Teeny Ramy - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Teeny Ramy

1 minute ago, Grim Jim said:

How high are yon foreign pints where you are lads?   Metric yet, 20oz pints or 16oz?    I've had some 24oz Guiness, but did throw up on a plane after an Anchor Steam once.   Dodgy 'pint' obviously.

Where I am they call it a pint but it’s not as big as our pints back home. Although, some “Irish” pubs will order our larger glasses from home and give you it in that to make it more authentic. 

How high are yon foreign pints where you are lads?   Metric yet, 20oz pints or 16oz?    I've had some 24oz Guiness, but did throw up on a plane after an Anchor Steam once.   Dodgy 'pint' obviously.

Most pubs here at 20oz mate. Some pubs are 16oz but you pay the difference. Bevie is expensive here. Wife and I go for the odd drink, but with the drinking and driving law, it's no worth it anymore.. 

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Most pubs here at 20oz mate. Some pubs are 16oz but you pay the difference. Bevie is expensive here. Wife and I go for the odd drink, but with the drinking and driving law, it's no worth it anymore.. 

Local stuff that’s not imported. What’s that cheap Canadian stuff, is it Labatt? It’s pishwater like Bud or Miller here but it’ll be cheaper. How much a bottle or pint of that?

I was drinking some of that last year just over the Detroit border into Canada in Windsor

Edited by WCTA

I only asked btw, since we are now here having to switch to yards of mead come 31st Dec.

Anyway, was in the US some times ago and friendly Irish (genuine) barmaid would give you a 24 by your accent rather than 16 for the locals.

Careful when you come back here Ramy if driving, as limit is as near as damn'it zero now, and need 12hr to clear your system.

1 minute ago, WCTA said:

Local stuff that’s not imported. What’s that cheap Canadian stuff, is it Labatt? It’s pishwater like Bud or Miller here but it’ll be cheaper. How much a bottle or pint of that?

Budweiser, Coors, Bud Light, '$7 a pint.. Depenfs where you go pal. I can take you to some pubs where it is cheap, but close to the byward market, the dearwe it is. I'll sort you pal, no worries..

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Budweiser, Coors, Bud Light, '$7 a pint.. Depenfs where you go pal. I can take you to some pubs where it is cheap, but close to the byward market, the dearwe it is. I'll sort you pal, no worries..

I’m not a stingy cunt when I go somewhere. I cannae stick cunts going on a trip and counting pennies. I’m just curious, that’s all. 👍

2 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I only asked btw, since we are now here having to switch to yards of mead come 31st Dec.

Anyway, was in the US some times ago and friendly Irish (genuine) barmaid would give you a 24 by your accent rather than 16 for the locals.

Careful when you come back here Ramy if driving, as limit is as near as damn'it zero now, and need 12hr to clear your system.

Cheers for that mate. I stay in Cumbernauld when I am over or Barrhead. I dont drive over there. My cousins look after me well. Thanks Jim..👍

1 minute ago, WCTA said:

I’m not a stingy cunt when I go somewhere. I cannae stick cunts going on a trip and counting pennies. I’m just curious, that’s all. 👍

Naw that's fine. I'm the same, but why pay more when you can have just as good laugh in another boozer. Dinnae worry mate, I'll sort it..

Oh aye, and 'Light' beers over there were what, 2.5%?   Here, about 5% for same named American stuff.   Pish with syrup in it (I imagine).

No, many people incorrectly assume that light beers are light strength. They are normal strength. The ‘light’ part is for the calories.

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Naw that's fine. I'm the same, but why pay more when you can have just as good laugh in another boozer. Dinnae worry mate, I'll sort it..

I want local pubs with local guys ripping the pish oot o’ me. I enjoy that. I hate snazzy, wanky places. 👍

10 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I don't drink that shite. I will introduce you to some pints mate. I do like Guinness though..

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Aye mate. Bit dodgy as I'm no familiar. I used to stay in Partick afore, drank at The Smidddy Bar. Love it there. Always go in when I'm over...

I take it yer no’ going over in March for the fitba’ then?