Scottish Cup.... - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup....

19 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

He seems to have managed to fit the entire starting 11 and subs under it after the game. Some going.

"I am feeling pain right now because I want to win here, I am desperate to win here. Looking from the side today, I didn't get the impression that the feeling amongst my players was the same.“

Whats happened to the Carpathian Maradona‘s Bairn? I was getting told he was the Second Coming a couple of weeks ago.

He’s also said that the performance does not give a true reflection of him and his staff 😂

59 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:Whats happened to the Carpathian Maradona‘s Bairn? I was getting told he was the Second Coming a couple of weeks ago.

To be fair to Hagi, he only came on as a late sub. I’ve been impressed with what I’ve seen of him.

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Alan mcgregors temper tantrum at the ref😂😂😂😂

He’s so ridiculous it’s quite funny. 😂

He’s definitely getting worse. Anybody know if he behaved like that at Hull?

45 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair to Hagi, he only came on as a late sub. I’ve been impressed with what I’ve seen of him.

He’s so ridiculous it’s quite funny. 😂

He’s definitely getting worse. Anybody know if he behaved like that at Hull?

So.  A player who has been booked puts the ball in to the net with not only one but two hands.  And doesn't get another booking?  If I was playing I would have been like McGregor.  It's called passion.  If the rest of the team had his passion for winning domestically we would be ok.  As for Gerrard I genuinely feel sorry for him.  His players let him down yesterday.  I have a sneaky feeling though that we are keeping our best to ensure success in Europe this season.  Just a sneaky one mind.  Glenlivet and Scotland Forever.

16 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

So.  A player who has been booked puts the ball in to the net with not only one but two hands.  And doesn't get another booking?  If I was playing I would have been like McGregor.  It's called passion.  If the rest of the team had his passion for winning domestically we would be ok.  As for Gerrard I genuinely feel sorry for him.  His players let him down yesterday.  I have a sneaky feeling though that we are keeping our best to ensure success in Europe this season.  Just a sneaky one mind.  Glenlivet and Scotland Forever.

It was a honking decision, don’t disagree, it was the last of a catalogue of errors, and I suspect it was an attempt at balancing out the fact it should’ve been a penalty for Hearts in the first place.

Thats obviously wrong, and referees will deny they do it, but they do.

Who spoke in his ear to disallow the goal? Him and his linesman both gave it originally....

Did whoever saw the Damour handball not see the Edmundson one?

A few minutes to forget for McLean and his team.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Good morning tambers

Jim goodwin throws the toys out of the pram. Apparently st mirren were much better than aberdeen despite lewis not having a save to make. Aye jim, the dons scored two and had a perfectly good goal chopped off.

I thought kennedy, main and ojo were great for aberdeen, particularly ojo.

Hard to argue with any of that, you looked comfortably in control for the whole game.

As for JG, I don’t pay too much attention to managers interviews straight after games, they mostly talk shite and are still emotional.

I’m more than happy with Goodwin as our manager, it would be nice to stay out of the bottom 2 for a change this season.

Good luck in the Semi final.

Gerrard is a weird guy. Sounds like he wants to hang the club out to dry and head off - after, it has to be said, an almost a reckless level of support.

I would be shocked if rangers still existed as a club in 18mths time. They look doomed. Can't see them continuing to piss against the wind in a post 10 in-a-row world. 

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Turns out celebrating goals in du dee for Aberdeen isnt very welcome. 

Apparently 30 “Utility” are looking for us as I speak 🤣🤣

Good luck to the cunts.........

😂😂 🙈

You don’t half spout some shite after a few jars. 

31 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Gerrard is a weird guy. Sounds like he wants to hang the club out to dry and head off - after, it has to be said, an almost a reckless level of support.

I would be shocked if rangers still existed as a club in 18mths time. They look doomed. Can't see them continuing to piss against the wind in a post 10 in-a-row world. 

Did you not see the draw for the last 16 in Europa League on Friday?  I am sure Scotland's representatives were in it.  Or have I missed something that you know?  Aye, we are really struggling.  If Celtic weren't as good and as consistent we would be doing better.  But still ahead of the rest.  Hardly a disaster.  But hey ho.  Heading down to Costa for a Latte then a beer.  Scotland Forever.

11 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Bold statement, with little basis in reality imo.

With Celtic now out, we get the vast majority of the marketing pool for games involving Scottish Clubs (dont think its the 100% the Daily Record said, plus a German team in the last 16). This is on top of the 7.2 million so far. Books should be pretty decent this year.

Celtic on the other have a claim lodged against them by 40 indivuduals for child abuse over a period of 40 years. Channel Four news suggested on Wednesday that this will be more than 100 by the time of the first hearing. That's a lot of compensation, if Celtic can't prove they had no links to the boys club- even if they settle out of court.

15 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I get the feeling Gerrard will resign after they get emptied from Europe and blame the players for not ‘meeting his standards’ or some such shite. 

The way he was talking last night it definitely sounded like he was questioning himself on whether he wanted to stay in the job.

Would be interested to hear the Rangers fans opinions on if that was say Murty or Warburton who had won (probably) nothing in 2 seasons while being well supported financially then would they be still in a job? 

8 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Would be interested to hear the Rangers fans opinions on if that was say Murty or Warburton who had won (probably) nothing in 2 seasons while being well supported financially then would they be still in a job? 

We are playing much better football generally than we did under Murty or Warburton, so thats a big plus. However the consistency is worrying and it may be that had those two been given the same amount of cash, they would have done the same as Gerrard.

That said very few Rangers fans would want rid of Gerrard. If Gerrard goes, it will be his decision.

15 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Celtic on the other have a claim lodged against them by 40 indivuduals for child abuse over a period of 40 years. Channel Four news suggested on Wednesday that this will be more than 100 by the time of the first hearing. That's a lot of compensation, if Celtic can't prove they had no links to the boys club- even if they settle out of court.

Have they? I must have missed that.

I would take Alex Thomson’s “tabloid” reporting with a pinch of salt. He was trying to claim that CBC were located in a building just outside Celtic Park and that’s where kids were abused. He even provided a very helpful map/picture with said building ringed to show how close it was to Celtic Park. Unfortunately for his claims, said building was the previous ticket office/Celtic pools shop and never housed anything to do with CBC. You would think any serious journalist making claims of this nature would have their facts correct. Obviously not....which calls into doubt all other parts of his claims IMO.