S.S.C. Numbers - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

S.S.C. Numbers

billyqos

Going with the updated "Points" table the TOTAL membership is currently 18,879 TOTAL. That's an awful drop surely? Sure it was 30K+ when we were getting worried about not being able to get 2 x tickets per member and changing it down to one ticket only to avoid demand for home games. AM I CORRECT in this? Maybe the not filling Hampden any longer is looking a bigger task than we have always thought. And we moan about not having the 100,000 gates......…………………………………...

Not sure why you’re surprised by this given our recent attendances. 

A lot of people only joined the SSC to guarantee themselves a home ticket. There probably hasn’t been a home game in almost 15 years that sold out so quickly that lots of people missed out on a ticket with the possible exception of England in 2018. Italy 2007 maybe?

Even the playoff against Israel, whilst selling well and heading for a sell out, is accessible to pretty much anyone that wants to go. 

Only success will bring regular big crowds back to Hampden which in turn will see an increase in membership.

1 hour ago, in5omniac said:

I guess if we qualify and being in the SSC is the best chance of getting tickets for the Hampden games then numbers might go up a bit.

Joining now won’t get you a ticket for the Hampden games if we qualify. 

The SFA will probably only get about 5000 to sell per game and those will go to members with a good few points I would imagine. 

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

I think if we had a ground in Scotland that held about 30k then our attendances would still be seen as pretty good, it's just that Hampden looks awful when it's half full on the tv.

Our attendances are pretty good when compared with countries of a similar population. They are just poor compared to a few years ago when we qualified regularly (or at least still had the hope of doing so).

Hopefully we’ll win our next 2 games and do ourselves justice in the finals. If we do that the crowds will come back. At least for a while.......

Its been dropping for a while now.

Basic use of the SSC was to get access to away tickets, but a lot of people joined up on the back of the Euro 2008 campaign, and then stayed steady when we got groups that included the likes of Spain, England and Germany (plus the Republic of Ireland game... knew a few Irish students in Glasgow who signed up for the SSC with the sole purpose of guaranteeing a ticket for that one game), with one eye on getting home tickets for those such games.

Attendances have been falling for a while, and a lot of people see no need in joining/renewing (especially last campaign, when we never really got a "wow-factor" style team in the draw.... Belgium are a top side, but in peoples eyes, not in that Italy, Spain, France etc bracket or the likes of England), as we have not had a sell out in a good number of years now, so tickets are not all that hard to get.

Also I do not think the carrot of "home points" has turned out to be as appealing as the SSC (and a number of fans who were screaming for it for years) expected it to be.

So a fall in numbers was expected.

Edited by wanderer

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Joining now won’t get you a ticket for the Hampden games if we qualify. 

The SFA will probably only get about 5000 to sell per game and those will go to members with a good few points I would imagine. 

I wouldn't be so sure on that...for the euros all ticket sales are handed through the Uefa website (although I think SFA do get some say in how they are allocated) 

In regards to the sign-up, when tickets for England fans went on sale in December, new members could still join their supporters club and apply for tickets right up until the deadline

9 minutes ago, KillieDJ said:

I wouldn't be so sure on that...for the euros all ticket sales are handed through the Uefa website (although I think SFA do get some say in how they are allocated) 

In regards to the sign-up, when tickets for England fans went on sale in December, new members could still join their supporters club and apply for tickets right up until the deadline

Each team gets an allocation for each of the games the compete in.

UEFA gives these to the competing nations.

England have an allocation for each of their group games and allocate them based on Fans caps (our points system).

We'll be the same.

There will also be England (and Scotland) fans who have applied through UEFA for England (or Scotland) games.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

56 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Each team gets an allocation for each of the games the compete in.

UEFA gives these to the competing nations.

England have an allocation for each of their group games and allocate them based on Fans caps (our points system).

We'll be the same.

There will also be England (and Scotland) fans who have applied through UEFA for England (or Scotland) games.

I still think Uefa handle all the sales but agreed it will be the SFA who determine what points are required for each game

Ironically, it will be easier to get a ticket to the Scotland game at Wembley than the 2 at Hampden. 

2 minutes ago, KillieDJ said:

I still think Uefa handle all the sales but agreed it will be the SFA who determine what points are required for each game

Ironically, it will be easier to get a ticket to the Scotland game at Wembley than the 2 at Hampden. 

