crowd for israel game - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

crowd for israel game

thesaint

8 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Perhaps the experts should look at the schools next or were the ones involved with football ahead of the game so to speak. Every effort is being made to continue as normal in other areas so as cut back on the inevitable social shut down. I cant see any reason why football should have been any different.

Football associations made these desicions not experts. 

There are issues with insurance for football clubs that you should maybe look into.

The football authorities around the world are possibly in a better position than you to decide if they should still be playing or not. 

36 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

The virus was already spreading rapidly through football I think though? 

‘50 people meeting in a stadium twice a week’ is a totally inaccurate description of how football operates.

I think that very few people wanted football to continue behind closed doors. You are in a very small minority there.

The main problem with football is the large amount of fans going to games and potentially spreading the virus. If you eliminate the fans then football is effectively just a group of ppl of around say 50 or so congregating and playing a sport. Obviously you have training and travel but it's really a drop in the ocean when you consider most of the country are going to pubs and shops and generally working and living. Behind closed doors is not ideal but in this situation it would best to get it done and dusted before it hits a point where we can't finish it whether we want to or not. The corona virus could of hit in November or December then we would of been up shit creek but its going to be at its worst at a point when the football seasons are over. Lots of countries live with disease and hunger and other serious problems like natural disasters but as soon as wealthy Europe gets hit with death and hardship its a case of lock down. The death rate of football squads will be nearly non existent and clubs have doctors that can be testing everyday for the virus and making sure a player is quarantined. The general public don't have this luxury in their industries. It's a case of if you get it you won't know until your ill, whereas footballers will get tested constantly. In the time it's taken me to write this post probably several children in the world have died of starvation. Lifes a cunt, overpaid footballers can suck it up. 

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

There are issues with insurance for football clubs that you should maybe look into.

The football authorities around the world are possibly in a better position than you to decide if they should still be playing or not. 

Thanks, you should have mentioned that in the first place it would have explained a lot for me.

We can all get back to I want the cup cos I'm top and shit like that. 

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

The main problem with football is the large amount of fans going to games and potentially spreading the virus. If you eliminate the fans then football is effectively just a group of ppl of around say 50 or so congregating and playing a sport. Obviously you have training and travel but it's really a drop in the ocean when you consider most of the country are going to pubs and shops and generally working and living. Behind closed doors is not ideal but in this situation it would best to get it done and dusted before it hits a point where we can't finish it whether we want to or not. The corona virus could of hit in November or December then we would of been up shit creek but its going to be at its worst at a point when the football seasons are over. Lots of countries live with disease and hunger and other serious problems like natural disasters but as soon as wealthy Europe gets hit with death and hardship its a case of lock down. The death rate of football squads will be nearly non existent and clubs have doctors that can be testing everyday for the virus and making sure a player is quarantined. The general public don't have this luxury in their industries. It's a case of if you get it you won't know until your ill, whereas footballers will get tested constantly. In the time it's taken me to write this post probably several children in the world have died of starvation. Lifes a cunt, overpaid footballers can suck it up. 

Think Petes nailed it with mentioning insurance. It might only be 50 people but some of them are worth rather a lot. I doubt putting players at needless risk is covered no matter how minimal you or I might see it

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

As an example, Austria have banned gatherings of more than 5 people. Within a couple of weeks, the whole UK will be on lockdown. Nearly every sport decided to stop, not just football. I don’t really know the exact reasons behind that, but I’d imagine that in the grand scheme of things, football isn’t that important. Unfortunately, the season being finished off was not a priority, in terms of what is happening just now.

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Thanks, you should have mentioned that in the first place it would have explained a lot for me.

We can all get back to I want the cup cos I'm top and shit like that. 

What on Earth are you talking about? 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Had an uncle who used to use it for cigarette papers if he ran out on a Sunday, kind of ironic really.

For younger posters everything used to be shut on a Sunday.

Haha, bringing the burning bush to life. 

I lived in Jersey for a few years in the 80’s, a couple of years ago my mum gave me a letter I had written her whilst I was there. It was too expensive to phone regularly.

At the end I wrote ‘ i need to finish now as i need to write to granpa too and only have one sheet of writing paper left’.
It was a Sunday and as you say all the shops were closed. Seems a million years ago but it was only the 80’s. 

8 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

UEFA has postponed Euro 2020 until the summer of 2021 to allow European leagues more time to complete their seasons amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Not officially from UEFA, but from the Norwegian FA instead. No reason to question it though and so almost certainly this will be true.

Also, the fact that it is probably the most sensible solution would reaffirm that view further.