crowd for israel game - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

crowd for israel game

thesaint

Site for tickets seems to be under maintenance. I found there was a select seat option which allows just that.

As for poundshop desperate dan , you deal with your own inferiority complex. I will stick to my experience of the national team that is both capable of going behind to the worlds lowest ranking team and beating World Cup finalists home and away. That’s my understanding. Also , after our last two games against Israel I don’t know wether the abject wtf in Israel or the we’re gonna win eleven turns up. 

the idea that if Israel knock us out I would rather they qualify is due to the giggles it would provide and it would be their first ever finals . They don’t view Scotland as unbeatable at all. 
37 days and we’ll have a result 

Just now, Catchart Circle said:

Not sold out - crowd given as 46,773.

South Upper was not opened so I guess the tickets printed were close to being sold.

Ok, so going back to the original question, when was the last time we had more/as many Scotland fans inside the ground as we are going to have at the Israel game? 

2 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Ok, so going back to the original question, when was the last time we had more/as many Scotland fans inside the ground as we are going to have at the Israel game? 

Someone posted this on twitter few weeks back, Poland was just a smidge off 50k, but Germany in 2015 was last time we had over 50k

Just now, wanderer said:

Someone posted this on twitter few weeks back, Poland was just a smidge off 50k, but Germany in 2015 was last time we had over 50k

But that’s not what I’m asking. Poland and Germany would have had larger supports. I’m wondering when was the last time we will have had as many Scotland fans inside Hampden?

Just now, WCTA said:

But that’s not what I’m asking. Poland and Germany would have had larger supports. I’m wondering when was the last time we will have had as many Scotland fans inside Hampden?

Ahhhh.... truth is, sells outs are usually for bigger games, who are against teams who bring big supports.

Off the top of my head, you are probably talking either the Czech game under Levein, or even further back something like Ukraine or Lithuania in 2007

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

Ahhhh.... truth is, sells outs are usually for bigger games, who are against teams who bring big supports.

Off the top of my head, you are probably talking either the Czech game under Levein, or even further back something like Ukraine or Lithuania in 2007

Aye, those two could be a good shout. 

1 minute ago, WCTA said:

So, fair to say it’s been over a decade since we have had as many of us at a game? 

Yep, which give what the last decade has been like, is a very fair assessment (also remember that the Euro 2008 were all 3pm Saturday kick off's, so you will have to go back A LOT longer for a midweek game where we have attracted this many).