Kirk Douglas RIP - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kirk Douglas RIP

A remember a Celtic fan pal of mine telling me on a Monday at work a few years back that he at a game at Pittodrie on the Saturday. It had been snowing heavy and on entry to the ground area the streets were ripe for snowballs. So as heaps of them are being corralled along the road one fan wallops a snowball off of the back of a police officers head. The officer turns around livid and roaring out asking who had done it. The first reply comes back...... “I’m Spartacus!”
Then the same reply next from someone else, then another, then another, before hundreds of guys around are all shouting out the same thing. 😂

Ages ago i watched an interview with Kirk Douglas that was done in front of a live audience when he was over in the UK in the early 70s

At that time he was in his mid 50s and he was looking back on his early life and his film career as supposedly he was winding down from the acting business

It's mind blowing that was 50 years ago !

10 hours ago, aaid said:

Natalie Wood

I saw that trending last night and it was something i had never heard about

Nobody will ever know whether it was true or not but there is something not quite right

Natalie Wood was 14 in 1954 when this allegedly happened

Friends said she would "shudder" every time she heard Douglas's name.

This is from circa 1957/1958 when she was 17/18

douglas.jpeg

On her 18th birthday she went on a date with Robert Wagner who was 26

She said that she had had a crush on Wagner since she was a child

The way the story goes is that Natalie Wood had a consensual sexual relationship with a Hollywood director in return for better film roles.

Douglas knew this and decided he could expect the same from her.

It is certain that she was raped by someone but she never let on to anyone, not even her sister, of who the man was.

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Ages ago i watched an interview with Kirk Douglas that was done in front of a live audience when he was over in the UK in the early 70s

At that time he was in his mid 50s and he was looking back on his early life and his film career as supposedly he was winding down from the acting business

It's mind blowing that was 50 years ago !

I was looking for some old interview clips and found this one. 30 minutes speaking in French, he was certainly a man of many skills...