crowd for israel game - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

crowd for israel game

thesaint

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We don't seem to sell front three rows directly behind the goals anymore due to those boards. Think if/when they do they are classed as restricted view.

I don't event think they sold them for the England game.

Think that was a result of getting their baws booted in the press after the Germany and Poland games for people not being able to see the pitch from those seats.

7 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Yep, which give what the last decade has been like, is a very fair assessment (also remember that the Euro 2008 were all 3pm Saturday kick off's, so you will have to go back A LOT longer for a midweek game where we have attracted this many). 

Weren’t France and Italy 5pm kick-offs?

7 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Aye, that was why I said Hampden. 

Yeah, in terms of a home game, then no you do not have to go all that far back (given Celtic Park has close to 9k advantage over Hampden, and we did not give either Ireland or England more tickets than the difference would be) but in terms of Hampden, its late 00's for sure, and probably talking 80's for a midweek game at Hampden (games played at Celtic Park in 90's were when it was only a capacity of 45k IIRC)

Edited by wanderer

3 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Looking at stadium plan as of today - looks like only seats left are South stand upper - that should make about 45,000 tickets sold so far ???

Aye, i'd say so.

Maybe 2,000 left on sale in total. Plus a few first few rows behind the goals that they don't sell due to advertising (see Parkhead last night)