Scottish Cup.... - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup....

On 4/8/2021 at 9:45 PM, jailender said:

Why are they appealing? they were caught breaking the regulations. Just playing the system as usual to get them available for certain games? 

They can't help themselves, it's in the clubs short history DNA, think they inherited it from a previous entity :P 

30 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

SFA considering suspending the Scottish Cup games next week because of Prince Phillips funeral. Fucking ridiculous. Who on earth would have submitted such a staunch request? 

Isn't it due to the funeral being at the same time. It isn't just rangers vs. Celtic that's affected it's every Saturday game that could be postponed. 

6 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Isn't it due to the funeral being at the same time. It isn't just rangers vs. Celtic that's affected it's every Saturday game that could be postponed. 

Can't see many of the players getting invited to the funeral. Not even the Rangers ones.

23 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Yes

I never suggested it was anything other than all games on Saturday being postponed. 

22 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

St Mirren 3 Rangers 2 🤷‍♂️I knew I must have dreamt that.

edited to say, though I’d quoted “Rangers looking to go through the season undefeated”

22 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

St Mirren 3 Rangers 2 🤷‍♂️I knew I must have dreamt that.

edited to say, though I’d quoted “Rangers looking to go through the season undefeated”

Aye.  Great result for Saints. Unbeaten in League so far though.  Hopefully Scottish Cup as well but it's a funny old game.  Still Champions though and stopped 10 and won 55.  Stand on 👉

9 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

There is no way they would risk the backlash , remember the backlash with the Diana funeral all those years ago

Would be quite apt if there was fitba on the day of Diana killers funeral. 

Due to rangers & celtic fans being unable to be trusted to watch a game amd not have a riot at 5:30pm in the afternoon, the Aberdeen/Livi game has been moved to accommodate them 😂😂

SFA have played a blinder by ensuring that the only game that matters doesn’t get affected for tv. 

68644104-BF11-4C7D-997C-2021B5FB7D5D.jpeg

Edited by dandydunn

38 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Due to rangers & celtic fans being unable to be trusted to watch a game amd not have a riot at 5:30pm in the afternoon, the Aberdeen/Livi game has been moved to accommodate them 😂😂

SFA have played a blinder by ensuring that the only game that matters doesn’t get affected for tv. 

68644104-BF11-4C7D-997C-2021B5FB7D5D.jpeg

And your point caller?  The OF game will bring the biggest amount of revenue in for the whole of Scottish Football.  What would you do if you were CEO of SFA?  The OF game is the only thing the TV are interested in this weekend in Scotland.  Take it that you are not a financial director of a company?

English cricket & horse racing will re-commence from 4.15pm, with premiership rugby starting at 5pm Sat

Rangers Celtic could go ahead on the Sat (as planned) at 5.30pm (Re-arranged Dons Livi slot)

I doubt (m)any Chelsea or Man City fans would bother tuning into Scotland's bigotfest 

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And your point caller?  The OF game will bring the biggest amount of revenue in for the whole of Scottish Football.  What would you do if you were CEO of SFA?  The OF game is the only thing the TV are interested in this weekend in Scotland.  Take it that you are not a financial director of a company?

Not surprised you don't get it. Chasing the money which destroys competition and promoting only two teams is exactly why Scottish football will never thrive.

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not surprised you don't get it. Chasing the money which destroys competition and promoting only two teams is exactly why Scottish football will never thrive.

You don't know me me VA but if you think i don't want competition in Scottish Football you have the wrong guy.

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You don't know me me VA but if you think i don't want competition in Scottish Football you have the wrong guy.

I didn't say you didn't want competition and you're right I don't know and I don't want to.

11 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Totally agree but does the TV money not get distributed around?  I don't know the answer to that one.  The fact is not just in Scotland that TV really rules the roost and an OF game is the biggest game up here.  Sad but true.

25 minutes ago, Redz said:

Point Being that it still could be on Sat at 5.30pm

Moving the day is a complete slap in the face to every other Scottish team

TV would have dictated that Redz.  I actually feel sorry for the SFA on this occasion.  They are caught between a rock and a hard place.  All due to a funeral. But the TV companies, whether we like it or not, won't want to be seen to be insensitive towards the Royals.  Money is money.  I don't agree with it either but can see where Premier Sports are coming from.  At the end of the day it is not the end of the world that the games have been moved.  Just need to get on with it.  As a Rangers fan I was expecting the OF game to be on a Sunday anyway.  And with no fans being allowed then no disruption to them.