Warsaw Webcam - Poland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Warsaw Webcam

Bristolhibby

you have to go to the places that tell you the story. As peever is saying their nation suffered. Go to the uprising museum go to the Gestapo museum its in the leafy supurb the Germans lived. I have never experienced anthying like it. Aye Krakov is touristy but Warsaw will tell you what its like to live under a master race. You can even get in the communist van and go to the suburbs. One statue of Lenin remains. Great city, great people, great food and freedom. well its good to be free And then there is the fitba...

you have to go to the places that tell you the story. As peever is saying their nation suffered. Go to the uprising museum go to the Gestapo museum its in the leafy supurb the Germans lived. I have never experienced anthying like it. Aye Krakov is touristy but Warsaw will tell you what its like to live under a master race. You can even get in the communist van and go to the suburbs. One statue of Lenin remains. Great city, great people, great food and freedom. well its good to be free And then there is the fitba...

brilliant, thanks man!

meant tae say. The strong links between Scotland and Poland go back centuries. If you want to see a Saltire on the wall. Go down a side street off the old market square. You will find a plaque on the wall there in the memory of Alexander Chalmers, Warsaw's, Aberdeenshire Mayor from the 17th century. Well worth searching out.

Loads of Polish Clubs in Scotland. My grandfather was a regular in the Polish Club in Glenfarg St, Woodside and we held his wake there.

Not saying this because I am heading to Warsaw but I have a lot of time for the Poles. Good, honest hardworking people and looking forward to mingling with them in the pubs in the next few days.

meant tae say. The strong links between Scotland and Poland go back centuries. If you want to see a Saltire on the wall. Go down a side street off the old market square. You will find a plaque on the wall there in the memory of Alexander Chalmers, Warsaw's, Aberdeenshire Mayor from the 17th century. Well worth searching out.

Found it and learnt that he was Mayor 4 times in 1691, 1694, 1696 and 1702

• 3 months later...