Scottish Cup.... - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup....

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

This did happen. I know of one dons fan who threw the toys out of the pram and left early. He wasnt allowed back in 😂😂😂

Did this guy walk down the stairs making a big song and dance saying "cheerio, I am away" not long after Killie scored? Was wondering if he was serious or just off for a pie or to the toilet 😂

21 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Did this guy walk down the stairs making a big song and dance saying "cheerio, I am away" not long after Killie scored? Was wondering if he was serious or just off for a pie or to the toilet 😂

Not sure, i just know he left at 1 nil down just before the equaliser 😂

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Some cup tie, still don't know how we lost.

Because we scored 4 ya dafty 😜

Seriously though, some second half / extra time - I was driving back from Abz (We'd been home for 6 days, but my wife had work today and we couldn't stay - although I did try to)  and listening to redtv on the road South - When Killie scored their 3rd I turned off.

Got to Norwich and texted a couple of pals with 'Useless c u n t s, season over!'

Was pleasantly surprised by the replies 😂😂😂

Have a fab time in S.A. 👍

6 minutes ago, Redz said:

Because we scored 4 ya dafty 😜

Seriously though, some second half / extra time - I was driving back from Abz (We'd been home for 6 days, but my wife had work today and we couldn't stay - although I did try to)  and listening to redtv on the road South - When Killie scored their 3rd I turned off.

Got to Norwich and texted a couple of pals with 'Useless c u n t s, season over!'

Was pleasantly surprised by the replies 😂😂😂

Have a fab time in S.A. 👍

Ha, I woke up this morning wishing it was a bad dream!

Cheers, will do!

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Some cup tie, still don't know how we lost.

Sore one to take but these things happen.

I'm in South Africa for the final anyway :lol: (never realised cup final was early this year and was shitting myself that I'd miss it). Doesn't make last night any easier to take though!

Fair play to the 1200 Dons that travelled.

Where in SA you going? Brilliant country  

Highlights were pish, 7 goals and that was it. Sounded on the radio there was a lot more to the game than that, second half onwards anyway. 

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Highlights were pish, 7 goals and that was it. Sounded on the radio there was a lot more to the game than that, second half onwards anyway. 

Think the three subs at once at H/T made all the difference (Bryson and McLennan especially), also a lot of our players did not seem to take to the plastic pitch in any way (lost count number of times McGinn got into a great position for a shot, only for the ball to end up the the top corner of the stand), as it certainly did feel a tad "group of lads playing 5's" at times.

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Where in SA you going? Brilliant country  

Brophy had 3 cracking chances not shown!

Erm, flying into Jo'Burg and one night there then getting Blue Train from Pretoria to Cape Town which I'm absolutely buzzing about as it looks unreal. Three nights at Cape Grace in CT then on Safari/Winelands for 10 days.

Golfing at the Links at Fancourt as staying there a few days then got 2 nights at Grootbos Nature Reserve, Two Nights at Pumba Game Reserve and 2 nights at Lalibela Game Reserve.

Cannae wait. Won't be doing that kinda holiday every often!

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Brophy had 3 cracking chances not shown!

Erm, flying into Jo'Burg and one night there then getting Blue Train from Pretoria to Cape Town which I'm absolutely buzzing about as it looks unreal. Three nights at Cape Grace in CT then on Safari/Winelands for 10 days.

Golfing at the Links at Fancourt as staying there a few days then got 2 nights at Grootbos Nature Reserve, Two Nights at Pumba Game Reserve and 2 nights at Lalibela Game Reserve.

Cannae wait. Won't be doing that kinda holiday every often!

Awesome. My uncle took our entire family over in 2002, about 25 of us. Started off in Pretoria at their house, went down to Cape Town for Xmas, Vancouver to Pretoria for new year then went onto Stellenbosch and Sun City for a few days.

Only managed to golf once, but it was at the Gary Player in sun city, the rest of the time I was hungover. 

It also happened to be my 21st between that, so made it even better. 

Only downside was when we went up table mountain, the fog cane in that quickly, we couldn’t see a thing 😂

Youll already know this, but if you’re driving, never ever stop for anyone on the streets, it’s a dangerous country. 

40 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Awesome. My uncle took our entire family over in 2002, about 25 of us. Started off in Pretoria at their house, went down to Cape Town for Xmas, Vancouver to Pretoria for new year then went onto Stellenbosch and Sun City for a few days.

Only managed to golf once, but it was at the Gary Player in sun city, the rest of the time I was hungover. 

It also happened to be my 21st between that, so made it even better. 

Only downside was when we went up table mountain, the fog cane in that quickly, we couldn’t see a thing 😂

Youll already know this, but if you’re driving, never ever stop for anyone on the streets, it’s a dangerous country. 

Aye, the missus has been a few times with work so we know the drill with driving!

We've got a helicopter ride over table mountain then to Robin Island but I want to climb Table Mountain too if we have time.

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, the missus has been a few times with work so we know the drill with driving!

We've got a helicopter ride over table mountain then to Robin Island but I want to climb Table Mountain too if we have time.

We had a family holiday to South Africa New Year 2015. Epic trip! The family did Robben Island on January 1st while I hiked Table Mountain up the India Venster route with a local guide. When I got to the top near the cable car station I managed to get on WiFi to follow the live fitba scores back home where United pumped Dundee 6-2 ✊🏼

9C13A1A3-630C-4C89-968F-DDD6746D96EF.jpeg

34 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought you were joking, they get 2 picks every round and pick Rangers and Celtic every time. 😂

Now that you've said that it rings a bell.  I don't have Premier so I've not really being paying attention to what games they're showing and was working the Hamilton game so didn't even check if it was on TV.  What channel is showing the diddy team other games, BT?

15 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Now that you've said that it rings a bell.  I don't have Premier so I've not really being paying attention to what games they're showing and was working the Hamilton game so didn't even check if it was on TV.  What channel is showing the diddy team other games, BT?

BBC have the other 2. Think both show the final?

BT had the league cup.

I may be wrong, but in 2 seasons they’ve had the deal I don’t think Premier have shown a game that didn’t involve the old firm, and may have shown all their games (unless they only got one semi, I think they have).

* I get they are effectively a PPV service, so it makes sense. Still a bit ridiculous of the SFA to sell out to a company with such little interest in the competition outside 2 sides. Then again, Sky have the league next year, and half their pundits are ex-OF cheerleaders called Kris. 😂

On 2/20/2020 at 5:05 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Robben Island is a fab trip - People who were put there do the tours - I found it an incredible place.

You can also abseil down the back of TM on the Camps Bay side if you fancy.

Boulders Beach (Penguin Colony), Hermanus for the Whale watching, and Speir wine farm in Stellenbosch are other top days out.

22 minutes ago, Redz said:

Robben Island is a fab trip - People who were put there do the tours - I found it an incredible place.

You can also abseil down the back of TM on the Camps Bay side if you fancy.

Boulders Beach (Penguin Colony), Hermanus for the Whale watching, and Speir wine farm in Stellenbosch are other top days out.

Thanks for the info - cannot wait for Robben Island!

We've got a trip to Speir Wine Farm booked, missus been before and raved about it.

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Thanks for the info - cannot wait for Robben Island!

We've got a trip to Speir Wine Farm booked, missus been before and raved about it.

There’s also cage-diving at shark-alley. That’s pretty epic! We took a wee Cessna plane from just outside CT to Gansbaai, the scenery as we flew over the mountains was fantastic 👍🏼