No, UEFA give each FA a certain amount of tickets (this could be as much as 15% for each game... while we are potentially playing 2 games at Hampden, its still classified as an "away" game) to distribute through their usual methods, in Scotland's case through the SSC.

Only difference being there will probably be a few additional security questions asked for getting your ticket packs for the matches.

Its extremely unlikely that any new members will get anywhere near enough points between now and when they (hopefully....) go on sale for us, as I imagine they will go on sale before any friendlies in May are played, and Israel at Hampden being the only chance of getting a point between now and then.

16 minutes ago, wanderer said:

No, UEFA give each FA a certain amount of tickets (this could be as much as 15% for each game... while we are potentially playing 2 games at Hampden, its still classified as an "away" game) to distribute through their usual methods, in Scotland's case through the SSC.

Only difference being there will probably be a few additional security questions asked for getting your ticket packs for the matches.

Its extremely unlikely that any new members will get anywhere near enough points between now and when they (hopefully....) go on sale for us, as I imagine they will go on sale before any friendlies in May are played, and Israel at Hampden being the only chance of getting a point between now and then.

A quick scan at the Uefa website suggests otherwise. 

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/ticketing/#/

I guess we will find out in March if even an issue...

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

I imagine it will be along the lines of logging on via a link through the ssc page.

AFAIK, UEFA handle the actual ticket sales and distribution but it's the national associations that set the criteria for sales.

4 hours ago, KillieDJ said:

I am sure of it. 

The FAs of all qualified teams will receive an allocation to sell to their fans. This will be between 17%-20% of the capacity of the stadium (split between the two FAs) so the SFA will get around 5000 tickets for our games at Hampden and 9000 for our game at Wembley if we qualify. 

England fans (and fans of other qualified nations) have already been given an allocation that were sold via the FA, not the UEFA website although there may have been some sort of link I suppose. 

If the SFA don’t use the loyalty points system (which they will) to allocate these tickets then they will have a riot on their hands. If they do use the loyalty points system then then anyone who joins between now and the Israel match will have a maximum of 3 points which will offer very little chance of a finals ticket. Anyone who joins after the playoffs will have zero points and zero chance of a ticket. 

Edited by Texas Pete

1 hour ago, aaid said:

AFAIK, UEFA handle the actual ticket sales and distribution but it's the national associations that set the criteria for sales.

I can’t remember the details but I think we would access the portal via the SSC website but the payment goes to UEFA.

I’m not sure how it works and won’t really care until we qualify but the important thing is it will only be SSC members that can apply and I would be astounded if they don’t use the points system to allocate the tickets. 

On 2/4/2020 at 7:42 PM, billyqos said:

Going with the updated "Points" table the TOTAL membership is currently 18,879 TOTAL. That's an awful drop surely? Sure it was 30K+ when we were getting worried about not being able to get 2 x tickets per member and changing it down to one ticket only to avoid demand for home games. AM I CORRECT in this? Maybe the not filling Hampden any longer is looking a bigger task than we have always thought. And we moan about not having the 100,000 gates......…………………………………...

Actually a pretty impressive membership ,all things considered . Don’t know how they managed to persuade 19000 to rejoin ,I think that is probably up on the same time last year . 

Can I just take this opportunity to ask everyone (if they haven't done so already) to check their points total. My total was 13 which I thought was way short considering I have been to all of the last 10 home games. 5 of the last 10 away games and have renewed my membership and have been a member for more than 4 campaigns making it 22. Sure enough I emailed the SFA about this and they confirmed it should have been 22 and have amended it accordingly. Apparently 9 of the last 10 home games were not included in the total😬. So just a heads up if not sure email them at supporters@scottishfa.co.uk including your name and membership number.

I won’t be the only one who thinks the sfa are not actually supporters of the national team . 
I reckon they are self centred britnats who do not give a flying one about Scotland. Indeed , they are happy to leach off Scotland for their own benefit and to the absolute detriment of our progress. A bit like the England supporters in ibrox.

I will not contribute to the sfa whilst they are what I consider them to be. 
I will buy my tickets that I can manage to attend as I always have. 

why is it that those who do not pay to attend think they have the loudest say? Cunts IMO 

I’m looking forward to the next game . Bought my ticket ( when are they being sent) and this is the closest to a home tournament in my life. 
Imagine. 
we have a home tournament for the first time ever. Our near neighbour have one again , that they have already qualified for and have every game at home and are favourites to win. It will happen on our doorstep wether we are there or not. 

looking forward to the game against the you know who’s.