, and found out Dortmund was the other game as the teams were coming out the tunnel.

I'd have watched the Motherwell game ahead of either. And this is from someone who would have stopped everything they were doing to watch the CL growing up.  Now I watch the semis and final at the very most.