Scottish Cup.... - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup....

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

CP was getting the final so they decided that Ibrox absolutely needed to get the semi final regardless of the fact that it was a home game for one of the teams.

Id totally forgotten about that. One of the most embarrasing moments in SFA history

I appreciate the zoomers on here like a good conspiracy theory.  It  was simply down to the fact that Hampden was out of commission, Celtic Park had the final  and both semis were scheduled to be played at Ibrox. This is what forward planning is all about.

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I appreciate the zoomers on here like a good conspiracy theory.  It  was simply down to the fact that Hampden was out of commission, Celtic Park had the final  and both semis were scheduled to be played at Ibrox. This is what forward planning is all about.

God forbid they applied some flexibility and common sense. 🤷‍♂️ anyway, was a great day out 😃

3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

It was forward planning but it should have been a case of play at ibrox unleas rangers are in the semi final. They got home advantage in a semi final which should never ever happen

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

God forbid they applied some flexibility and common sense. 🤷‍♂️ anyway, was a great day out 😃

Was at the game .It was actually a great game. Rangers were at a low point back then. United would have beaten us on any ground. 

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Was at the game .It was actually a great game. Rangers were at a low point back then. United would have beaten us on any ground. 

It was a good atmosphere that day, must have been a full house. We had a really good young side. But for a shitebag manager and complete prick running the club we could have had a great few years. Mental looking back what happened and how quickly 😡 

On 3/8/2020 at 9:58 AM, Jim Beem said:

It was a good atmosphere that day, must have been a full house. We had a really good young side. But for a shitebag manager and complete prick running the club we could have had a great few years. Mental looking back what happened and how quickly 😡 

Was that year that armstrong & mackay-steven went to celtic

followed by turkish fwd

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I'm guessing this seasons Scottish Cup is finished. No plans to still play it out even when the season starts? Just was wondering.. Cheers..

Nope. SFA (remember we have two ruling bodies in Scotland) have said it will be played out even if it is 2021.  I think they were serious.

If they are going to award a European place, it has to be finished by August 3rd (i’m sure that was deadline?).

Otherwise i presume Aberdeen go into Europe, possibly meaning Motherwell or Rangers skip forward a round?

40 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If they are going to award a European place, it has to be finished by August 3rd (i’m sure that was deadline?).

Otherwise i presume Aberdeen go into Europe, possibly meaning Motherwell or Rangers skip forward a round?

As i read it, Aberdeen received the place and they were in the next round.

1 hour ago, Debian said:

As i read it, Aberdeen received the place and they were in the next round.

Surely Motherwell would take the next round place over Aberdeen?

Unless we all go in at Q1?

Rangers could still win this years....

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Cheers, one more question, be it a stupid one, but I have no clue. Is there money paid out to the winners? I would imagine no, and even if it was a yes, it would be tuppence..

Of course there is.  Its around the £500k mark.

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Cheers, one more question, be it a stupid one, but I have no clue. Is there money paid out to the winners? I would imagine no, and even if it was a yes, it would be tuppence..

Nae the first stupid comment/question you’ve posted on here is it 😜

28 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well that is worth playing for. Never knew that. Cheers...

My local club get £4k for playing in the preliminary round.  There's roughly £24m paid out per season.