Scottish Cup.... - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup....

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I watched the game today and although christie wasnt brilliant he was hardly as you describe.

This Mox cunt has to be on suicide watch? Surely? No cunt be as oppressive as him and no be in danger? Pray for mox.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Celtic are clueless when the big Frenchman is negated.

Fair play to St Johnstone - they played a great game today. Did not deserve to lose and especially not in that unlucky manner.

DiD not deserve to lose? They played well, but Celtic certainly created more chances and the Saints keeper made some crackin saves.. Inwould hardly say St.J did not deserve to lose. They played very well though, ilk give them that..

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Celtic are clueless when the big Frenchman is negated.

Fair play to St Johnstone - they played a great game today. Did not deserve to lose and especially not in that unlucky manner.

Clueless cunt.

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Hearts v Hibs Saturday 12:30 ko BBC1

Tims v Dons Sunday 2pm ko Premier Sports

Is this confirmed or your prediction? I had thought for once we'd get a Saturday semi as our game would be easier for the police to handle than an Edinburgh derby surely?

1 minute ago, Terry Munro said:

Is this confirmed or your prediction? I had thought for once we'd get a Saturday semi as our game would be easier for the police to handle than an Edinburgh derby surely?

Just a prediction going by last years games. We played on the Sunday at 2pm. Hearts played the other semi, can’t remember who against. 

11 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

He was running about like a lunatic after McLean turned down the Edmondson handball and gave Hearts a corner as well. Couldn't quite get my head round that.

Was that the handball that led to a goal being chopped off? Was the guy booked for that?

9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Was that the handball that led to a goal being chopped off? Was the guy booked for that?

That's what McGregor was going mental about.  The goal was originally given till someone had a word in the ref's ear and he changed the decision.  However the Hearts player had already been booked so it is as clear a second yellow card as you'll ever see so he should have been off.  It's another staggeringly bad decision.  I only really watch Rangers games so can't really comment on the others, although I've no reason to imagine it'll be any different, but this season there seems to be at least 1 or 2 horrifically bad decisions every game.  I'm not just talking giving a corner the wrong way etc but incorrect decisions that could impact the outcome of the game.

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That's what McGregor was going mental about.  The goal was originally given till someone had a word in the ref's ear and he changed the decision.  However the Hearts player had already been booked so it is as clear a second yellow card as you'll ever see so he should have been off.  It's another staggeringly bad decision.  I only really watch Rangers games so can't really comment on the others, although I've no reason to imagine it'll be any different, but this season there seems to be at least 1 or 2 horrifically bad decisions every game.  I'm not just talking giving a corner the wrong way etc but incorrect decisions that could impact the outcome of the game.

It’s a conspiracy.

22 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Bold statement, with little basis in reality imo.

With Celtic now out, we get the vast majority of the marketing pool for games involving Scottish Clubs (dont think its the 100% the Daily Record said, plus a German team in the last 16). This is on top of the 7.2 million so far. Books should be pretty decent this year.

Celtic on the other have a claim lodged against them by 40 indivuduals for child abuse over a period of 40 years. Channel Four news suggested on Wednesday that this will be more than 100 by the time of the first hearing. That's a lot of compensation, if Celtic can't prove they had no links to the boys club- even if they settle out of court.

That's an awful lot of straw clutching there.

56 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Damour was pushed in the back and so his hands went up so no yellow card and should have been a penalty (very soft one). The handball a minute before was probably the most blatant handball I've ever seen that didn't result in a penalty. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

From what i saw of the match, the ref was pathetic for both sides

I just found McGregors tantrum hilarious, my daughter does similar but she's 2

38 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Damour was pushed in the back and so his hands went up so no yellow card and should have been a penalty (very soft one). The handball a minute before was probably the most blatant handball I've ever seen that didn't result in a penalty. 

It was 100% a penalty for Hearts prior to the corner.  However if he's disallowed the goal for handball then it must be a yellow card (it was clearly deliberate).  You could argue that Rangers should have had a penalty prior to both incidents when Kent was blocked in the box.  This isn't me saying that Rangers are being cheated or whatever, it's trying to highlight the shockingly bad standard of officiating on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

If the ref had given hearts a penalty for the obvious hand ball which led to the corner the ensuing bedlam from the corner wouldn’t have happened, edmondson could even have got a red card for being last man when he committed the hand ball. McCleans a terrible ref & the hope is he gets dropped from grade 1 games.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Steve Clarke called out McLean over 18 months ago and received an SFA ban for it.

Utterly clueless referee.

Should huv asked slippy G to make the comments for him, he’s untouchable going by some of his past comments 😜

15 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It was 100% a penalty for Hearts prior to the corner.  However if he's disallowed the goal for handball then it must be a yellow card (it was clearly deliberate).  You could argue that Rangers should have had a penalty prior to both incidents when Kent was blocked in the box.  This isn't me saying that Rangers are being cheated or whatever, it's trying to highlight the shockingly bad standard of officiating on a regular basis.

Think folk are trying to give McLean an easy out by saying that Damour got a very slight push in the back, but not enough for a penalty.